McDonald's Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Fun but stressful at times
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sleaford8 February 2018
I didn't progress very fast through job positioning. my typical shifts length was 7.5 hours and the hardest part was dealing with difficult customers.
Pros
free food on breaks
Cons
unfair breaks
Flexible place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire8 February 2018
A great place to work if you want flexibility around another job, college/university, etc. Overall a friendly place to work if you have a passion for pushing sales in the workplace.
Enhanced my customer serive skills
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eltham, Greater London6 February 2018
Whilst working here I was able to increase my customer service skills and it also enabled me to gain relevant experience whilst earning. It was not something I could of saw myself doing for a long time as there was no movement towards anything and I started to lack motivation whilst working in the franchise.
Pros
Free Lunches, Different types of customers
Cons
Long hours, Nothing to work towards
Interview
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rigby road BLackpool5 February 2018
Was told to come on the Saturday but got there and told to come back on Sunday. Really poorly managed. Was told I would know between 3 to 5 days but had to ring again. Received no proper feedback a real waste of time.
Cons
Poor management
fast paced job
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Macclesfield, Cheshire29 January 2018
my only negative would be that the management do not care about the employees in the slightest, employing schemes where you can earn £50 for telling tales on other employees, generally setting a tense atmosphere in the shop.
boring
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farnborough29 January 2018
i did not enjoy mcdonalds as the managers were not good managers, they could not manage without their emotions influencing their decisions however the work/life balance was very good
Pros
free lunches and flexibility
Cons
bad management
store
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Broadstairs, Kent27 January 2018
everything is rather bad to be honest.
managers don't know how to stay in link
to much stress on employees
breaks to early as when start be told to go on a break asap
fun place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bury25 January 2018
great place to work, had alot of fun there, but wages are too low, thats the only problem i had with this job, other than that this was a fun place to work i enjoyed working there
Pros
free food
Cons
low wages
productive
Server/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bolton18 January 2018
......very nice place sometimes staff are not nice and rude put me of feeling like a family. wage is average and its good you get a free meal per shift.
Freindly
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  St Helens, Merseyside18 January 2018
Good place to work if your under the age of 18 good wage at 6.10, freindly staff, good job apart from the few odd customers... downfall was the hours as i was working 1 shift a week..
Pros
Good wage for under 18s
Fun workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire11 January 2018
Working for McDonald's was good fun , first you get trained up on the till then you can get put on other station to learn more about all sections in the restaurant
Pros
Free food for breaks
Maccies
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Runcorn, Cheshire10 January 2018
Was a fun job and good place to work in, I was in the kitchen and even though you had to do everything rifgt and sometimes was busy you could still have a laugh whilst working there which was good
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Hours
Long days
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 January 2018
WorkPlace is okay. But hours are long , no social time for youself. You can't balance that much. Also it is good if you want too do part time. You can work up the ladder first working here. Team work is very good here. Every helps eachother. The hardest part is unpleasant customers.
Pros
1Hour lunch
okay place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bury2 January 2018
not the best job out there. wage is too low but if there is no job out there, in the mean time you could get a start here earning a very few, not too bad for a start
Pros
free lunches
Cons
had me on fries constantly, didn't swich roles like they are suppose to do
productive work environment
customer service assistant (Former Employee) –  Enfield1 January 2018
I love to work in a busy work place environment, enjoy serving customers, love taking on responsibilities, i thrive on working under pressure, i am always punctual and have good time keeping.
Pros
enjoy free lunches
Cons
dont mind long hours
Too hectic and non stop!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Merstham, Surrey25 December 2017
I was only there for a short time but i learnt akot but it was too hectic and non stop for me. I also felt like the breaks were random and not long enough.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Too hectic
fun workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire16 December 2017
My job role in Mcdonalds was customer service so doing tills working on the OAT also working on the drive through getting orders ready for customers. i learnt a lot from working at mcdonalds like how to handle a situation with a customer if they wasnt happy with their order or no happy with a member of staff. The hardest part of the job was when giving orders and making sure the orders were all right. Most enjoyable thing about the job was that everyone worked as a team and got on.
Pros
free lunches
Hard and very demanding
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Watford, Hertfordshire8 December 2017
Hard work, testing environment and management don't care and try to just get everything done as quick as possible without caring about health and safety
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Very Long hours
Not for me
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland8 December 2017
Worked as a customer care assistant. This is a cleaning job, don’t be fooled!! Totally lied to at interview as to what this job entailed. Cleaning out on the restaurant floor & behind in the staff toilets, staff room & store etc. Customers spitting on trays & using sinks as toilets totally disgusting. Glad I got out when I did. Manager hard no people skills & was very rude staff. Worst job I ever had.
Pros
Free meal every shift
Cons
Rude customers, rude managers
Fun Workplace
management of staff and customer service (Current Employee) –  Warrington6 December 2017
My typical day at work involves me putting away the delivered products from a truck into the stock room, fridge and freezer. I will then join a team in the kitchen to prepare the food, sometimes managing staff and training new colleagues. Overall McDonalds has a good workplace environment which invites a variety of people from different backgrounds who enjoy a laugh but can also work hard at the same time. I've found that the hardest part of the job is to keep up with the flow of food orders during peak times but as a team we get through this in a reasonable amount of time. A few times a year our store will either have a work party at a venue or go on a day out which is put in place by the managers of the store to thank the employees for the hard work.
Pros
Free and discounted food
Cons
Long hours for low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

527.6K