McDonald's Employee Reviews for Team Trainer

fun and friendly good start
Crew Trainer/Member (Former Employee) –  Leighton Buzzard16 February 2018
i enjoyed my time at Mcdonalds you are constantly learning and oppurtunities for advancement are always there and present development of skills is fantastic
Decent
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire15 February 2018
It is a tough environment to work in however, you learn to love your co workers... you will have good days and bad days but theres always those there to help you through it
There is always the opportunity to work your way up in the company
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Hornchurch, Greater London, lakeside12 February 2018
I have worked here for 9 years and I have worked my way up to a crew trainer. I also done the apprenticeship program that they offer and got qualifications in maths and English.
I enjoyed working as part of a team and learning new skills.
The only reason for leaving is that the store I work in, in Hornchurch has closed down and I now have to go to lakeside which is just to far for me to go as I have 2 young children at home.
Pros
Flexible working hours
fun, lazy management
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester4 February 2018
you can make a lot of friend when working here and always have fun with staff, but mangers can become lazy and make excuse to not work to there highers up so dont always work 100%. and they are understaffed so have to work harder.
Pros
free lunches, pay, holidays, work do
Cons
long hours, understaffed
Good for college
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Swaffham, Norfolk3 February 2018
You're able to adapt your work to college you are also able to book time off and holiday when you wish as long as it is 2 weeks before hand but management is poor
Pros
free lunches, time off when you like
Cons
Poor pay
McDonalds
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire31 January 2018
Great work place, very lenient and understanding. Offers a great pay rate and also many chances of progression and promotion therefore meaning a pay rise.
N/a
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bradford30 January 2018
The people are great to work with and everyday is different, you have to be on the ball as it is a very fast paced environment, overall very hard work for very low pay though.
Fun work place
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bow, Greater London27 January 2018
A typical day at work included me dealing with customers and making sure that they receive the best customer service possible, ensuring that that they get their food quickly and are satisfied with the service from myself and colleagues.

One thing which benefited me generously while working for McDonald's is that you work very closely with managers and this had a positive impact on myself as I got to learn how to deal with customers in the best possible way.

The management within this company is built very well, there is a store managers and he/she will have a team of managers, ranging from assistants to shift managers.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with frustrated customers who have been waiting a long time as it usually results in getting abused verbally by them, but the best thing to do is keep a calm mind and make sure they know that you are sorry and are doing your best to sort out the problem.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the friends you meet within the work environment and it feels like everytime you go to work, you are with your family as they make you feel very comfortable.
Pros
Free lunch and management is amazing
Cons
Pay is not the best
Overall good.
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee City27 January 2018
Great place to work, flexible availability and working hours. Worked here for three years and wss good the majority of the time. Good people and make great friends. Management can sometimes get mouthy and take advantage of authority
Pros
Free lunches, employee discount, pick your working hours
Cons
Sometimes forced to work out of available hours, managers are often just kids that don't know how to run shifts
great first job
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  East Kilbride25 January 2018
great place to work. lots of potential,good hours, great staff. if you are starting out id say its ideal, not hard work just face paced but its a fun place to work
Pros
free lunch
Great for part time
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Redditch, Worcestershire21 January 2018
Great for part time work if your are at college, money is ok potential pay rise every 6 months based on your effort at work. If full time can be hard to have a social life as shifts are routated every week
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
It’s a trap
Flexible and positive work life.
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes21 January 2018
The job allows full flexibility, enabling seasonal work where you can choose the hours and times you work.
I work there over holidays and work with a lot of people similar to myself - students.
The atmosphere is mostly positive, allowing shifts to be easier and more comfortable.
Fun staff
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Wisbech, Cambridgeshire16 January 2018
Staff have fun but management no friendly W spect far too much from a person never enough staff on s shifts I you have to work for 2/3 people lots of people always off sick
Pros
Customer
Cons
Manager
Productive and fun workplace
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Surbiton16 January 2018
All the managers are ok.
Good communication.
Very good team with fun peoples in kitchen and front.
Every problem at work will be sorted very quickly by business manangers.
fab place to start off working!
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Bradford11 January 2018
Its a great place to gain confidence, skills and knowledge about working and different traits that are required. The pay packet will reflect the work and time you are willing to put in. there is plenty of room for promotion and to make some friends for out of work also. The shift flexibility is one you will find nowhere else.
Productive and flexible
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire10 January 2018
McDonald's allows me to be able to focus on my studies by being really flexible with the hours that I am given. I am able to work extra shifts during the holidays to acquire more money but McDonald's always caters for me when I need it.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Sometimes we get sent on break an hour into the shift
Mcdonalds
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Congleton, Cheshire9 January 2018
Working for McDonalds was a great way to learn skills about cash management, food safety and customer service. It was good fun working in a large team and working together during busy periods.
management
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  orsett8 January 2018
Management can be very lazy at times and would rather just sit in the office and allow staff members to do their work. They punish you for being ill and the general manager of the store does not care how he treats you.
Very proactive and demanding but fun with flexible hours
Crew trainer (Former Employee) –  Ripon6 January 2018
This was my first job while I was at school and this was to help me earn some money. The management team was very flexible when it came to giving me working days as they knew I had school work to complete so I would highly recommend this company to anyone who wants to earn some money while they are at school or pursuing another project.

The hardest part of the job is trying to keep a clear head when things are getting stressful, it was important to knuckle down and get through it rather than complain but it still was fairly difficult. At the same time the job did have its perks as you got a free meal on your lunch break and you were able to associate with people from different backgrounds and build relationships with them.

I thought that the management team was very nice to me and they made sure I was well cared for. They helped me when I started doing my courses and tests for my promotion.

I think that this was a great place to start when it came to working life as it taught me the basics of any job which is ultimately team work, hard work and communication skills. I learnt a lot about the business itself while I was there and what they expect from their staff.
Pros
Free Lunches
a good 1st job
Crew Member/Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes5 January 2018
it is always worth working here as it is a secure and varied position that will always provide for you. joining the team is like joining a family. would go back if i could

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

527.6K