McCurrach Employee Reviews

Unprofessional Company
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Various26 September 2018
- Visit various outlets throughout the day
- First outlet call by 8am / last call 3.30pm
- Driving to first call and from last call is classed as personal time not work time.
- Complete admin work once home for at least an hour.
- Little management support
- No overtime paid but questioned if not enough hours are logged.
Pros
Fuel Card
Cons
Poor training & communication.
Fun, decent basic but no commission or incentives
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottish Borders8 August 2018
A good company to work for in terms of the role and the tools they give you to do the job, the wage is not the greatest and there is no incentives for you to strive to earn extra income. Progress through the ranks seems difficult as seems to be very much a clique atmosphere and it’s who you know not what you know or achieve. Call files get changed very often meaning it’s difficult to build customer relationships
Pros
£3.50 lunch allowance, company car is decent spec
Cons
No bonus/incentives, long hours, constant change of focus and call files
you get out what you put in
Territory manager (Former Employee) –  south england22 July 2018
i found mccurrach to be a capable employer/
the personal rewards are all based on your own work rate.
management wise its all dependent on who you get as a line manager, some are better than others
the vehicles you are provided are black boxed/ tracked even at weekends nd is accessible by management so they can see what you are doing at weekends.
bonus', if applicable are so tight, its not even worth the effort to go for them. i was number 1 in one incentive and wasnt paid it after i left due to reduncancy.
Pros
mon-friday 8-5, £3 per day food allowance
Cons
tracked cars, poor pay for hours at start, managers are hit and miss
PART time business trainee and per time work
Retail Assistant and Product Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire23 June 2018
A premium, luxury product, with a world class brand name, owned and produced by ethically and socially responsibilities company, ben & jerry ice cream.
Selling at world famous resort island of thorpe park. The experience was once in a live time.
Cons
Working when everyone else is playing
Stable But Unfair Salary
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland18 April 2018
I have worked for Mc Currach many years, have worked in most of the principle accounts.
The culture is great, it does depend on the line manager you get.
I have done the MAP course and passed.
There is so Many DSM already in the business so when a principle changes these have to be re-deployed, so there is no future prospects.
My biggest gripe is the disparity within teams when it comes to salaries. You can be doing the same job and achieving all KPI and targets but you find someone in the same team on more and who is newer than yourself.

If you can get by on low salary then this is company for you..

I have enjoyed my time there,
Pros
Car, Lunch Allowance, Work Life Balance
Cons
Telematics, Salary, No Prospects for progression.
Overall miss represented
Brand ambassador (Current Employee) –  London30 December 2017
Mccurrach Job advert was very appealing for flexibility and pay, however they were often understaffed and staff were made to do more shifts/ hours then scheduled. Expenses for travel were misrepresented. Extra roles that you were tasked with didn't offer any form of bonus. Pay was very complicated, irregular and I am still waiting to be paid up to date.
3 January 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I would be keen to discuss your concerns detailed below at your earliest convenience as I suspect you may have left this review on the wrong company page (for example majority of our colleagues are supplied with company vehicles & fuel cards and are paid via a monthly salary).

Please contact me directly and we can discuss in more detail,

Kind Regards

Laura Farrell
Recruitment Manager - McCurrach
l.farrell@mccurrach.co.uk

A fantastic, energy driven and highly motivated company to deal with
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Northern Ireland12 December 2017
McCurrach UK give me the opportunity to do what I do best. I am a highly motivated and focused individual. I enjoy nothing more than getting out on the road and meeting/dealing with customers new and old. I am passionate about building long term relationships with decision makers and McCurrach UK as a company have given me their full support and encouragement from day one. Everyday is a learning day and the knowledge and experience gained from working with McCurrach UK in my opinion is second to none. The management structures that I have experienced are both well rehearsed and fruitful. The most difficult part of the job is the amount of hours driving. The most enjoyable part of any day are the wins. Sales is all about relationships and at the end of the day that is the McCurrach philosophy.
flexible working
territory manager (Current Employee) –  Devon6 November 2017
visiting customers on a journey plan basis. the staff [ management are all very friendly and professional. you are issued with all the tools to do a thorough job. the only frustration is that frequently the KDM, buyer is not around .
Pros
not too stressed
Cons
salary not wonderful
Forward thinking and active workplace
Microsoft Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Midlands25 October 2017
Have enjoyed my time working for McCurrach over the last 2 years. I’ve been continually pushed to further myself in my role and expanding my knowledge
Pros
Great Community
A secure company to work for...
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow27 September 2017
With working with McCurach for a year and a half it was always intended and known that the shelf life of the job is 15 months. I really enjoyed the training and the benefits they provide. I left for reasons of starting my own business and had to relocate.

If you are looking for sales progression this company is very ideal.
Pros
company car, very cheap milage and extencive training, manage your own time.
Cons
A repeptative target. lonley enviornment.
Quality Staff at Cheap Rates (Business Model)
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow18 August 2017
The Company has built huge success on the above business model.

It will continue to flourish at the expense of the 'rank and file' personnel, senior management receive all the bonuses and that is the format of McCurrach.

I applied for a role and was successfully invited for an interview, job offer - declined.

There is a 'conveyor belt' mentality with positions and very much a 'Numbers Game'.

The nonsense about building your CV working with huge brands does not open any other doors in fact, it closes many more!

This company will continue to use extremely capable individuals until they are burnt out or of no further use.

STEER CLEAR!!!
Pros
Working with brand names
Cons
Poor pay, long hours
22 August 2017

Thank you for your review and your contribution during your time at McCurrach.

I am sorry to hear about your experience with McCurrach and I wanted to respond to the points raised above:

We work very closely with our colleagues to encourage feedback and our most recent annual engagement survey has told us we are doing a lot right, so when we receive feedback to the contrary we want to find out more to find out more. For example, in our recent survey in April 2017, 7 out of 10 colleagues said they would recommend McCurrach to their friends and family, and 3 out of 4 people said that they had a good work-life balance with us. In addition, we have introduced family-friendly working hours to many of our field roles this year, with flexible start and finish times to suit individual’s lifestyle.

If you would like to give us some additional feedback on your experience we would welcome the opportunity to find out more about the specifics of your comments to allow us to make improvements where possible. You can contact a member of the HR team via email: hrsharedservice@mccurrach.co.uk to discuss in more detail.

Thank you again for taking the time to review the business,

Nicky O'Brien
Head of HR

Intense but fast paced
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire8 August 2017
Work is face paced but the company provide a great platform and relevant courses. Management are very supportive and try to ensure a fun culture in difficult time. The hardest part of the job is keeping on top of the growing work load and as a 3rd party treating every client as a priority.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Long Hours
Great organisation; lot of opportunities to improve
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  London17 July 2017
Great place to pick up skills, good experience across the DSM level, good benefits, has the rite clients.

Could improve salary packages & growth opportunities which would take the organisation to the next level
Pros
Work, security, culture, options
Cons
Pay, team
Good company to work for .
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands21 June 2017
I enjoyed my time when I first Joined the company as a Territory Manager. The work type was clear what Had be done ! I was awared bonus and awards during the time on this team.
Then moved to Foodservice division completely opposite from the Territory Manager role. Poor support from team leader. to name one issue .
Pros
independence in the role
Cons
Unnecessary complicated
30 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review and I am delighted that you enjoyed much of your time at McCurrach.

I was sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy the switch to our foodservice division. As we represent a variety of different brands across our various divisions, sometimes there is a need for slight differences in our service approach from team to team, however we always strive to ensure that our core vision and values are shared across all our teams.

If you would like to give us some additional feedback on your experience on this division, we would welcome the opportunity to find out more to allow us to make improvements where possible. You can contact a member of the HR team via email on hrsharedservice@mccurrach.co.uk to discuss in more detail.

Thank you again for taking the time to review the business and we will build your feedback into the broader range of feedback we complete on the business.

Adrian Hussey
People & Capability Director

Great Ethics - Poor Execution
Divisional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  North East13 June 2017
Working at McCurrach for several years and have seen some really good times and some not so good times....

Management structure within my account was very long in the tooth, unable to adapt and change their ways of working, manipulated their role to their own needs rather than the teams.

A number of 'Senior' management within my account were incredibly unprofessional and some would say in certain circumstances 'Bullies'. Unfortunately their line manager allowed these actions to go unpunished.

Shame as like the title says, Great company ethics but poor execution.
26 June 2017

Thank you for your review and your contribution during your time at McCurrach. We are delighted that you shared good times at McCurrach and that you recognise the strong values and ethics of our business.

I wanted to respond personally in relation to a couple of the issues you raised:

We believe in the positive impact of a strong culture which promotes collaboration so we take bullying very seriously at McCurrach and have strong internal processes for managing any issues raised. We are keen to investigate the concerns you have raised so would be grateful if you could give us a call on 0141 248 7596 and ask to speak to either Adrian Hussey, or a member of our HR team about your experience.

At McCurrach we are proud of our ability to grow our own talent and over 75% of the management team is internally promoted. This is not a static picture however, and in the last year we have promoted over 55 people into new roles bringing fresh talent and ideas into our management team. We are always looking at the mix of our teams at every level and discussing how we can make those teams even stronger through training and coaching. Our colleagues tell us in our annual engagement survey that we are doing a lot right in this area, though we know there is always room for improvement so always welcome feedback.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide feedback and being part of the McCurrach journey.

Adrian Hussey,
People & Capability Director

McCurrach
Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) –  West Midlands and the West8 May 2017
Okay company just not the right job for my career, i found that after the interview the job wasn't what i thought it would be and there wasn't the support I was told about in the interview.
The did pay 4% pension contributions however this is now 3% to save on costs
not the worst but far from the best
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland27 April 2017
was ok for starter job, pay is low, staff can be an issue a lot of the time, contracts renew a lot so face redundancy often. not really a place id go back but give it a go.
pro
con
Retail sector without the weekend
Operations Executive (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom18 April 2017
A great place for a stepping stone in your career but not good for pay and benefits and a poor culture for progressing talent. The responsibility payment of 10% for stepping up a level isn't sufficient for the increase in work load and responsibility
Pros
the hours
Cons
progression
Great Company
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Essex6 April 2017
Great Company to work for. Training provided excellent. Progression can be achieved. Clarity with the client you represent. Just Wish it was better paid
Pros
training management
Cons
pay
great atmosphere and work life balance
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  North London7 February 2017
Not the most challenging of positions I have held. Little sales, more compliance.
Perks of the job such as car and the ability to start extra early and finish early without having to do any extra work or hours would be an advantage.
Pros
lunch allowance
Cons
low paid position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McCurrach. Our community is ready to answer.

McCurrach Reviews by Location