McDonald's Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Great Job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Catterick Garrison, North Yorkshire5 August 2018
Enjoyed the job since the first day i started. Everyone helps you out and makes you feel welcome. Everyone helps you learn new skills. Working in a team at Mcdonalds is fun and productive.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
Over night work
Dirty Workplace
Multilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Manchester2 August 2018
We were treated very badly and paid very badly with very long hours in dirty conditions. You were assigned to different positions depending on the manager on the day and if hes feeling nice or not.
Pros
free lunched
Cons
bad condition
Hard environment
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newbury, Berkshire1 August 2018
Ok first job hard environment to work in, management is very poor and don’t do a lot of work, but get you working long hours but very good money. Tills is very hard but makes your shift fly by of how busy it can be.
Pros
Food on break
Cons
a job good for younger people but not for older people
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Valley Park31 July 2018
honestly gone in hating to work but also being alright with it as well. the workplace is mediocre and that not everyone is trustworthy but the managers can be understanding while some can be questionable.
Pros
Money, free mcdonalds
Cons
cutting hours, giving stupid shifts, the company in general
Worst work experience
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester31 July 2018
I super happy when i joined them and i couldn't wait to start. I got pretty much no training and where i worked, there was only a few friendly team members. The shift leaders did more then the managers and only friends of the management go promotions.
Pros
Free meal
Fun
Customer service, cash handling, tills (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester29 July 2018
It so fun and enjoyable work space , however you have to deal with rude customers and have to handle it in such a way so you don't distress other customers around or hurt someone's feelings in the process , you get pushed to your limit with cleaning and balancing everything out making sure everything is fair for you and your other staff members , you have to spread out the jobs that need doing fairly
Was enjoyable place to work ,
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire27 July 2018
Enjoyed the job but did not have the hours I was promised. Was told at my interview that I could work around my child care commitment which never happened as had to start at 7 am therefore had to take my son to my mums at 630 which was to early .
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours not ideal for single mums
Stressful workplace, can be very busy at times
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Belfast24 July 2018
When I began working in McDonald's I thought it was a very flexible workplace and i found it pleasurable to work there. However, with time it became less flexible and I began to dislike it as I had no social life due to getting shifts during hours which prevented me from seeing my friends and significant other.
its agood place and safe working pkace for women
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  pakistan23 July 2018
we give a great hospitality to our guest guest feel happy and enjoy here we always try to maintain our QSC we give a healthy fresh environment .i lov
Pros
EMCi is allowed
Cons
1 in one day
Mcdonalds
Custmer Service (Current Employee) –  Windsor19 July 2018
Its okay, however you would lose quite a lot of your own time. You will sometimes b working for more then 8 hours and expected to make the early morning shift the next day
Pros
Free lun h
Great atmosphere and Learning environment
Chef/Customer service assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth16 July 2018
I assisted customers in their transactions, orders and concerns. I also communicated efficiently with customers when calling out order numbers and receiving customer orders and transactions. I learned how to communicate and work well in a group, especially when the intensity of work increased. I learned the importance of self - belief and truly caring for the safety and well being of my colleagues. At the same time, I also learned the importance of 100% customer satisfaction. The management in McDonald's was particularly good as they were very clear in what they asked of me and when I was confused their leadership was undeniably amazing. The workplace could have been better as their were some individuals who felt the need to be sly and spiteful but the majority of them were helpful and kind. The hardest part of this job was staying consistent especially on night shifts, however the most enjoyable part of this Job was learning and meeting new people.
Pros
Free meals, kind working environment
Cons
Low pay on night shifts
fast paced environment
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London13 July 2018
Played a major role in helping me improve my communication skills as well as time management as they were very important when it came to making sure that customers were satisfied.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Pressure job with long working hours
mcdonalds summary
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Buckbarn8 July 2018
My typical day at work would to arrive, say hello to the managers, count up a float of 150£ I would then serve customers until break then take my break and then serve again until I have finished. I will then cash my till out with a manager to make sure i havent lost any money i shouldn't have.

I have gained customer service experience on how to deal with difficult customers and being polite to every customers, making them feel comfortable when ordering.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very hot in the summer
Average
Customer Service / Complaints (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh27 June 2018
Good company to work for and many opportunities to progress in different areas of the business. Good workplace culture and continued support provided by management throughout.
poor
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire27 June 2018
The zero hour contract meant that I was unable to plan anything outside of work, the managers treated staff poorly and overall it was a bad experience.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
barely any shifts
enjoyable work
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire24 June 2018
Working at McDonalds is actually really enjoyable the shifts go really quick as you are working in a constant moving environment you get an free meal every shift meaning you don't have to worry for the lunch and the management is great.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
can become repetitive
trash
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London21 June 2018
pay was so bad for under 18s (£5.35 ph) however the pay has now shot up to £7.50 ph.
not worth it though, they over work you by sometimes 8 hours and managers are just not understanding.
Pros
free lunches & zero hour contract
Cons
short breaks & always overtime
okay
Giving quality customer service to all customers (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire16 June 2018
good for college but nit something to do full time or make a career in really unless you're interested in staying in food . enjoyed my time here whilst at college
Good experience in the work environment
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knightsbridge, Greater London15 June 2018
My typical day at McDonalds was very busy and competitive. I learnt to be able to manage my time with school and work, I also learnt to done my job quickly and effectively. The management team was not very professional, as they would cause problems with other colleges. They were not very nice either, the staff would be scared of them. The hardest part of work was when it was really busy. The most enjoyable was when I was working behind the counter, asking people for their orders
worse place i've ever worked
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Truro, Cornwall10 June 2018
do not take a job at this McDonalds it's a fate worse than death, the staff were twice as bad as the customers the number of things that would get you fired in any other role in this store just went on like it's normal to some it up worse place I've ever worked
Pros
money
Cons
staff and customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

533.5K