McDonald's Employee Reviews for Team Trainer

One giant clique
Crew trainer (Former Employee) –  Pembrokeshire13 October 2018
Unless you are a stereotypical jock or pretty girl you don't want a change at promotion, a good balance on work and personal life or any good shifts.
They would rather force you out of a job than help you with availability.
Very long work hours where you may not get a break whilst the business manager does nothing but sit in the office on her phone all day, watching you struggle.
Don't care about physical or mental health issues.
Obvious favouritism
Pros
Free food on break
Cons
Long hours, no appreciation
McDonald's has impacted my life significantly.
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Marks Gate, Greater London11 October 2018
I have been employed by the McDonald's franchise owned by John Loizou for roughly three-and-a-half years now, and although the first year it was fairly difficult to adapt, I feel that I have excelled many skills consisting of; hardworking, team working, team building, time management, employee relations and many more. As well as, making countless friends across the years I've been there, of course McDonald's is not everybody's cup of tea, sure. Although, it is a life-changing experience and I will never forget my time there.
Pros
Friendly environment, Flexible hours, Promotion opportunities, Free Lunches
Cons
Salary, Break allowances, unfriendly customers
Great place to work while a student
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Manchester9 October 2018
Great place to work while a student as it is flexible laid back and there are many people who work there. Do not regret working here at all however it is hard work and can be time consuming.
good plac
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Farnborough, Berkshire7 October 2018
use to be a good place.do't know now. how its culture is there.
if you are good speaker and have a good knowledge of English speaking and writing. you have future
second if you are Nepali definitely you have future.
Easy place to work at
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Maidstone5 October 2018
You learn and develop a lot of key soft skills here and learn the importance of management, customer service and quality control. Great for a first job.
Not for everyone
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset2 October 2018
It is a pretty bad place to work. But if you need flexible hours and decent pay then its okay. Just don't expect to be allowed to change your availability, they hate that. Especially if you can no longer work a day on the weekend due to childcare etc. It is good for students as they let you move around stores for term time. Working conditions can be bad. Sometimes crew go longer than 6 hours without a break due to shortage of staff. And customers can be pretty horrid too. Do not recommend if you have health conditions - as it is very exhausting to work here and anyone's health would deteriorate.
Good
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Torquay, Devon1 October 2018
Good place to express your skills and learn some new things and improve yourself. you will really good environment to work and everyone treat you well
good place to work while studdying
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Romford1 October 2018
good discounts
pension scheme
good training
Christmas parties are lit
Pros
free food
Fun workplace but stressful
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Reading28 September 2018
Nope, this is a job only for people who just need part time job, as they don't give you 40 "hours per week, and you xcan really meet so nice people there
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Treat you like a robot
Fun workplace
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Manchester26 September 2018
You have to have thick skin to work here dealing with the general public as the staff get abused by customers. You have to be quick on your feet and be able to multi-task as on many occasions I worked shifts where we were short staffed and had to do many things at once - including running front counter and drive through collections at the same time.
The staff are a good bunch of people and you do make good friends, but the staff turnover is ridiculous, many people start and only last a week. Most of the staff are made up of students so you can imagine new faces turning up on your shift regularly.
Don't expect it to be an easy job, it isn't. It is labour intensive and you are expected to work hard on shifts especially on clean downs.
Pros
Free Lunches, Flexibility, Managing your own shift pattern
Cons
Long Hours, Hard labour

Want to know more about McDonald's?

Ask a question
Fun, good opurtunities
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Reading24 September 2018
McDonalds was a very fun experience and I would not hesitate to work for them again. I was given many opportunities and I learned a lot from them. I was trained in all areas and I became a Crew Trainer, I enjoyed the responsibilities and tasks I had to complete.
Never hesitate to ask to learn more and put yourself out there as good things will come back to you. Your hard work will always be noticed and you receive feedback in personal reviews which gives you notes on what to improve and there is always constructive feedback for everyone but that is a good thing so you can allow yourself to become the best you can be!
Pros
Free lunch, flexible hours, good team
Cons
Zero hour contract
very faced paced
Crew member / Crew trainer (Former Employee) –  Kent19 September 2018
Working at McDonalds is a ideal first job, especially part time as perfect to come back to uni to.
pay is ok, you get 2 employee meals when out of work
1 free meal on shift.
, It is very faced paced at certain stores..
you now also have the option of contracted guaranteed hours which is perfect for family life.

working at McDonalds will teach you a lot about people and how staff are treated...
customers more so, can be times where you are shouted abuse at ect..
you could also be doing lots of different jobs at once so you must need to be able to multi task.

- not enough experience staff can result in the more experienced staff suffering.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long shifts- un paid breaks
Secure work place
Crew Trainer - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Livingston14 September 2018
Management isn't the best. You aren't;t treated very well by those above you, however, your colleagues make it an easier place to work. I'm not disappointed by my job here, however, I wouldn't choose it again.
Lack of progress.
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Sittingbourne13 September 2018
My time at this job had strongly been based on the promotion i had been given shortly into my position. However, lack of progress followed after this despite a keen interest in more managers and my desire to be one.
Pros
Free Lunches.
Cons
Managers don't get paid enough to care about you.
Fun and enjoyable at times
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Calcot, Berkshire12 September 2018
The job can be very challenging at times working under pressure in a fast paced environment. My colleagues were the best and they helped me get through the hard rough times in and out of the workplace. If it wasn't for them I would've left a year ago. The hours were so useful as it meant I could work after college allowing me to have a high level of income at the age of 16/17 years old.
Pros
Free lunch, flexible hours
Cons
Stressful preasurising shifts
good
Crew trainer (Former Employee) –  Wigan Central12 September 2018
nice place to work - can meet some great friends and build good relationships with customers. always bus routes to most stores and wage can get you buy
Pros
free food
Cons
bad managment
Productive and fun workplace
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Warrington11 September 2018
All staff members are motivated and willing to help train employees and provide a high standard of customer service. Working for this company gave me a brilliant experience in customer service
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Long hours and late finishes
Fast Pace enviroment.
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 September 2018
This was one of the first hands on job that I ever did. Great customer service was essential in the role and ability to work under pressure. The issue I had working here was that they were always short staffed and we were stretched thin when it came to staff. So I was constantly overworked for little pay. The management never valued the staff's opinion and I always felt like I was walking on egg shells.
worst job I've ever had
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Eastleigh, Hampshire5 September 2018
a typical day would be going to work and clocking in and then i would be told my posision for the day ands then i would go and work that station and then talk to my manager if any problems
Pros
free
Cons
bad management
Good friends
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Amesbury5 September 2018
Great place to work when you're young and a great opportunity to get a taste of a working environment and to make friends whilst doing so. Perfect for first Part time iobs
Pros
Free break foods and discounts.
Cons
Dealing with difficult customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

535K