McDonald's Employee Reviews for Team Trainer

workplace
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  longwater12 August 2018
mcdonalds is a place to go to work and get paid there is not a lot more to say its burgers and fries do not expect a longtime career that will reward you greatly
professional growth
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands8 August 2018
It is a fun work environment and plenty of room to improve and develop yourself. Plenty of support from higher up and good notice on shifts to plan personal vents.
Good workplace
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Towcester, Northamptonshire7 August 2018
Good place to wor, everyone works together to get the job done and the training you get is outstanding. Its a great place to help with confriendence and gives you great work life experience . Good shifts. Great mangers.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
The job was beneficial and flexible around hours and holidays etc.
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chippenham, Wiltshire7 August 2018
The employers were really understanding, lenient and down to earth. You were also entitled to free meals on break. As far as days off, sickness and personal issues go they are also understanding in that area too.
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Bishopbriggs6 August 2018
A typical day at McDonalds is stressful especially at the weekend however it makes it a fun environment when you get on with colleagues that I am surrounded by as we all work as a team.
Pros
The workplace coulture
Cons
Demands on a day-to-day basis
Very vibrant work place
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Waltham Abbey3 August 2018
I was usueful in many areas so that when I started I could be put anywhere such as the front serving customers or the drive-thru. I was also be working in the kitchen cooking the food at a quick and golden standard. As a crew trainer I would be required to train the fellow crew members and also take a leading role. The management were friendly and you could even see them as friends. The job in itself was quite busy which meant we were under pressure at times so it could be difficult at times nut would still be quite enjoyable when working together as a team.
Pros
free lunch, very flexible
Cons
Overwhelming at times
Good Workplace
Crew trainer (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames24 July 2018
I learned how to deal with issue, talking to customers and also helping to work within a team under pressure.

I enjoyed the environment when i was working there and the fact they gave me lots of opportunities to learn and push myself.
Team work is the key
Crew trainer (Current Employee) –  Peckham, Greater London22 July 2018
Going above and beyond extra care in giving the best customer satisfaction and ensuring they get the best experience. In most cases you run into situations where customers are actually at fault but you try as much as possible to make them feel it's alright to make mistakes and still try to put a smile o their face.
Fast paced and easy hours.
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire20 July 2018
Overall good for people just out of school or college looking for some quick money. It can be a very stressful enviremonent for younger people who aren’t used to it. Some of the managers aren’t the best but you always meet new people and it’s a great opportunity for someone needing a job fast.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Shifts can be long and sometimes back to back.
Terrible towards staff
Crew trainer (Current Employee) –  Worksop, Nottinghamshire20 July 2018
When I first started working at McDonald’s I was getting good training and able to work well with the staff after a while the management changed and ruined how the place worked making it a unfriendly environment and more like we was all been controlled and wasn’t allowed friends from work.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Negative environment
Enjoyable and educational experience
Crew Trainer/Trainee Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 July 2018
I would say that working for McDonald's is a very big plus for your CV. You will gain knowledge and skills for a lifetime.
There are busy periods in which the teamwork is crucial. If there is a lack of teamwork and experience crew the job can be very hard and stressful. But this is the reason why training is provided all the time.
Most of the crew a re friendly and positive people and it is a joy to work with them and to have fun while doing our best to satisfy our customers
Pros
Free lunch, discount card, flexible hours
Cons
busy envirement
Never again
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire18 July 2018
The expecations that you are given surpass the pay. The fact you get paid minimum wage to be treated disgustingly by the customers and some management is ridiculous. Its a great entry job for sure but used as a stepping sotne early. A career in McDonalds is never advised.
not great
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Lincoln15 July 2018
don't like it. simply not a nice place to work. management does not care about employees and there are no hours yet they keep hiring more people. work is not recognised.
A nice job especially for first time workers
Crew Member/Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Essex9 July 2018
Sure its not the most glam fantastic job in the world but it can be if you like to learn new things. The promotional side of the job can be endless :)
Pros
Free lunch, discounts and your co-workers
Cons
Long hours and sometimes rude, bossy managers
productive
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Swinton, Greater Manchester7 July 2018
fun to work at managers treat you well get along with other staff members. little room to grow career but overall alright to work at for a young age group.
Cons
poor treatment. lack of room to grow
Good For Flexible Hours
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Canklow6 July 2018
I worked at McDonald's for four years 3 as crew and 1 as a crew trainer. A typical shift can be 6-9 hours with a break entitlement which includes a meal. The workplace runs like clockwork and there is always something that needs stocking or cleaning. There are morning, afternoon and night shifts all with specific tasks that needs completing for the next take over of staff. Its great for students who need flexible hours or weekend work and usually you are with a great set of people who come from all background. A lot of people have misunderstood views of working at McDonalds but for my first job it gave me the skills to get another job after. Management come and go yearly and there is a lot of swapping of colleagues from store to store with the opportunity to transfer. Store owned is much better than being owned by a franchise as a franchise owner can have different views to the companies owned views which can be difficult. Rotas are aimed to be sent out weekly however sometimes not a lot of notice is given, but you can swap shifts online.
Pros
Free Food, Discount in store & Other companies
Cons
Long Hours, Franchise owners, Night Shifts, Rotas
Horrible
employee crew trainer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands5 July 2018
Working for mcdonalds for five years was ok at best. To many rude disrespectful customers and management always expected to much from you. the way the management won't allow you to take your scheduled break is horrible. The injury risks of the job are high especially with burns. And management wouldn't allow you to apply cold water to the burn due to customer demands.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
never knew when lunch was going to be given.
So/so
Supervisor/Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth4 July 2018
I like the employees, but not the job.
Very busy peak hours.
After being promoted, I have been given less hours because the company cannot afford to pay me my salary.
There is no contracted hours, it is all 0 hours
Pros
Employees
Cons
Not enough hours, poor management
Poor wages and conditions but great people
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Braintree, Essex4 July 2018
The job is ideal for school leavers as there are a large number of young adults who work in this industry. The money was not good, neither were the working conditions (especially in the summer period). However colleagues get you through the shifts and make it worth while.
Alright Place to work
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  South Yorkshire4 July 2018
Good staff but culture is a bit lazy. Salary is better the higher you move up but it is hard to progress when you first start. It took me over a year to get up a level.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

533.6K