McDonald's Employee Reviews for Shift Manager

Great
SHIFT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Canterbury13 February 2018
Great place to work with loads of opportunity to grow as an individual. A very social job working along side similar-aged people, but fast paced and always presenting challenges.
Pros
Free food on shift, discounts when not working.
Cons
Shift-working can be straining.
Fast paced
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 February 2018
Fast paced environment, a lot of pressure. On a bad day a very stressful place but at the same time a fun place to work. You learn how to deal with customers and create bonds with crew and customers alike
overall good
Shift Manager/Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Kensington and Chelsea8 February 2018
I gave 3 stars because it actually depends on every store. Every store has ups and downs. It's down to your managers, colleagues and you. If you all follow correct procedures and everybody gets along, then it's good! Very flexible hours and you make friends which makes the shift easier and less stress. Growth and development is good and how quick your promotion depends on your ability/potential and the store's current need. Sometimes it's a good day, sometimes not. Some customers are rough so don't let them affect your mood. There are a lot of staff discounts to a lot of stores. Mcdonalds is strict with procedures. Some people think some procedures are pointless but you have to follow every procedure. Especially on a BSV or when the big bosses come to the store to inspect. People are scared of them because they don't know the correct procedures. Don't be scared because they do those visits to actually help the store to improve. Demonstrate the vital ingredients (behaviours to deliver great customer services) and you'll be fine. Be yourself, the workplace is diverse you meet people with different backgrounds.
Pros
free nuggets!
Cons
incompetent manager/colleagues = nightmare
Good starting point
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Midlands7 February 2018
Walk in as a 16 year old knowing nothing, show commitment and enthusiasm and walk out with world class training and people skills. Very enjoyable for a young person, they are incredibly flexible as well
Fun workplace
Shift Running Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol Temple Meads Station, Bristol7 February 2018
Great people make the job worthwhile. Fun and fast paced environment. Good opportunities for job progression, with regular pay reviews and a fair wage.
Productive and hectic
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey2 February 2018
doesnt worthworking in Macdonald's. no good benefits but too much work and stress band management. No communication system, No approval neede to any desicion
Pros
free lunch
Fun but very demanding
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire30 January 2018
It's a great place to work but the hours can be very long and hard if you work at a busy store.

Some of the managers I worked with are good and understanding but others just don't care about anything other than themselves.
Pros
Free dinner
ok bussiness
Shift manager (Former Employee) –  Carrickfergus27 January 2018
fine business to work for if you have no responsibilities such as leaving school or first job but for people with family very hard to work for as they do not take it into consideration.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
understaffed most of the time and no thanks for hard work
Don't waste your career
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Leytonstone23 January 2018
Terrible place to work. Managers don't care about the crew & customer have no respect for mcd's staffs, do not get paid enough for the amount of abuse we receive, uncomfortable uniform. If an option to work somewhere else, take the chance!
Depends on Management
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Woking, Surrey23 January 2018
When I started out there the management was amazing, I advanced from crew member to crew trainer in no time, and even started on my manager course. Then all of our upper management left and got replaced by just one guy. Ever since then the job became unnecessarily stressful, with far too much pressure on everyone to get labour down and take more and more money. I'm a uni student and only got the job to earn money to support my studies, but my BM is trying his hardest to get me to quit uni and go full-time. I would never recommend being a manager while studying because you'll have to give one of them up in the end.
Pros
If management is ok then enjoyable workplace
Cons
Far too stressful, no work-life balance
Good place to make friends
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire22 January 2018
Its a good company to work for if you have a certain availability that you need they are flexible. The pay isnt bad, you can progress your way up the management chain. People say that working in McDonalds is easy but its really not.
Busy and Challenging
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol22 January 2018
When i worked here, every day it was busy so everyone had to be on their best, especially in the weekend.
I've learn how to develop my customer skills and working under pressure, also how to lead a team effectively.
Hardest part was when people didn't show up as sometime we were tight with staff but still managed.
The most enjoyable part is the team you're making is all part of a big family.
Pros
Free lunch, cigarette break, flexible work stations
Cons
Non-set pattern shifts
Flexible and fun
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire21 January 2018
McDonald’s is a great company with many benefits.
The free food, the flexibility, the progression,
The people is the main one, you meet a wide range of amazing people who make the job worth it, you mingle with people you never thought you would and make friends for life.
It’s a great company who are forever expanding and growing as a team and family :)
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Non guaranteed hours
Fun working enviroment
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Altrincham, Greater Manchester21 January 2018
Good social place to work , always new things to be learn always help availiable when need nice and friendly people and always people going that extra mile
Pros
Free meal, always extra shifts
mixed shift,multicultural enviroment,
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Shirley, Greater London20 January 2018
a typical day in Mcdonalds is working in in a friendly environment ,teamwork, with highly motivated Shift Managers.
Mcdonald s realy helped me to develop mi skills and develop my personality .would recommend to everybody.
Pros
oportunitie to personal development
Cons
n a
good workplace
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester17 January 2018
McDonalds was a great place to work they provided everything I needed to develop my skills progress my knowledge and training was also great. management was great because you learned more business aspects of McDonalds which helps in future life.
Pros
break allowance
Cons
overnight
productive and a fun work space ..
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire16 January 2018
it paid some off the bills and it also is flexible and hour suited The work is exhausting and the shifts are so long to be constantly working in an environment that is so crowded and busy. Managers and shift managers will always look down on you and seem to think they are God’s gift to the world because they kept their job for two years and got a promotion. The pay is awful for the amount of work you have to do, and how much this job will stress you out.
fast and stressful
Customer care assistant/Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Ferndown16 January 2018
little recognition from franchisee, long hours as a manager and ALWAYS understaffed as staff turnover is majorly high. managers course is good and very helpful with regards to helping you build your confidence in a managers role to progress and move on
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hours, busy specially in school holidays, little recognition
Flexible hours & shifts
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, Cambridgeshire15 January 2018
I think its excellent to work for mcdonalds - not only do they pay well they give great flexibility to working mums, they are easy to talk to and change hours if I need too.
I can work the overnight shift which allows me extra money aswell and we regularly get pay rises during the year.
Family
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincoln12 January 2018
Working their is a lot harder then what people expect. It is a very fast passed business which involves a lot of multitasking. You can make a family out of the people you work with.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Unsociable hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

527.6K