McKesson
Coronavirus update
Information from McKesson:

McKesson Employee Reviews

United Kingdom310 reviews
Formerly owned by Celesio UK, Finding cover for pharmacists was done well.

Encouragement for getting more qualifications felt more for the companies financial benefit than your own.
Pros
Rewards for meeting targets
Cons
sometimes its figures over customer experience
No respect for employees. Worst pay comparing to other pharmacists from other companies.
No rewards for working, minimum staff levels.

Regional managers really pushy
Only benefit is you can improve your career and move up the ladder. But even then it could take years and years and there’s no guarantee so your stuck in limbo. They leave you hanging on a thread.
Pros
Career progression just about
Cons
Poor salary, no staff, work overload, unrealistic goals set without hardly any staff, pay does not come near to the vast amount of work
I would be still working at Lloyds if I didn't have to leave to become my Mum's carer. I found the company very support and the branch I worked in was a very friendly place to be. Everyone was so encouraging and the place was a happy enviroment.
Pros
Bonus Scheme
Cons
The company pays minimum wage for a key role in the NHS sector to provide a service to the general public.
(I fought for more money as I have more experience, even though this still doesn’t reflect my worth)

It can be a stressful environment, especially currently due to the coronavirus and I believe is relatively difficult job and employees deserve to be paid more than Minimum wage to carry out their role.

Holiday entitlement is rubbish.

There’s no sick pay.
Pros
Inspire bonus when hitting targets
Cons
Minimum wage
They are absolutely not interested in their staff, you would be just a dogs body, they also like to hire and fire most especially before you first two years is complete so they can just get rid of you without question. I have seen very good hard working staff leave because of how they were treated. I am so glad to be away from them. I could actually say, the worse company I have worked for.
I was used for the shop floor despite passing my dispensary course, I never had any opportunity to progress, my lovely manager retired and new manager was ignorant never acknowledged you and was sarcastic and unhelpful , also new supervisor had no regard or respect for work colleagues, I loved my job but was pushed out
Pros
good relationships with customers over the years
Cons
No chance of advancing in your career, only advantage if your in the family so they will promote you, a lot of control
Great cuture and people, loved it. I loved the collaboration with colleagues and the opportunity to work remotely too as the office as based in N London near Brent Cross, so it could take 2 hours to cover 20 mies.
Don't really care about you. It's all about target's. But they kept moving the goal posts everytime so you dont meet them. Not good if you have a work issue
Collaborative working environment. Opportunity to climb the ladder , so to speak if so wished. Good work / life balance. Opportunity to further educate and expand on skills if so wished.
I depends on the branch for the working conditions, some people are lovely and there is a good working atmosphere, others people can be single minded. But McKesson are very good at informing people weekly and keeping people updated.
My Mum worked at a different Lloyds Pharmacy and heard of the position which she know would be a perfect start for me. I was only there for 18 months and thoroughly enjoyed myself but it was time to move on for a full time role.
Working for lloyds is an odd experience. The cliques that exists goes from shop level to head office. Head office are always inventing some new measure that will transform the lloyds experience but in truth somebody is just being paid to make up new ways to make life difficult. They expect everyone to be on board with their stupid ideas and if you voice your opinion you are labelled as difficult. Glad I left, I couldn’t actually take much more.
The onsite manager was one of the best managers I've ever had to work for, but higher up the food chain was terrible. Awfully understaffed branch that the area manager and head office couldn't care less about and all for minimum wage. Verbal and physical abuse from patients and customers that again higher up the food chain don't care about. Could offer me all the money in the country and I can honestly say it wouldn't be enough to make me go back for one day. Avoid at all costs.
really good company, nice work place and pleasant people. work is interesting and varied and the canteen does really nice food. good parking and flexible hours
I enjoyed my time McKesson, I worked part-time for the pharmacy department. It was a very pleasant place to work and fast-paced. No two days were the same so lots of variety. I received lots of good training and felt I really improved in my work. I only left because I had to care for my Mum.
nice staff amazing workplace never had bad days working there was great fantastic amazing people who did everyythiinnggg they coould no mattter waht
well organised. happy place to be. friendly staff, busy work environment. happy go lucky mangers, but stern and very professional. learned a lot about practice.
Could be a lovely place to work - however it is top heavy on Managers many who are inexperienced and out of their depth . A lot of double standards and favouritism.
Pros
A good stop gap between jobs
Cons
Too much expected for the pay a them and us attitude
Plenty of support from management but it is all to drive and force targets. The only thing that makes it feel worthwhile are your loyal customers who do praise your hard work and show their appreciation for what you do for them.
Pros
support from management
Cons
too much workload per individual
The pharmacy was busy on a daily basis as it was next door to a doctors surgery. Great team all working together to ensure the day to day running was at a good standard.
Pros
Flexible working hours.
Cons
shortage of some medications.