Maximus
Coronavirus update
Information from Maximus:

Maximus Employee Reviews

United Kingdom61 reviews
Training is good, its a lot easier than I expected, you take blood pressure readings, eye sight tests, hearing tests, all training is done on the equipment, you take cholesterol and glucose tests, step test, bmi, height and weight.
Pros
credit card fuel card, computer, phone, printer.
Cons
You do a lot of driving and stay away from home a lot.
This company are ruthless. You perform 100 % all of the time or get sacked. Anxiety and stress inducing unrealistic blanket targets. No managerial support other than threats. Terrible facilities. Terrible management. Ruined my nursing career by accepting a job with them.
Pros
None i can think of.
Cons
Ridiculous expectationd
I am a current employee. This is one of the best company I worked for. I love my job and the support from my team is excellent and I couldn't ask for any more. We all work as a family and always willing to help each other. When someone in our team asked for help everyone will jump on it to help that person. The help and support we get from our Manager couldn't ask for anymore. Very flexible.
Maximus is a great company to work for, they have a strong and supportive Management team. They encourage you to be the best, they develop their staff to be top performers, recognise and reward hard work. The teams have a great closeness and are competitive but in a fun way. We have a lot of fun at work, the management are open and honest and very approachable. Working for Maximus on the work and Health programme is a very rewarding job. I love my job and love my Team!
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Hard work but rewarding
I enjoyed my three years with Maximus and I would go work again with them if I will go back to UK (currently overseas).The company works well on accomplishing goals and is flexible as needed. Accomplishes own goals quickly and sharply, then assists others to develop easier methods of meeting their goals. You need to be a fast learner, smart and adaptable. They will highly value hardworking employee who accomplishes ambitiously their goals on a daily basis with a can-do attitude. This will be done under the caring and nurturing umbrella. Myself I came from health care background and my reward is supporting people. However, I did enjoy greatly the fun competitions with my colleagues, reaching the targets. My manager was amazing, positive pressure and you could see the ugly part only if people will suffer from chronically laziness. My regional manager supportive as well, never had any issues to ask directly support if needed. One of the best places I worked in my entire career.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Fast pace
I enjoy my work at Maximus; some days are easier, some are difficult, but for both I have a supportive team and even more supportive manager. Targets are stressful but there is a manageable stress and its never boring. The company is flexible and they will look at your circumstances and adapt accordingly.
Pros
Great support
Cons
Training Start
A lot of people fail the training, although this is not too hard if you listen to feedback. The hours are very rigid (9-5 Mon-Fri) which suits a lot of people but there is no flexibility in this so can be difficult for those with other commitments. There is a constant conveyor belt of new people coming in and people leaving as most people do not like the job. The probation period involves jumping through lots of hoops and the audit process is very subjective depending on who is carrying it out. The training and approval process is deliberately vague so people can be terminated easily if their face does not fit. The position will leave you questioning your morality due to the criteria for awarding benefits. Many claimants will complain of they are not awarded benefits and the company does not support you when this happens. I would suggest anyone who takes the role has a back up plan such as locum work as lots of new starters last a few weeks or even less. There are a lot of negative reviews on here but I feel most of these are from those who did not make it through training which in most cases is due to not taking on board feedback or picking up the job quickly enough. Most people who do pass the training (including myself) will leave of their own accord within 2 years.
Pros
Salary amd benefits
Cons
Everything else.
Appalling management who don’t give a hoot about their staff ... I was in the job several years before Maximus took over ... ineffective, incompetent, un-supportive, rude and arrogant management. Managers have no people skills and are unable to communicate with staff effectively and who have no medical experience ... Got their tongues so far up senior managements a***s .... do yourself a favour and don’t waste your know,edge, time, experience or breath with this company 👍🏻 ... unless you want to be a aged by an ex air steward ...
Pros
Cons
Pay, poor management, bullying culture ...
I think in every work place you get good and bad.I really can't express enough how much of a good company they are to work for. For most medical professionals it offers them a challenge and change to the normal way of working.There is lots of progression and a great salary wage.
Pros
Good hours, pay and knowledge
Cons
Do not apply for this job; you will regret it. Huge turn over of healthcare professionals (assessors) despite a good salary says it all. They (the company) cannot retain their staff and cannot even hire new one. According to managers and directors, this is due to the "hard" job and training. An odd argument considering that the majority of healthcare professionals have worked hard to achieve their degrees and they have experience in stressful hospital settings such as ICU and A&E; this also does not explain the company's inability to retain current, established staff. The reality is that the management is the problem being extremely unprofessional, inept and mostly ignorant with regards to medical conditions and diseases, pushing real professionals away from that toxic environment. The job itself does not require any clinical skills despite what the company may claim. Their feedback on your assessments defies medical knowledge and cannot be taken seriously, examples of some feedback received: “the client may have benefited from glasses”, not really when the cause of his/her blindness was not related to an eye refractive deficit but due to a neurological problem after suffering from a stroke (occipital lobe); or “you conclusion is not medically based...hyppocampal sclerosis does not cause dementia type symptoms...”, when a letter from the client's consultant neurologist clearly stated the contrary. Don't bother to discuss their feedback with them; it will be seen as a “challenge” to the status quo and goes nowhere apart from putting your name on their blacklist. They - more...
Pros
good starting salary
Cons
everything else
Huge staff turnover, I think that says it all. Very stressful work environment, heavily rewarded financially. Limited opportunities within the company
Pros
nine to five hrs
Cons
Very stressful work environment
Working at Maximus is very stressful the managers they don't really care about you there mo support i always feel anxiety going in to work is terrible. Today i had a manager telling me to shut up when i was explaining a situation out to him like really how can a manager tell his staff to shut up it's not done anywhere that was very rude and on ethic of him to speak in that manner,
All i want to say they just push men and women in to jobs they can not do. Like you want day work they give you night work to them its all about money.
Worked with an amazing and diverse team, made life long friends.However, the company is too target driven. It's impossible to give the clients the best service due to this. Management have no idea how hard staff are working and the workplace culture is problematic. Glad i left, i hope the company learn from the reviews and make the changes required to keep their staff.
Fast paced and at times stressful, but each day different learning opportunities. Good, friendly working colleagues who give good support to each other in a difficult job
I enjoyed my time. The team was good to work with and area management was good too. Some administration issues as some get a little too enthusiastic about their role and believe that any new starter is below them in intelligence and professionalism. Stand your ground.
Working for MAXIMUS has been singularly the worst work experience I have ever had in 25 years of professional experience. Poor salaries, no bonuses, no professional training, no salary progression, no advancement and no respect and/or recognition for all the hard work and professional judgement that you may attempt to deliver in the execution of your role. If you complain about the endless torrent of work you are met with blank stares before the managers (if you can call them that) turn around and walk off! They give you an objective and then they set about placing as many obstacles as they can in your way to prevent you from achieving it (as they deliberately don't hire enough staff) and then penalise you for not achieving it, using a ridiculous AI platform known as TCSS to do so, setting you up to fail you. They don't hire enough staff as they are desperate to save money and reap the maximum reward. This policy of investing the least possible to attempt to reap the maximum reward applies to the rest of their business as well. The Business Managers and Regional Managers force-feed you with an endless deluge of administration work when your job title is supposed to be Employment Coach, because they refuse to hire the correct number of administrators. It matters not if you have produced a high quality of work throughout the month either. All these harassing, disrespectful and inflexible excuses of managers demand is job starts, stats and targets targets targets! If you don't achieve it (if you're not actually superhuman) they will happily manage you out and think it - more...
I enjoyed working with Maximus as an advisor and found the job to be varied and enjoyable. A typical day would entail seeing several customers a day to support them into work and assist with their every day needs. Management were always available for support and any training needs as required to assist with personal improvement. The staff were friendly and helpful and we all enjoyed a good work/life balance.
Handles ATM and banking transactions.New graduates are given opportunity and equal rights.Good place to explore and enhance your skills.Opportunity to work onsite.
The Manchester company is a dreadful place to work. The staff look out for each other and if your face fits then you're ok. No company morals. I can't believe I left a physio career for a period of time to basically interview people and ask them misleading questions and trying to sneakily obtain information from them in an attempt to see if they're entitled to benefit or not. The customers don't like you and it affects your mental health too
Very polite and supportive colleagues. A lot of potential to progress and move forward and onto other things. Some times very busy and some times paced well.