McDonald's Employee Reviews for Shift Manager

Found 688 reviews matching the search See all 139,567 reviews
Good place to Work
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee City15 November 2018
Good place to work. No complaints about it, just not the dream job for me and it become boring overtime. I would recommend for anyone out of school or in uni
Challenging but rewarding
Shift manager (Current Employee) –  South East London, Greater London13 November 2018
Great company to work for very flexible with hours and very challenging, there are down sides to this job though hard workers dont get enough recognition or rewarded for there hard work.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Reward wrong staff
Productive and Fun
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  London7 November 2018
- the restaurant helped me gain more leadership
- good work environment
- I developed communication skills
- I learned how to manage people
- Ability to solve problems
quick and efficient work environment
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  McDonalds29 October 2018
i have learned a lot in my time with mcdonalds; these skills include communication, problem solving, prioritisation and how to take a step back in order to get a new perspective on problems. Mcdonalds is very fast paced and efficient, making every day different but always 100 miles an hour. It has taught me how to work under pressure and keep up a fast pace while providing the visit that the customers expect
Pros
free lunch
Cons
low pay
Hard work pays off
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Devon25 October 2018
In my experience with McDonald's UK, over a 5 year period I saw promotion through multiple stages, from starting as crew at 16 and currently shift manager at 21. Throughout the whole process they have always been flexible with my schedule, allowing me to focus primarily on my academics. My ability was still recognized despite me being unable to work as much as other crew, (typically a 15-20 hour work week for myself). They were always very supportive and encouraging and at 15 months of management I still believe McDonald's has a lot more to offer me.
Pros
free lunch, good work culture, flexible hours
Cons
communication can be lack
fast paced environment
Shift Management (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside21 October 2018
McDonalds is very good for recognising staff for promotion. The shifts can be adapted to work round your lifestyle.

Can have some unsociable hours as nights required.
Pros
pay
Cons
night shifts
Great place to work for students.
SHIFT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Swansea19 October 2018
I can not thank this job enough for the ability to climb the ladder easily and all whilst being part-time and completing a degree and college course previously.
Excellent work life balance, 0 hour contracts so you can work however much or little as you like.
If you commit to the job and the team then you are guaranteed to fit in well and also possibly advance within the team to a higher level.
Pros
Free food, 0 hour contract, fun work environment.
Cons
24/7 shiftwork, some days are very busy, 11 hour rest periods.
meet people
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire17 October 2018
lovely place to work to meet a variety of people, building up rapport with the local community,
will tailor your shifts to college hours or family life.
will learn from others ta work for example the cultural differences between colleagues
Pros
tailored to avalibility
Cons
type of working hours
Fun and friendly place to work
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire16 October 2018
Can always leave with a smile on your face even if it is the worst day at work as staff members always cheer you up with some silly jokes, fast paced.
Busy at all times.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 October 2018
They had a brilliant 12 step management system which cover all areas of the entire store.
Cash management which eradicate any discrepancies.
Quarterly procedures visit by regional Manager.
Pros
Free Lunch and 50% at other outlets.
Cons
Busy and long shift.
Fast pace and time preasure, but fun and enjoyable
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Belfast3 October 2018
Working here, I not only learned alot about myself but also what it takes to achieve results through hard work. Being in a fast pace store, it was vital that I could keep up with everyone else and over time I adapted and gained the ability to lead the teams I was working with. As a shift manager I was able to ensure I could manage large operational functions, ensure I could meet set shift targets and deliver expectional customer service. It was this job position that I dicovered my passion for working with the public as well as working towards something. Being a motivated individual, I gained personal achievement here by always being given constructive crisitism and always seeking opportunities to develop in the working environment. I am thankful for all that I have learned at McDonalds and know that I will take these skills with me throughout any other jon posisition I may take on in the future.
Pros
free lunch, training
Flexible but hard work
SHIFT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Walsall1 October 2018
A typical day at work is usually quite busy, McDonald's is a very popular restaurant and you are always kept on your toes either serving customers or maintaining the restaurant.

It definitely is a place you can learn a lot about what a job can be like, the commitment and responsibilities are just some parts of the realities which really makes a position at McDonald's suitable for a younger age group, in order for them to gather some experience.

Management have the responsibility of running the restaurant and keeping everything in order, sometimes this can stress them out! But they are nice, down to earth people who are very understanding.

Hardest part of the job can be the hours, they're not the typical 9-5 which can impact your social life outside of work!
Pros
Free Lunches and good workplace culture
Cons
Irregular hours
Mcdonalds Greenock Review
Shift manager (Former Employee) –  Greenock1 October 2018
Mcdonalds In Greenock was a good place to work, the staff were always friendly and polite and the managers were helpful. There was also always overtime offered at the weekends
Pros
they are very flexible with shift, weather they needed to be organised around school, college and child care
Cons
it is very busy a majority of the time, and you only get one 45 for the entire shift, and it is usualy at the start of you shift, so you end up working arounf 6 hours without a break if you are over 18
Social and adaptive.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Rawtenstall, Lancashire1 October 2018
Brilliant first job for those studying or looking to develop their cv and experience.
Good level of social interaction due to a high turnover of young staff.
Energetic and ever changing, fast paced shifts that are full of a diverse range of personalities.
Good opportunities for promotion as long as you’re in the right store/group.
Not a very professional setting at times.
Pros
Free lunches. Sociable, Adaptable to suit your working needs, Opportunity for promotions, Contracted hours, Easily transferred to new locations, Lenient
Cons
Low rate of pay following promotions, Unprofessional at times, Monotonous
good place to work
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Oxfordshire24 September 2018
very good place to work and develop yourself, friendly atmosphere and flexible working hours. high standard training provided. wages could be better..
Pros
free lunches
Cons
low pay
Fun
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City24 September 2018
Working with the staff is fun as they are like a weird little family but the store manager makes everything difficult. Overall it’s flexible but not a job I want for the long term.
A good company to work for
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 September 2018
Working for McDonalds, like any other job, has its pro's and its cons. It has a very unique work culture (In London anyway). They are very enthusiastic about career progression and have a fantastic learning path to progress in your career.
Pros
Flexable working hours, Free Lunch, Excellent training system
Cons
Staff shortages lead to more pressured work
Bridgemead
Shift Manager, McDonalds Bridgemead (Former Employee) –  Swindon7 September 2018
Great as a first time job whilst in education
Good progression if really want to stay for a long time with company
Rubbish management and unfair treatment toward end of career
Gave me the skills and confidence I needed
Can apply the skills throughout daily life
Pros
Free lunch, friendships
Cons
Long hours, management
Productive and challenging workplace
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire5 September 2018
I started working here when I was a student, then it became my full time job, I really enjoyed working with those great employees. It was hard, sometimes stressful, but I did my best and we achieved great results together.
Tiring work, Difficult to find life balance
Shift manager (Current Employee) –  Wellingborough2 September 2018
Mostly shift work, good for student who want to work part time perhaps along side university.

excellent development opportunities with a management team available to help with progression
Pros
Free Break food
Cons
Difficult to find sleeping pattern

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

535.7K