McDonald's Employee Reviews for Crew Member

Hard but good work
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Redhill, Surrey19 May 2018
It is my responsibility to ensure that customers are served food in a timely manner as well as making
sure quality standards are maintained. I work within a team to both open and close the store ensuring
Pros
Free lunches
Horrible managers who bullied the crew workers!
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset18 May 2018
Pay was ok but not amazing for the job at hand. The managers (especially one of them) were bullies and loved to make horrible comments behind your back. This demotivated me and made me feel worthless in the company. Not worth your time and definitely avoid. So many better jobs out there!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Horrible management, nasty working conditions
not bad
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Hinckley18 May 2018
It is good for a first job. I don't like this job at all, I mean this is not for me, but there are people who love this place. Pay rate is so bad. It is a brainwashing place.
Pros
free lunches
Horrible managemnt
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Keighley17 May 2018
The people around me were always really nice and the customers were generally really nice as well however the managers and particularly the store manager weren't too good.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Working hours
Overall
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey17 May 2018
You tend to stay workin here because the people you work with - however the pay is absolutely dreadful and management are lazy. It’s a shame because if you didn’t stand up for yourself management would walk all over you and progression was rare and only if you were very good friends with management.
Pros
Free food, the staff at the same level as you
Cons
Dreadful pay, shocking management
good
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire16 May 2018
long hours, tedious. friendly staff and friendly environment to work in with flexible hours. Discount is good but food gets boring after a while. Great first job ideal for developing skills to help you in the future.
Pros
discount
Cons
tedious
Poor management and treatment
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Wisbech16 May 2018
I've worked at McDonalds a while and find the treatment of staff under many managers and shift managers poor as they regard people below them. The hours are never permanent and you can go from 5 full days a week to two 4 hours shifts a week with no notice making it difficult to obtain a standard of living. Customers treat staff like they are below them due to our uniform and the general working conditions are poor. So much drama happens behind the scene and I've never had a day where nothing bad has happened. McDonalds really need to shape up some stores in their franchise and work on manager treatment and the general welfare in their store.
Pros
free break
Cons
unreliable hours
Can help with customer service skills
Crew Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Ashford, Surrey16 May 2018
For me the highlight of this job was talking with new new people everyday, which did honestly improve my customer service skills. I really learned how to help people if they needed anything and also what to do when I’m faced with tough situations. It was a good experience.
Pros
Free lunches, lovely collegues
Cons
Rude staff management
Flexible work hours
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Llanelli16 May 2018
Working at Mcdonalds is ideal for people who are looking for a flexible work schedule. Its a fast paced environment but has a good training program in place to help employees.
Pros
Free food on breaks
High energy and fast paced workplace
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire16 May 2018
Do sometimes have the opportunity to work in different roles. I've have worked in two McDonald's stores and found my experience at both to be very different. At the first store I advanced on to the progression route to Crew Trainer rather quickly however I had to take a step down to Crew Member at the second store. I found that my first store I really enjoyed working at and would often do long hours or stay overtime if needed however at the second store this was not the case. I had some issues with some managers and found that this affected my time at work so therefore would not stay overtime as I just wanted to leave as soon as I could.
Pros
Free food on break
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  20 eglinton16 May 2018
Work her as a part time not fulltime. This stor is very busy so you better be careful when you apply at this store. I not letting mcdinalds down i just them to give the right paycheck on there wokers.
awful work place
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire16 May 2018
i don't enjoy the job at all the management is awful and the salary is even worse,staff are always unorganised and the fact that it is a franchise means less pay which i think is wrong because we do the same job
Fun
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset16 May 2018
Lots of different benefits that you can get from working for this establishment.
Hard parts of the job but your peers support you through this.
Friendly staff.
productive
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria16 May 2018
Very fast paced working environment, very little training and was thrown in the deep end the very first day, hours were not fit around life and often i was unable to change what days i worked even though i made it clear i was unable to work
Tiring and stressful
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Street15 May 2018
Going into the job I was not expecting what I found. I applied for a part time but after a week they started increasing my hours and I was working full time and going to university. Sometimes they even gave me hours while they knew i was at university! when i would tell them that i cant come because im at university they were just pure rude. managers were stuck up and made me work at the till when i had lost my voice!
Its just long overall
Crew Member - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Bedford15 May 2018
Its alright here but some of the managers are just rude and annoying. they keep you there overtime when you have to be somewhere plus they're very unreasonable and try force you to work when you're sick.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
some rude managers
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Ipswich14 May 2018
Everyone is very friendly and gets along so well which makes the job worth it. Although the wage is low, no one is on absolute minimum which is very good considering he majority of people there aren't entitled to the national living wage yet. You are given good training, good break lengths and good management. It's easy to work your way up.
Pros
Free lunches, Good wages, Friendly Colleagues
Cons
0 hour contract
Good introduction to work life.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea14 May 2018
The typical day was fairly varied. I learned a lot whilst on the job including how to handle difficult customers. The managers were good and always made the effort to make sure you could perform to your best ability. The hardest part of the job was cleaning after the night shift.
Pros
Money off food.
Cons
The hours could be difficult.
I think mcdonalds was a good experience as it teached me how to talk to customers and increase my confident
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Valley Park14 May 2018
I think my time at mcdonalds was not to what i had except, i did not enjoy my time as i thought the teamwork skills were not good so it did not motivate me, a typical day of work is me working on drive or till and taking orders whilst talking to customers making them feel as welcome as possible. the most enjoyable part of the job for me was meeting new people and learning to adapt in a environment as it was my first ever job.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
teamwork not good
Productive, co-operative workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Preston13 May 2018
Productive, co-operative workplace with friendly colleagues and a hectic yet manageable workload. Managers are patient and helpful. As long as you are happy with long shifts then working here is alright.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
Long hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

530.5K