Mazars Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Positive feedback
Senior Consultant/Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Greece20 September 2017
Fantastic staff, very approachable and always willing to answer questions
Good work culture
Flexible working
Good leadership
Less hierarchical
A lot of learning and interaction with influential and successful leaders
Pros
Bonuses not great
Cons
Less training and development programmes than other audit firms
Productive and fun workplace
Tax Assistant (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London2 September 2017
A typical day at Mazars was interesting as you do not do the same thing everyday, your day would be very varied and have different tasks to do. I have learned many things like better communications skills and analysis skills. There is no hard part about the job. the most enjoyable part is working in teams of projects.
Great worklife balance, great culture, below average salary
Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 May 2017
The typical day as an internal auditor involves client facing interaction, testing and report writing. The job role requires a lot of travel and diversity in work. The working culture is very forward thinking, young and friendly, and management is very supportive. However, building consistent relationships proves arduous with the level of travel. The way of working is very flexible and you manage your own time
Pros
Flexible way of working
Cons
Salary
A good company to work for.
Archivist - In (Former Employee) –  London, ENG28 June 2013
I joined Mazars when it was run under a different name. I spent 12 years employed by them and worked during my time there, in many different departments and learnt many skills.
Highly productive and vibrant workplace
Senior article clerk (Current Employee) –  Century City - Cape Town5 October 2012
A typical day at work involves going to clients and performing external audits on their accounting information. I currently co-ordinate junior article clerks and delegate tasks to them. I also monitor budgets and provide feedback to managers regarding the progress of the audit. I also perform the finalisation of the audit which involves reviewing the work of the junior staff and providing feedback on their performance.
Since I have been at Mazars I have learned advanced technical skills in auditing and accounting. I have learned that hard work is rewarded and that each opportunity to prove yourself should be grabbed with both hands.
Management at Mazars is very hands-on and is always available to assist when needed. They are professional and courteous.
My co-workers are all of similar age and interest. They are fun and easy to get along with. They are diligent and competitive which makes for a vibrant work environment.
The hardest part of the job is to stay motivated when faced with a "difficult" client. Staying on the ball and continuously following up is a vital part of the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with different people and industries constantly. One week I might be auditing a boutique hotel and the next I will be sitting in a plastic moulding factory counting plastic caps. The variety is stimulating and interesting.