McDonald's Employee Reviews for Fast Food Attendant

Found 640 reviews matching the search See all 143,558 reviews
productive
McDonalds Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Kentish Town, Greater London7 December 2018
The work there is fine just the management isn't the best and the older and more experienced employees make all the new employees do all the work whilst they go off to chat or smoke. Not only that some of the employees do not know how to handle their customers or treat their staff.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours They don't know how to treat their staff Management of the store is Terrible.
Managers were awful
McDonalds Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Burnley5 July 2018
If you enjoy a workplace with bully’s as managers & poor pay then you’re in luck! working for certain managers here honestly drained the life out of me. it seems as though they were constantly trying to instill in you that they were significantly better than you, just because they were a lot older and had been working there for many years. every time you went into the office, they would be unprofessionally talking about others who worked there and always making comments towards other people. for a long time, i tried to avoid getting bullied by these managers, however it was apparent that staying under the radar and keeping your head down does nothing. i would never ever go back.
Pros
long lunch breaks
Cons
poor management, bullying culture, pay
Customer service and Crew member
McDonalds crew (Current Employee) –  Cirencester, Gloucestershire15 October 2018
1. As a crew member i am working in the kitchen preparing food
2. At the front office i used to help the customers through the ordering collecting and serving
3. As a team member operating a cash register as and when it was instructed
4. On rotation basis I will be working on drive-thru
Pros
Good management support to the employees
Cons
Some time it will be long hours at work
Nice, friendly work enviroment
McDonalds Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Hedge End4 November 2018
The people at my store are very nice to work with. Very good working in a team and the managers and always friendly. It is a stressful place at times because it's busy and fast paced, but when working in a team it makes it easier and efficient.
Working part time around college has been fine working with them, they make it very easy to choose when you're available to work.
Downside is the pay is much lower than most people my age are on. Because of this I have had to look elsewhere for work as the pay is no longer suitable for me. However for a first job after leaving school it's a very good place to start. And they do have ways to increase pay as you work there longer as well as promotions.
Pros
Free Lunches, Availability is easily changed to balance around life.
Cons
Shifts can be long (8 hours +), low pay.
Nice People, Unforgiving Environment
McDonald's Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bath23 September 2018
Everyone at McDonald's was lovely but the pay did not justify how often you would wait the maximum time for your break and how many burns you could get in the kitchen. I got a raise of £1 after a year's hard work and there were many opportunities for advancement to supervisor or managerial roles.
Fun workplace, flexible around your life.
Crew member McDonalds (Current Employee) –  Bury27 April 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job for me is the company and staff that work there. The relationships you build with your colleagues is amazing, as you spend a lot of time together. The management is very good, however sometimes it seems that it is difficult to get praised. McDonalod's has helped me to develop a lot of valuable skills, including communication, team-work and handling money.
Pros
Free food on your break.
Cons
Sometimes you get your break very late.
warm welcoming work place
McDonalds Crew (Former Employee) –  Banbury1 December 2018
on a typical day it would be busy in the morning due to breakfast time them it would calm down until lunch you would have management tell you where you were allocated for the day.
I learned how to operate a well complicated till and at the same time make orders for customers at a fast and efficient pace.
management is great everything regarding you is shared with you on time nothing is falling behind .
communicating with customers is so fun ,engaging with different people and knowing how people can be and that everyone is different .
Pros
always somewhere to be
Cons
too less working hours
Good Benefits but can be difficult
McDonald's Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester5 August 2018
Can be a good environment to work in however the management are often young and unexperienced making it a stressful environment during busy periods. Good work discounts.
Pros
Discounts on many places, free lunches
Cons
Often go without breaks, long hours, hardly any days off
Fun
McDonalds Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Liverpool20 September 2018
Fun place to work if it’s with good people. Management can generally be okay but higher members of salaried team are more concerned about numbers and times rather than the well-being of crew members.
Pros
Free meal on shift
Cons
Work hard for little pay
Productive workplace but not always as flexible as expected.
McDonalds Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Sheerness26 September 2018
The management team were often complaining at people not turning up to sifts and expected everyone else to work longer,often not following guidelines and running brakes too early/late which unsettled a lot of people. There was also a huge staff turnover and the store manager made staff cry and walk out of shifts on occasion. However the rest of the management are friendly,flexible and approachable,and overall the working environment is not bad, also the conditions are good. A free meal is also a bonus.
Productive workplace
McDonalds Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Birmingham6 August 2018
You're pretty much busy all the time which is a good thing. Colleagues work with you every step of the way and make sure you get comfortable with any task. Management can sometimes put pressure on you.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Not too bad to work but is just a starter job
McDonalds Crew Member full time (Former Employee) –  Watford4 November 2018
I have done closings , openings, delivery(re-stock) and evening shifts,helping the closers. Doing delivery alone for 1 year long and being a piece important in the kitchen after two years the only pay rise I get was 0.04£ per hour at difference from the new stuff.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Long hours, stressful, not well payed for the work done, no recognition
Its very productive and also a fun place
McDonalds Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Ealing Broadway25 September 2018
A typical day of working here is a very busy day and you get to do many things, the managment is also good the hardest part of the job is having to deal with complaints and angry rude customers. The most enjoyable part of my job is having to work with other crew members and to have fun with them whilst working and fulfiling the customers needs
Pros
free lunches and emplyee discounts
Crew Member
McDonalds Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Sunderland18 September 2018
Duties:
Served customers at the till.
Prepared food in the kitchen.
Helped out in the dining area.
Worked as a team to reach team and personal targets.
Cleaned and closed the store

Skills Developed: Communication, teamwork, customer service, fast paced work, food preparation and maintaining good cleanliness and hygiene levels.

I met a variety of great people and was able to shine with my customer service skills and positive attitude. I was always encouraged to be my best.
Pros
Positive atmosphere.
Cons
Long hours.
Fun and productive
McDonalds Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge12 November 2018
A typical day in Mcdonald's will summarise at dealing with the speed food producing system to provide quality food to customers on time.
The management was good but not always cool under pressure.
The hardest part of the job was the cleaning part a the end of the day and the most enjoyable part was working on the fries station.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Not much to learn
McDonalds Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Belfast23 July 2018
Mcdonalds is a fun place to work with brilliant staff who are all one big team. You have the freedom to do your own thing within the workplace and the salary is outstanding.
Pros
Free lunches, brilliant staff
Easy job
McDonalds Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Gornal11 November 2018
Worked here for a few months everyone’s stuck up managers backside it’s unreal if you don’t lick there backside you will get low h hours and even most weeks have no shifts at all you get the worse jobs and everyone else get the simple ones they talk to you like dirt everyone slags each other of but least you get free food only part I liked
Pros
Free lunch
very flexible with hours
McDonalds Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Lichfield, Staffordshire13 November 2018
I work in a franchise Mcdonalds. I do have very flexible hours and can request what holiday time that i need. i usually get 8-9 hour shifts. it is a very fun place to work, you meet loads of new people. it can be quite stressful during busy periods.
Pros
free lunch
Fun and fast paced
McDonald's Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim14 November 2018
Busy serving food and customers and cleaning and stocking.
Constantly learning at this job.
Management are very supportive and I have good relationships with them.
Hardest part of the job can be taking responsibility for mistakes or errors not made by you.
Most enjoyable part is how fast paced it is as you are never standing about.
Pros
Free lunches every shift
Claims to be flexible around your other jobs/ school ect but isn't.
McDonalds Crew Member (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom4 July 2018
Employees are treated poorly and badly behaved staff members get away with poor behavior if they are friends with the management. You are told that you decide what hours you are available to work when in reality they will schedule you to work when you are unavailable anyway. I worked here while I was still at school and would always be scheduled to work during school hours, despite having selected this as my time of unavailability. And yes you get free food but you don't get paid for breaks. Worst of all is that because I was underage I wasn't allowed to work after 11 pm but often I was made to stay due to staff shortage (this I didn't mind... the manager then going into the online logging and changing mine to say I only worked until 11 pm did bother me though as I wasn't being paid for the work I was completing). Overall my time working for McDonald's left me with a negative opinion of the company and therefore wouldn't recommend anyone to work there.
Cons
entire experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

536.7K