Mutual respect does not exist
Appalling company to work for, training is a joke and supporting staff is nonexistent. Spent several months as a supervisor running a store with post office counter, singled crewed. (7 days a week/14 hours a day) refused paternity leave and time off for ante-natel appointments.
Fast paced work with little help. Not enough staff. Staff that are there need to realise that are not all managers as they seem to think.
Treat staff like something you accidentally step in on the pavement
Very focused and formal, the environment is clean and the shelves are tidy, customer service is always on point at McColl's.
Terrible you csn never get im touch with area managers
Started as a sales assistant then progressed to running the post office with half a day of training or wages would come in on days off and got no thankd from the company and was not even paid .
I had a interview as a Post Office Manager and had to chase the Area Manager for a response to see if I got the job it then took her three days to send all my paperwork over to start training on Monday, I turned up at the Post Office to do my training and after 90min got a call from Area Manager to say that they could not log me on to the PO system and I needed to go home and go to a new location next day for Training, I sent her an email and text to confirm that as I had turned up ready and willing to work can she confirm that I would be paid, I got no response so today I decided not to proceed with the Job, if they treat staff like this at the start the only way that goes is down hill and not for me.
Newsagent - selling newspapers, magazines and general food
Fear. The area managers act scared of the regional manager and expect you to be too. If you're the type of person that treats people as they come, this isn't the place for you. They want brown nosers and yes men to just keep the store stocked and clean. Your suggestions for improvement are ignored. Your requests for help are ignored.
- Does McColl's require pre-employment background checks? What kind of background check does McColl's …18 people answered
- How should you prepare for an interview at McColl's Retail Group?17 people answered
- How are the working hours at McColl's Retail Group?15 people answered
- What questions did they ask during your interview at McColl's Retail Group?14 people answered
- What is the interview process like at McColl's Retail Group?14 people answered
- Where is McColl's located?12 people answered
- What should you wear to an interview at McColl's Retail Group?12 people answered
- How did you feel about telling people you worked at McColl's Retail Group?10 people answered
- How do you feel about going to work at McColl's Retail Group each day?9 people answered
- What would you suggest McColl's Retail Group management do to prevent others from leaving?9 people answered