McDonald's Employee Reviews for Crew Member

Good as a first job....however
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire17 February 2018
Management needs to improve and should take all their workers with clear potential to step up the career ladder more seriously!
Also, Mcdonalds needs to give more employment benefits to keep their staff, including better pay.
Pros
free lunch, flexible working hours
Cons
long hours just to get a decent pay, management
fun workplace
Crew Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Sydenham, Greater London17 February 2018
enjoyable but management was not that great. It was too much work and not enough pay for young workers. I was always a hard worker and very vibrant and happy working in a team. I was also able to handle pressure from customers.
Wasn't the best...
Crew Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire17 February 2018
I worked here for 4 months and I stuck around mainly because I had such great colleagues and we bonded over our dislike of the job. However, I ended up falling out with the manager after I was scheduled to do 5 consecutive days (even though I was on a 0 hour contract and was only meant to be working once a week) who refused to give me just ONE day off - even after explaining that I'm a student and was due to have exams the following week. Also, the pay wasn't that great.
Pros
Free food, great colleagues.
Cons
Underpaid, poor management team.
Fun but hard going
Crew Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Anniesland17 February 2018
As it is McDonalds yes its fastpace but some staff are very cheeky and put new staff down, I would recommend to anyone as a first job but it isn't a job for life.
Pros
Free food for break
Cons
long hours and rude staff
great training
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton15 February 2018
the people that i work with are always very helpful and easy to get on with also while working here you obtain great skills and team building skills and also great communication.
Fun first job
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  CH5 2HX15 February 2018
A nice place to work where you can not only earn money but also make friends, the management at my particular franchise was poor however I presume it has changed by now
Pros
Discount
Cons
Weekly rota
fast paced
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, Renfrewshire14 February 2018
okay for first time job. Would recommend to younger people as can be physically demanding. Decent pay as its above minimum wage and if your there for a long period youll get promoted.
Fun workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Shepherds Bush, Greater London14 February 2018
When I was working at McDonald's as a crew member I had two responsibilities, which was customer responsibilities and food preparation. As a crew member, I was providing customers with quick and precise service for their needs. I also used to help customers with their ordering. My responsibilities as a crew member were operating the cash register, cleaning the restaurant and completing other assigned tasks that I was given.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Good workplace, friendly faces
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Mansfield Leisure Park14 February 2018
Been working at McDonalds for almost 2 years and i can honestly say that when I first started there were many people that welcomed me to the job as well as train me in all the necessary stations that I was required to work on. Now that I have been there a while i have been able to build relationships with other staff and managers and they are all friendly to each other. The benefits of the job are very rewarding with Employee of the month awards, Food for thoughts recognition and vNabit recognition. The hardest part of the job is when working on one of the batch cookers during a very busy period as you are required to be on the ball constantly during this to ensure that you do not run out of food. If you run out of food then it slows the service of the store overall for all customers.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Busy periods
Okay experience
crew member (Former Employee) –  Gatwick Airport Station, West Sussex13 February 2018
It was a great environment to work in socially, but the demands of the job can be over powering and management would give you multiple tasks to do at one time and to assist people who are less able to do the tasks they have been set to do
Fun workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Nantgarw, Rhondda Cynon Taff13 February 2018
At first the placement was a good start, fitted well on times with my availability as I was studying in college but not anymore, salary was too low for my expectation.
Working at Mcdonalds was an ok first job.
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Blyth, Northumberland13 February 2018
a typical day at work would consist of moving between a variety of roles around the resturaunt and was broken up by a one hour break if you worked more than 5 hours.
During my time at Mcdonalds, i learned a range of skills such as customer care, barrista training, till training as well asdeveloping my inter personal skills.
the management was
Okay but not a lifetime job
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Havant, Hampshire13 February 2018
Great for students but not a job you want to spend your life doing. Your experience will depend on the store you work at and the people you work with.
Pros
more than minimum wage
Cons
0 hour contracts
Unsatisfactory management at Alperton branch
Crew Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Alperton, Greater London12 February 2018
Towards the end of 2017, I was told by the business manager at the Alperton branch, I was accepted for the job. He gave me his number and arranged for me to attend an induction. Attended one, but the lady holding it wanted me to attend another one next time.

To add context, I am a 17-year-old college student, meaning I had a hard time arranging for an induction. Regardless, I was able to find a time to. I was told to contact the business manager; was ignored and still am.

What's making me write this review is the fact that they reopened this vacancy (after closing it) after two months of this whole ordeal. Very disappointed.
fun place to work
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  edinburgh12 February 2018
McDonalds is a good place to work, you get to work with lots of different people everyday and you feel like you are part of the group the minute you join the team, they are very welcoming.
Small and friendly work environment
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Corby, Northamptonshire12 February 2018
Completely different work environment to what I was used to which helped me gain experience in a new workplace.
Work days ranged from 5 hours to 8 hour shifts (due to only being 16).
Pros
Free meals on breaks
Not a bad job at all.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Gateshead12 February 2018
I didn't find mcdonalds to be the worst of the jobs ive had in my years, and with it being such a big company there are always hours there to pick up which was ideal. They were also very flexible working around my college days when i was only 16.
Pros
flexible and extra hours available
Productive and fun work place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bowburn, UK12 February 2018
Good hours, and good pay to go along with the hours. Friendly and motivated staff, with a productive attitude towards work effectiveness. Which aided me through my training within the company.
Pros
Hours and pay
Cons
N/a
Great first time job
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands11 February 2018
Good job provided me with what I needed but needed more space to progress so this wasn’t the job for me no more but it was busy almost of the time so it teaches you how to cope with pressure and develop as an individual
Cons
Long shifts
good
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Uxbridge, Greater London11 February 2018
here I have to make food , stocking up the foods, managing the dates on ingredients whilst the whole environment is fun. I also learnt good communication, team work , accuracy.
Pros
flexible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

527.6K