McDonald's Employee Reviews for Team Trainer

Unfair
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Erdington, West Midlands17 May 2018
When we were a company store it was the best place to work. Since going franchise none of the managers know what they are doing and are not allowing for training the new crew. There is also one rule for one and one for another.

After 5 years at mcdonalds, I did learn some important life skills that are transferable to any job. This job gave me the confidence in building myself as a person.
Pros
Free meals on shift, employee discounts
Cons
unfair
What I have learned
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Royston4 May 2018
Mcdonald's is a great place to work. This being my first job enhanced my confidence and my ability to communicate. It also helped to improve my team working skills.
Poor wages
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Coatbridge2 May 2018
Managed very poorly, no attention paid to personal holidays and availability. Pay is less than adequate for the job. A good point would have to be the shift patterns.
Pros
Free meal, experience
Cons
Poor wages, bad management
Sociable workplace
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Watchfield, Oxfordshire30 April 2018
Really nice atmosphere to work in great company great ways to advance within it too! You have new customers every day and everyone is always keen to learn new things.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Late finishes
Its a very fun place to work, people always smiling!
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire30 April 2018
McDonald's is a great place to work if your in university or college, or if your looking for a new job in general. Everyone there is always smiling, a typical day there its normally busy all the time. I have learnt about customer service and how to deal with different complaints. The management there is good. The hardest part about the job is learning everything all at once. When you first start, it can be overwhelming and a bit confusing. The most enjoyable part of this jobs is communicating with the customers.
Pros
Free food on your break
Cons
The flexibility
good
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Burnley, Lancashire29 April 2018
really enjoyed my time at mcdonalds I made some really good friends. learnt some very important transferable skills that I will need for life. get free food
Fun but tiring place to work
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside25 April 2018
A typical day at work could not be written as each day is different. It's either really busy or really quiet there is never an in between. You haven't got set lunches so it's only when it is quiet that you are able to get one.
Pros
Higher pay rate than minimum wage
Cons
Long and tiring hours
fun enviroment
Crew Trainer/Trainee Manager (Current Employee) –  East Croydon Station, Greater London25 April 2018
i enjoyed meeting new people staff are great its a great place to work but no full training is given managers are to busy meeting targets on paper to worry about who is actually trained.
made some great friends
Crew trainer/ team leader (Current Employee) –  eureka park24 April 2018
its a very good place to work if you're in education as it offers very flexible hours. it is a very stressful environment and arguments break out all the time
Pros
free lunches and great friendship
Cons
very stressful and arguments
Good for learning, terrible for pay/life balance
Crew Member promoted to Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  London24 April 2018
Whilst this company taught me so much, the pay is awful and all management seem to be running on a power trip, not sure what they are trying to prove? Basically what you would expect working at Mceonalds. You were also expected to stay after every shift despite your finishing time which was frustrating.
Pros
Good learnings oppurtinitys
Cons
Poor pay, long hours
Great team to work with
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Greenock, Inverclyde23 April 2018
My experience of McDonald's can only be defined by the people I've met through it.

The work may not be all that great but you meet life-long friends.
Pros
Long breaks, Free meals, Flexible availability
Cons
Unsociable hours
Good
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands20 April 2018
It's a good workplace to start the career with. I used to serve the customers, takes orders, monitor the teams improvement, clean as you go and son on.
Pros
It gives you a career path
Cons
Too much stress and less benefits
working for mcdonalds
Crew Trainer (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Coventry20 April 2018
working on tills
serving customers
stocking and filling stocks
working through training log and plan training

the hardest part of the job is not being able to sit down during the shift. having to be on your feet the whole shift while clocked in.
Pros
flexible
Cons
lack of rotation
Good for first job
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk16 April 2018
Not a bad place to work for a first job and enjoyable working environment team work can be an issue at times but if you try the shift will got quick and the pay is good at the moment
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Bad management
Do not work here
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Preston16 April 2018
After working here for over 3 years I have had no choice but to hand my resignation in due to the poor management. I was never late, always flexible and always a hard worker. However that goes out the window when someone falsely accuses you of bullying.
If you're someone with half a brain, you're too smart to work for McDonald's.
Pros
Free food on break
Cons
Poor discipline, poor management, no way of promotion, poor disciplinary process
Busy workplace
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Rugeley15 April 2018
Good company to work for just a shame that the franchises pay less than minimum wage theN McDonald’s them self but great job prospects and opportunities and are a very flexible company
Pros
Free food
Cons
Pay
Horrid
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Redditch13 April 2018
Its a very hit or miss place to work. Some people love it but i hated it. Management were shocking as they would demotivate you and put you down every chance you got. As a hard working employee like myself this made me want to leave every chance I got and eventually did.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long Hours
Good first job
Crew trainer (Former Employee) –  Dereham, Norfolk29 March 2018
Overall Mac Donalds was a good first job, yes it had it's pros like great workforce and really good co work as. Although there were a lot of problems both with workers and customers.
Pros
Free meal on shift
Cons
Lots of work place disbutes
Good starting job
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Folkestone, Kent28 March 2018
As a first job this is a great place to start as you get generally good training depending on which store you go to. Shift patterns are always dodgy however, as a full time worker you'll likely end up doing three days of early shifts (6am starts) straight onto two night shifts and vice versa. but you get unlimited unpaid leave and decent holiday pay, free food and the wage isn't terrible, plus the management training is incredible if you get that far and want to improve your cv
Pros
free food, very sociable, good holiday
Cons
shift pattern, shift lengths
Productive and happy environment
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Colchester27 March 2018
A typical day at work can either consist of dealing with many customers and delivering a great customer experience, or working in the kitchen and learning all about the products McDonalds as a company sells.
I have learned many things working at McDonalds. One of these include how to work as a team. This is very important as it's impossible to work a station on your own, putting your trust in your fellow peers really helps to keep the restaurant flowing and can also enable you to develop work relationships with the people around you. I have also learnt the value of money. Being able to earn my own money really helps me to think about how I will use this to benefit my future.
Personally, I think the management within the company I well structured and clear. Managers are always on site to help where needed and are extremely approachable.
The hardest part of the job is the variety in shifts I am given. Some weeks I can be very tired as I may be on early shifts after doing a week of late shifts, however this does help me to deal with working in different times during the day and how to cope when the restaurant gets busy.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with. I socialise outside of work with them and have made some friends for life.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Varied Shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

530.5K