McCain Foods USA Employee Reviews

Not a fun place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Grantham, Lincolnshire22 November 2018
Everything was OK at first as it always is with a new job . However be cautious some of the foreign staff there like to get you to do the jobs they don't want to do and verbally abuse you when they think you can't hear them .
Pros
Its money
Cons
Long shifts
unpleasant culture
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  London6 July 2018
my manager made derogatory personal remarks about me inform of my colleagues, including more senior staff - there was no reprimand of this. Bad pay for london job
a good place to work
storeman team leader (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull4 July 2018
a typical day would never be the same, I have learn alot from my place of work the level 4 food hygiene course being the hardest course I have ever done and the most enjoyable
Great company
HR (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, North Yorkshire4 May 2018
Worked here for 10 years, fantastic company with lots of progression opportunities, great staff, salary and benefits.
Couldn't recommend a career with McCain enough.
Pros
Salary, benefits, pension, staff
Cons
Non
Enjoyed my time working there
NIGHT SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Skelmersdale, Lancashire22 March 2018
At the start of my time at McCain Foods, I was a machine operator, and worked my way up to being night shift supervisor. Being in charge of two bakery lines, with 30 staff was challenging at times but in the whole a rewarding position.
Pros
No. hours available, Job support.
Communications Administrator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough2 July 2017
Enjoyable place to work. Nice working environment, good team. Lots to get involved with in and out of work. Incentives and discounts on McCain products
Strict
Operator (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, North Yorkshire11 March 2017
Was a very enjoyable place to work once upon a time.
New management has changed that with strict working policies long hours and high expectations when treating workers like dirt.
Pros
Good wage, plenty of overtime
Cons
Long hours, poor managment
fantastic benefits
Area Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, North Yorkshire26 January 2017
The shift pattern is not for everyone because of the long hours and covering others on holiday or sickness which is the norm, which is the hardest part of the job.
Pros
excellent pension
Cons
no progression
workers review
Packer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough21 November 2016
packing goods to go to the stores, what i have learned is that you have to be quite quick when packing the boxes. the management was very nice and efficient and was very fair. my co workers were very nice and worked well with me and others in the group. the hardest part of the job was that you had to be really quick to pack the boxes and if you didnt you would of had to work extra to make up the time. the most enjoyable thing about working tis job was that we worked hard and got money at the end of the time.
Pros
money off foods in the mccains store
Cons
work hard to get my goals
Hand packer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough8 November 2016
working 12 hours day shifts nights shifts i learned how to motive a team work individual making decision on time for the benefit of my company most enjoyable part of the job is develop people and keep learning all the time
Pros
3 breaks all pay
Cons
12 hours
Good Experaince in working as a employee
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Peterborough19 September 2016
Learnt a lot about the food industry and how the company manufacture the products from potatoes in to the final product of Chips, potato wedges, Mc Fries for KFC and Mc Donald's, and JD Wetherspoons. friendly and helpful charge hands that would do anything for you if you had a problem at work. including shift mangers and co-Workers. The Hardest part of the job was the shifts as there 12 hours with Only a few days off between shifts of two day shifts and two night shifts.
Pros
Good Wage Packet
Cons
Long Shifts.
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull26 August 2016
Opportunities to learn and progress, great maintenance team, overall good atmosphere and attractive salary.

Served my apprenticeship with the company and now working towards gaining more experience on the site.
productive and fun workplace
Hygiene operative night shift worker (Former Employee) –  Hull City Centre27 January 2016
It was hard work, but I survived it.jjdbsjdbshjdbshbdshbdsjhbhdbdhjbadhjabsdhjsbahjbdshjdbsajhsnsnsnsnnsnsnfhfjsjdhbhehwbhbwrbhbrthbthebajbacjd.
Work with nice people on a daily basis
HR & Training Administrator (Current Employee) –  Whittlesey, Peterborough20 January 2016
A varied position with a need for organisation, flexibility and attention to detail. Communicating with all levels of people both internal and external.
Pros
Good Benefits - Pension/Christmas Gift
Cons
Low wage in relation to responsibilty involved
Its a good place to work and it has its benefits working there.
Production Operative (Current Employee) –  Wombourn, ENG28 December 2015
McCain is a great place to work it has a fantastic bunch of people to work with. Also has a great number of good benefits while working there. Only down fall is the shifts there long 12 hour shifts and it is days and night can tier you out over time. The 5 years i have worked there i have learned so much about how food processing is done and a number of skills picked up along the way. There isn't really a hard job to do there its all basic and straight forward after you learn the rolls, the most important part of the jobs are the responsibility not only for your job but for the public.
Cons
Long hours, shifts (days and nights)
Typical working day.
Senior Doughman (Former Employee) –  Prepared Foods.3 September 2015
Keeping supplies topped up while making mixes back to back ( originally a 2 man job ) on your own created a highly stressful working environment. Working with a product that should be kept cool in a room with a temperature over 20 degrees didn't help.
Pros
A lot of the staff were good to work with.
Cons
Management took none or very little responsibility for the production problems.
A changing market place
Retail State Field Manager Queensland (Current Employee) –  Aust, ENG6 May 2014
McCain have currently out-sourced it's retail merchandising.
A very productive company
Machine Operative / Leading Hand (Former Employee) –  Hull19 June 2013
In all the years I worked for McCains i feel they were a productive company and i enjoyed my time working there.
Engineeri
Maintenance Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Wombourn, ENG16 June 2013
I am responsible for Maintenance Engineering and Production improvement projects across the Wombourne site, including…
- Managing the Maintenance Engineering department (30 Supervisors & Engineers),
- Controlling Engineering revenue budgets totalling £1.2m,
- Creating, justifying and implementing Engineering productivity improvements and cost saving projects,
- Responsibility for improving Engineering uptime (greater than 97%),
- Ensuring the Engineering department complies with all current food hygiene requirements and involvement with external food hygiene auditors, and;
- Liasing with Central Engineering and other McCain sites on engineering issues.
Productive workplace
Production manager (Current Employee) –  Scarborough17 July 2012
Excellent, good job.
Helped me gain qualifications and training, all staff are friendly and are a joy to work with.