McDonald's Employee Reviews for Crew Member

Fantastic for experience
Crew Member - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Scunthorpe12 August 2018
Fast pasted environment with helpful, friendly and understanding managers. We are rewarded for our efforts and noticed for our hardworking years. It's a fantastic place to work whilst at college, the hours you have are able to fit around your college hours.
Pros
Free lunches
Fast paced environment
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  York9 August 2018
What you do on a daily basis changes on how busy it is and how much staff there, due to stressful demand and many employees tensions and nerves and can build but equally you get a lot closer to your colleagues compared to other jobs. McDonald's provides many opportunities for their employees to advance their positions within the company however their is hard balance between shifts and personal lives which isn't apparent at the start but slowly appears. Ultimately it is a different working environment to other catering positions that has to be experienced as it helps you grow a lot as an individual as you develop a lot more skills then you would think.,
Pros
free lunches
Cons
shift timetables can be unpredictable and unfair to some
If your new then it isn’t a good place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Manchester9 August 2018
I started this job as my very first job and to be honest I adapted really quickly to the busy environment but I felt as though new people were left out of the friend ship groups and left to feel like an outcast .
I enjoyed my self working here but I quit because it wasn’t for me .
Pros
New experiance
Cons
Bad staff atomophere
fun place to work
Crew Member - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Gorgie, City of Edinburgh8 August 2018
fun place to work and grow skills and traits that can be carried on into other future jobs. the management team re really nice and supportive. the staff working make your shifts easier to deal with.
Pros
good staff
Cons
free meal every shift
good work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Dundee7 August 2018
most my time here was spent working on there stock delivery's learning how to check for any damages, temperatures where within the right temps for chilled and frozen also putting all away while checking old stock and making sure things are rotated properly.
Okay as a first job
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Devon6 August 2018
The hours were very long, usually 8 hours and occasionally six or ten. The training was good however some members of staff and management can be very stressed, putting lots of pressure on other members of staff resulting in people leaving.
Pros
Free food on the 45 minute break
Cons
One manager was horrible, I didn't find out my shifts until at least 4 days before and at most 11.
Good first job
Crew member (Current Employee) –  Cardiff6 August 2018
Good starting place for a job when you leave school but managers will try take advantage of you by constantly asking you to stay on, come in on your days off and sometimes the pay isn't worth dealing with the situations you have to deal with
Pros
Free food and flexible schedule
Productive and fast pace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow4 August 2018
McDonald's are excellent for adapting shifts to suit your lifestyle i.e. college/university, kids, or carer needs. Management can be rude and abrupt but depends on the store you work in.
Pros
Free food on break
Cons
Typically 8 hour shifts
not the best
Crew Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 August 2018
i didn't really enjoy when i was working in McDonalds because it wasn't easy or relaxing because its is always busy but for a first paid job, it was no to bad.
Ok job
Crew Member - Full Time (Former Employee) –  St. Neots3 August 2018
Its OK working there, free food on brakes and the people at the stores are generally decent towards one another. Easy and only gets hard when on a station on your own or if it gets busy, that being said there is always something to do which isn't so bad because it passes the time quicker.
Pros
Flexible work hours and will make friends
Cons
Some customers can be a pain, it can get a little OCD beyond what is reasonable sometimes.
Fun workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester2 August 2018
Mcdonalds is a great place to work with friendly people to work with. The pay is good but for the work and stress it isn’t great. I think Mcdonalds should raise the starting wage for a 16-18 year old a bit higher as they balance education with work.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Too many hours
Hard-working but neccesary
Crew member (Current Employee) –  Boldon Colliery2 August 2018
Fast track with a lot of new things learnt in a small space of time including customer service and how to handle customers and colleagues needs. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep up with the demands from customers.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Consistent
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  North Hykeham, Lincolnshire2 August 2018
you'd either be on the kitchen or serving customers, and would most likely be in the same place for all of your shift. management could be either very nice and good to work for or too bossy.
Depends where you work..
Crew Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire1 August 2018
Wasn’t for me as pay was too low, no room to progress after asking management constantly since I started 12 months ago even though people who started after me got to progress. Only liked a few people and one manager, they don’t treat you fairly. Much happier now I’ve got another job I just wish I left sooner.
Pros
Flexible, free lunch
Cons
Pay, management, moral, training, long hours.
flexible
Crew Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Flint, Flintshire31 July 2018
really enjoyed the job in itself but need to keep yourself to yourself because people like to talk about you and make things worse its not a place to go and make friends its a good first time job but not a job you want to be in if you have a house or a car or children as its just not good money but really flexible with our house
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not good to make friends
Mcdonalds
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon31 July 2018
Mcdonalds taught me a lot about being a team player, dealing with difficult situations presented by the public. They definitely need to work on their staff training, it's understandable however as there is a lot of younger teenagers working for the company.
Brill
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Nottingham31 July 2018
A great start of job for anyone, chucks you in the deep end so you are aware what the working life is like. Would recommend anyone as a first start off job
Fun workplace but poor training and management.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Basildon, Essex31 July 2018
Working at Mc'donalds can be fun, it has a good atmosphere where work is taken seriously but also has the time to have a laugh. However it can also be difficult working there due to managers and other members of crew, i found the training wasn't good and had to learn things threw other crew members instead of crew trainers or managers, i also feel instead of people being supportive of mistakes and giving constructive criticism they will give you a hard time or run you down making you feel annoyed and you will feel like that for the remainder of the shift.
Pros
Free lunches and a 45 minute break, opportunities for more than 1 break however the second will be shorter.
Cons
High chances of injuring yourself .
Hardwork and tedious
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire30 July 2018
They aren't very considerate with their staff and the money hardly feels worth it. They expect you to work horrendous hours and you don't even get to have a full meal on your break for free.

The managers have all this power and use it to get away with doing hardly anything while you rush around like a headless chicken.
productive hard working enviroment
Crew Member - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Morecambe, Lancashire30 July 2018
McDonald's becomes very busy very very quickly. therefore we have to be sufficient. all members are very hard working. everyone is like one big family its a lovely environment to be involved in as a fist job. however, your stress levels go up very fast again very quick and you have to make sure you maintain a positive attitude. but overall its an amazing experience to work for McDonalds.
Pros
everyone is very welcoming
Cons
no set hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

533.5K