McKesson UK

McKesson UK Employee Reviews

United Kingdom171 reviews
At any time, you could get kicked out for someone crying about not being needed next week. They will happily put you out of work to please them. They just please those who moan the most.
Fast pace work. Extremely busy. Management was great in my dept 2008-2016. MD at the time was great and connected to staff. He left late 2017. Friendly teams.
Pros
Great canteen. Small in house pharmacy. Good staff discount.
Cons
Changed management. Pay not up to roll average
Varied job. Two routes per day.
Good team work. Uniform was provided along with safety shoes. Regular training. Paid annual leave. Enjoyed meeting different people.
I worked at McKesson for 15 years and in that time there were redundancies every year without fail. Jobs are given to faces that fit even if you are more capable. The ICARE values are talked about daily but in reality they are rarely used.
Continuously work hard together to deliver for the needs of the customers both internally and external. Whilst complying with legislation and provisions.
Fast paced work setting. Always busy, but this is great as your never not doing something. People are lovely and always happy to help and will always go above and beyond to help customers as well as employees,
Very informative work setting.
not great! I worked for this company for over a decade and its gone massively down hill. No interest in giving staff the support they need to progress
Pros
Cons
bad wages
Wage not paid threw in deep end and left for over 10 hours no one to speak to just left to get on with it training is barely existing and after being there over 2 week I was only put on the system as working there the second friday I worked there so therefore I've had to wait 3 week for a weekly wage organisation is clearly none existent and management clearly none existent despite having a sign in and out form on security desk when you enter the building is clearly not checked by payroll as I have stated its took them 2 week to notice I worked there and that was only due to me contacting them or god knows how long it would have taken them to realise they have new staff on the payroll HOPELESS
Workers are overworked and sometimes forced to work into the night hours after they were supposed to end their shift, younger workers brought on and sacked before end of probation
Worked for over 5 years but getting worse! Too many redudancies and management do not care anymore. The company is willing to lose talent to save money
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at McKesson UK?
Good company to work for, over 300 drops per week, managing time and customer expectations. Interaction with branch staff and working as a team is a big factor in what is good about the job
Management are unbearable usually all related or friends there is no management courses they go on or people skills they have therefore if you have any complaints who do you complain to as they are all related and friends it goes no further. Spoke to like rubbish and expected to do things, know things when there is no communication between management and the team. Favouritism and people management dont dont like is made clear sham if a company and sham of a shop !! Its a shame because the team I'm talking about want to work and put the effort it but the moral is so low they dont even want to come to work....if only area managers could sort it out and maybe give management some personality or management course or even people skills !!!
At McKesson everybody has the opportunity to develop through hard work and dedication. The problem is that the workload is not sustainable and no measures are put in place to change this. Everyday is stressful due to lack of time to deal with the endless challenges.
Friendly colleagues and helpful management.
You are expected to work until the job is done. Which could mean you are at work 12 plus hours a day. You get paid 10 hours a day. If you need time for doctors etc you MUST use your holiday allowance. Don't expect any support after 4pm management have gone home and are unreachable. Pay sounds great until you work out the hours then you are on less than minimum wage!!!!!!
Toxic environment, poor leadership, leaders do not live up to company values, employees are just another number, they can’t retain talent, they can’t pay people properly for hours worked and don’t care, would not recommend as an employer.
Bullying at management level, pay is really poor, moral very low across the board, asking for advice is seen as a sign of weakness, no encouragement given
Pros
Cons
Stressful
well where do i start about this company, i would say avoid they are by far the worst company i have ever worked for ,poor management area managers couldnt care less all they ever say is more mur more nms ,low pay total lack of support, customers aggressive nothing in place to protect staff low morale ,understaffed underpaid over worked i could go on but i think you will get the picture if you care about your sanity avoid this disgusting company
If it weren't for the great team we had I'm not sure many colleagues would have stayed. We had a very small team, too small at times, when one person was going on holiday you had to cover shifts (as expected), however, if you were already working that day and no one would cover the evening you'd have to stay the whole day.... This is without a break. 12 hour shifts with no break is exhausting and for minimum wage, is not worth it. You'd also be expected to do a lot, stuff which as a trainee you shouldn't be doing because it's not something in your job description, this is just to keep the work force low to save on money, definitely spreading the work force too thinly, it got incredibly stressful.

When I went for the interview I was told we get a bonus every month when we meet our targets. Which sounded fantastic. Little did I know that targets are almost never met because they are so ridiculously unreachable. The amount of customers plateau but the targets just seemed to get higher and higher.

The regional managers that came in to check on us were hit or miss, lovely some days, bite your head off on others.

The training was good, managed to get it done before I left because of our fantastic pharmacists. The training was very informative and I believe will help me in future job prospects.

So yeah, the actual company morales for their staff really isn't great but luckily I had a great team to guide me through everything, if it weren't for them I would've left the job much earlier. It just isn't worth it.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Long hours, rubbish pay, understaffed, exhaustion
Good people to work alongside
Management dont understand work amount compared to staff amount

Constantly worked / constant early finish depending on department

Underpaid for job (flt driver) while standard pickers get paid same with bonuses, where as drivers dont get bonuses
Redundancy threat/reduced hours nationwide. Bad managers/regional managers. Awful and unsafe working conditions. Workload is too high for the amount of staff we have. Very nasty atmosphere in the dispensary from the manager.
Good place to work and always a ladder to climb , can be very stressful but very rewarding