McDonald's Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

it was fun
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  East London16 May 2018
i enjoyed working and learnt many new talents and skills from the managers and stuff, everyone was very polite and helpful. i have also improved on my confidence and gained a lot of motivational skills.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Very busy
Fun work place
cash handling general customer service (Former Employee) –  Scotland4 May 2018
Was a fun work place really busy and kept going was great working in team build friendships too, people where friendly. Only downfall was unhappy customers sometimes if someone got an order wrong which wasn't your fault and you had to deal with it
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Disrepectful customers
ok job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oxford29 April 2018
this Is a quick money making some of the managers may change your hours worked but the system they have tells you who has changed it and the bonus is that you get paid every two weeks
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Epsom25 April 2018
I enjoy working at McDonalds as I can develop new skills every day. I believe that it is a productive and fun environment to work in, whilst also getting the job done. The staff are very friendly and work well to achieve great customer service.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
bad pay, some unfriendly staff
fun workplace /chaotic
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orpington21 April 2018
Complex management Team as are SO many of shift managers each of then with they own roles , very fun mix background team . The store have a DT in a busy motorway that make work hard.
Pros
Fun place
Cons
Busy/hard chaotic work.
Fast-paced, demanding work place.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth20 April 2018
I worked with McDonald's restaurant group, this was a very fast-paced, and demanding environment due to being a fast food restaurant. However, this environment has helped me the developed skill to get jobs done, along with being able to cope well under pressure.
Not a great place to work.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol15 April 2018
Management team did not want to help and had no sympathy whatsoever.

Fellow Employees were not willing to help me learn, therefore 2 months into my job i still had no clue how to operate tills/ drive thru.
Pros
money
Cons
The environment, people, managment.
A typical day at work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trowbridge14 April 2018
Well they would assign you your station and depending who you are with and what station you have been placed at. If you are at the VAT machines your very unlucky because it doesn't matter who you are with. It is boiling hot and tiring day for you. However if you are on drinks or on til or drive thru it is okay the team around you can effect your atmosphere but hopefully not to much.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours little unpaid breaks
Good shifts, management isn't the best
Costumer service (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire11 April 2018
shifts varied. management was not the best. hard to approach or feel like I had a voice. people very friendly and lots of new experiences. friends for life made.
Pros
free lunch on shift
Cons
long hours and management
typical day
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester29 March 2018
For the amount of hard work you do, the managers really make everyone feel bullied and really under appreciated. Most of the people there are 16+ / NEED a job. theres a reason... no sane person would work there to be bullied and belittled by managers. There were a few of us who all left together after our concerns regarding treatment were ignored several times.
Pros
free food
Cons

Want to know more about McDonald's?

Ask a question
productive
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex27 March 2018
when working I was to make sure that the lobby floor was kept and maintain at a high standard and do table service for the customers and make sure fun
Pros
free lunch
Cons
stressful
not a very nice place too work.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Worcester21 March 2018
The workplace is very unclean and dirty, the most enjoyable part of the job is speaking too customers throughout the day. the hardest job at McDonald's is learning how too serve people through the computer.
Pros
free lunches
Fun
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire15 March 2018
My time at McDonald's was great filled with great colleagues I was more than happy to call friends. I learned the dynamics of McDonald's and how to serve and greet any customer that required serving or help. The management was great there were shift managers always on hand as well as a main manger at the store. Great place to start your working career, teach lots of skills and management are friendly and fun.
Pros
Fun Enviroment
Cons
Flexibility
its not fun
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire5 March 2018
you don't get paid that much for the job and everyone is actually people do the same job and they get paid the same amount of money
and sometimes the managers don't treat us very well
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Good environment with social friendly people
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands2 March 2018
Fairly good managers, interesting place, not so interesting cooking beef and frying chicken, Nice doing overtime, you will get more money. Not usually nice customers, but you can be lucky.
Pros
Sociable place
Cons
Nobody cares really, calling in sick genuinely means you're lazy... Some Managers think.
Ok
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent Chesterton1 March 2018
I worked at Mac Donald’s from 2017 to 2018, I would NEVER work here again! Closed for refurbished for 5 weeks with no pay so I took 9 days holiday and only got paid £240. I questioned this with the manager to get told she couldn’t do anything and I had to wait for the store to reopen and when it did I had to chase her and to get told it’s nothing do with her it’s payroll and then for her to give me the wrong number, basically I got nothing owe to me cause they made out I took all my holidays. Iam so disgusting with the company and I have nothing good to say about them.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Had to take your break a hour in your 8 hour shift
Good place for a first job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Yate, Gloucestershire28 February 2018
Working in Mcdonalds was a great place to start a working life if you are young to be at if you are still in education. People generally get along and you develop essentials skills that you will need in the future when getting a different job.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Long hours, lack of staff
fun
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire25 February 2018
Nice place to work. Staff are Amazing and co- operative. All staff are helpful towards each other and their is no racism involved even though their are many of us with different skin colours, thoughts and cultures.
productive and fun
Costumer service (Former Employee) –  Acocks Green, West Midlands19 February 2018
you are able to work with a range of different individuals who all have a driven passion to make sure that customers are happy. once you get a hang of things it is much easier to do again however you may find yourself in different areas which could lead you to become more irritated. some customers may be hard to deal with which could make you feel more vunerable. a typical day would let you work your hardest while teaching and training new workers if you have more experience. this allows you to reflect on your own work ethics as well.
Pros
discounts
Cons
long shifts
okay
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Newhaven10 February 2018
good company values, unfortunately the management at my particular restaurant slacked. training was well thought out and easy to learn however again the staff slacked. hardest part of the job seemed to be the milkshakes, couldnt hack that one, turns out you dont have to hold the cup? got it in the end though. most enjoyable part of the job was probably the customers i met.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
longer hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

530.5K