Mazars Employee Reviews

United Kingdom29 reviews
Mazars
The work culture at Mazars is very flexible and has provided me a great work/life balance which is very important to me. However progression within the firm is very limited.
No staff
Unable to recruit staff to deliver audit in new public sector section meant that we were unable to deliver the quality of audit expected by the client base - and led to no work/life balance and constant fire-fighting
Good environment
The people are friendly and welcoming and the offices are really beautiful. Mazars hot desk which means you can sit anywhere you like, including special sound proof pods
Mazars
Good company to start a career, nice teams and good projects
Payroll Department
Pretty awful place to work, cliche culture, understaffed/overworked and will sell hopes and dreams. There are better paid and greener fields elsewhere
Great place to work.
Mazars is a friendly and great place to work. The staff are lovely and there are always job opportunities.

There are different sectors you can move to and gain experience in.
Productive and nice people.
I was able to work with really good people who helped me enhance my skills in the IT industry. I was taught to build machines off a SCCM server and learned how to troubleshoot Cisco IP phones and faulty monitor displays.
Pros
Nice people
Great for new Graduates
Mazars is a great place to start off your career. The Business develops you as a person and provides opportunities which are helpful for new starters.
Pros
Cons
Work-life balance
Enjoyed
I was a temp here for a number of months and was made to feel incredibly welcome and part of the team. It was a lovely environment to work in working 3 days a week.
Very good place to learn
My main remit was the production of management accounts for my portfolio of clients. Although I also looked after the VAT returns and the production of financial statements on a yearly basis.
Pros
Good education
Personal assistant to corporate tax partner & tax team
Good place to work, as Company was National & International.

Provided confidential PA/Secretarial support to Corporate Tax Partner and Tax Team.

Role was varied on a daily basis and enjoyable.

Good working environment. Employees tended to have worked for business for many years.
Mazars LLP
Friendly atmosphere with approachable staff.
Dealing with a lot strong personalities can be a challenge in itself sometimes, but a great learning curve.
Pros
Easy Hours
Good company
Mazars is a good place to work, with a lot of good helpful people. A typical morning is always busy rearranging meeting rooms for appropriate early meetings, sorting and distribution of post and couriers. Seeing to all staff needs including air con or leak issues as well as issuing new employer security passes or temporary. Keeping an eye at all times of stationery levels including printer and copier toner cartridges and insuring paper levels was always at a good level. Organising couriers of all types ,overseas and inland.
Pros
Casual but always efficient
Cons
New Management
Productive and fun workplace
A typical day at Mazars was interesting as you do not do the same thing everyday, your day would be very varied and have different tasks to do. I have learned many things like better communications skills and analysis skills. There is no hard part about the job. the most enjoyable part is working in teams of projects.
Good place to work.
Great people in the office with good facilities. Busy workloads but good atmosphere to work in.
People are knowledgeable and amiable.Connected to the local community, carrying out plenty of charity work supporting local charities.
Pros
Central location
Cons
Difficult parking
Work hard
Ownership of the whole internal audit process.
Meet deadline is the main concern.

Studying for a professional qualification.

Be prepared to work really long hours and week ends.

Work 99% alone
Pros
ownership and responsibilities in less than 3 months, experience
Cons
long hours, low salary, no recognition
Job Satisfaction
I enjoyed the busy nature of the role. Being a Regional HR Advisor meant that I had to be in 3 offices in one day at times and that alone gave me great job satisfaction as I added great value to the HR function.
Pros
Great responsibilities
Cons
Short Contract
Great worklife balance, great culture, below average salary
The typical day as an internal auditor involves client facing interaction, testing and report writing. The job role requires a lot of travel and diversity in work. The working culture is very forward thinking, young and friendly, and management is very supportive. However, building consistent relationships proves arduous with the level of travel. The way of working is very flexible and you manage your own time
Pros
Flexible way of working
Cons
Salary
An old school style organisation
A rather autocratic environment in need of updating its IT support systems. The firm relies upon some fairly long winded processes but, for permanent members of staff offers many benefits and a relaxed attitude to working from home and tailoring roles for the personal needs of its staff.
Pros
Onsite cafeteria
Cons
Long hours and pressure to obtain results
Generally, hard work softened by congenial co-workers in other departments.
Very busy job working with all departments as Support Administrator also Preparation and Co - ordination of Meeting rooms including some Reception.

Job required plenty of physical energy especially with the Meeting Rooms.

I enjoyed the diversity required for this position. I think keeping on top of the manual filing was the most difficult, but not impossible, given time.
Pros
Free refreshments (hot/cold) whenever you wanted them. Time flew by!
Cons
Public Transport could have been better.
Great place to train
Mazars was a great place to start my career. There was a good amount of support given to staff members whilst they were training for their ACA qualifications and a wide range of clients to work on.
Pros
Support whilst studying