MB Aerospace

MB Aerospace Management reviews

its become a high speed production company, no longer interested in producing quality but quantity. the training is chaotic and inconsistent with folks left on their own way too soon. management has recently restructured with their priority to numbers and paperwork. the shifts are awful, night shift finishing at 04:30 on a saturday morning and changing shift every month, then getting warnings when you get sick. hardly a shock to get ill with all that shift changing. the hardest part of the job is trying to produce quality when the machines are old, the cnc programs inadequate and the measuring equipment unreliable. the most enjoyable part of the job is finishing.
Pros
struggling here
Cons
see review
Most of the managers are really arrogant. If you appreciate some stability, and good atmosphere it's definitely place to avoid. Especially i would not recommend taking a weekend position. We had in the last 6 months around 3 changes of the shift patterns, they has reduced our working hours, salaries, and they had stolen our holiday hours, in the middle of the tax years, caused by incompetent person. Don't think you will be treated equal, only certain weekdays people are allowed to do overtime. There is nearly no real training opportunities.
Pros
Not a bad salary on weekdays
Cons
Unstable work enviroment, managment
I see a lot of bad reviews are due to bad experiences.To anyone thinking of joining the company - as long as you have the right can-do attitude, self motivated and enjoy being busy then you will have no problems. This is the best factory out of quite a few I have worked in, have made a lot of friends, learnt a lot of skills that are very transferable, improved my time management and gives you a routine (even though the shifts change every month). People only start to have problems with management or the company when they start complaining too much/making a bad name for themselves. As long as you get on with your work, not get involved with politics and treat people with respect then you will enjoy your experience. It's all down to mindset, if you go to work because you want to improve your skills and become the best you can be at your job then you will actually enjoy your job but if you are just coasting then you can't be helped.The training I have had is good, as long as you ask plenty of questions and take your time then you can't make many mistakes.HR is always there for support as well as your cell leader & shift managers who are always there to help if you need anything.In short - the bad reviews are only downto people being salty that they didn't get their way - it's a good place to work with the correct attitude and work ethic.
Pros
Lots of skills to learn, great people, plenty of support from HR/Managers
Cons
Shift changes every month, 2 different types of shift patterns
Very tedious and mundane work which in fact I don’t think they need to employ people, a chimp could do it. The shifts are terrible rotating every month, so great if you don’t want to spend any time with your family and live at work. The management spend the whole shift on their computers obsessing over numbers and spread sheets. The only interaction you will have from management will be negative. Quantity over quality definitely applies here. If you’re happy churning out bad work as fast as you can then this is the place for you. Also the machines are old and the measuring equipment is even worse, but that doesn’t matter as long as you produce as much as you can they are happy. Actually that’s a lie no one is ever happy working here.
Pros
Pay is ok.
Cons
Everything.
I have worked at MB for a number of years in various roles. I have always been supported and encouraged to succeed. I find that the management have been honest and open during what has been a tough year (Covid-19 related) and have done what they could to support me when needed. Over the years I have found that the management have been engaging, but only when approached first, over the past year or two there has been a clear shift and much more pro-active communication strategy from the management team. It is a pressured environment, but this is needed to meet our challenging customer demands, its made easier by having clear communication and targets. I thoroughly enjoy my job, I work with a good group of people and I'm able to have a laugh whilst still meeting the production requirements
Pros
Positive culture, supportive, creative
Cons
none spring to mind
I have been with MB for little over a year now. In this time I joined as an operator and moved my way up to become a floor supervisor.My previous job experience dealing with people on a personal and professional level in a sales and retail enviroment helped in both interviews of becoming an operator and supervisor.The Business is looking for driven and hard working individuals are willing to push the little bit extra and it certainly pays off. The business is willing to push the boat out for people that are willing to work hard and are driven to gain experience and learn new things and they do support you along the way. The new HR and management structure means you are placed with a dedicated manager that rotates with you on all shift Days mids and nights so you get to know your manager and fellow colleagues. Operators are encouraged to engage with team briefs, team meetings and improvements are openly discussed and put forward to engineers and upper management to make the working environment safer and more efficient.Overtime is usually readily available this all depends on the demand which can fluctuate from week to week.The pay as an operator once you have passed training which can usually take between 3-6 weeks is good especially for the hours that you do. Depending on which area of the factory you are placed and on which shift pattern does come with a shift premium which gets added to your base wage. This also bumps up your earning slightly as well which is always a bonus!The holiday allowance is very good.There is plenty of opportunity given time and dedication - more...
Pros
Subesdised canteen, Decent holiday allowance.
Cons
Not everything happens over night!
Horrible place to work, management are clueless and treat experienced staff horrendously. Shifts are horrible and they’re constantly pushing for more quantity over quality. Work environment is noisy, greasy and smells foul, no appreciation for workers and only interactions you’re likely to have with management will be negative ones, no team spirit, very cliquey and the only people that seem to get job advancements are friends of management. Would seriously recommend against working here.
Pros
Pay isn’t terrible
Cons
Too many to list!
Placing sub -tract orders for numerous suppliers. Production meeting on a daily basis. Effective supplier management to achieve stated performance goals and targets. Notification to Programme Manager of any issues not being effectively closed out in timely manner to allow for effective and appropriate escalation and closure. Preparation of weekly and monthly key reporting data for communications at meetings etc. I was involved in resolving invoice queries and proforrma issues with suppliers and play an integral part in cost savings on a daily and weekly basis where possible for the department.
Pros
Flexible working and good team environment
Cons
stressful at times
A bad company to work for. The management are useless and don't know how to do the job. You only get half hour for break. The machines are so run down and smelly.They don't get cleaned very often.
Pros
Going home
Cons
Just a bad place
do not work here if you are a female. That’s all i have to say! you will be prayed upon and you will be undermined! comments daily “oh woman can’t do this job” and if you complain? well, nothing happens at all. just don’t do it.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at MB Aerospace?
Repetitive, tedious with no real career progression . No funded qualifications , that’s a lie. I have a better job now. Management are so stuck in excel spread sheets they don’t care about the shop floor
Pros
Pays okay for region and factory mundane work
Cons
Half hour break all day, no training or progression
MB is a big factory with lots of skill sets. A typical day can be very busy with lots of energy. Management are normally helpful and friendly. It has lots shift patterns which can be demanding but tend to suite different circumstances.
A typical day at work is busy from the word 'go' but is full of satisfaction at the end of day. I have learned how to be organised and structured. I work closely with management and in doing so i feel I created a good working relationship. The hardest part of my job is ensuring jobs are progressed through all departments on time ready for customer despatch, but you feel a real sense of achievement when all deadlines are met. I enjoy working with all departments as we support each other making working relationships a real pleasure.