Matthew Clark Employee Reviews

insecure work place
Drivers Mate (Current Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire2 May 2018
Unfortunatley some of the office staff make this a horrible place to work. The office staff bring their home problems to work which causes them to lose focus and perform unprofessionally & have also been known to punish people for taking days off SICK, which is also in my opinion absolutely ridiculous.
Pros
wage
Cons
unsecurity
Great crew to work with
Stockroom Manager (Current Employee) –  Shepton Mallet, Somerset17 March 2018
Around an 8 hour day, can be more sometime less depending on workload. Best part is the crew, all great to work with. Can be stressful at times but company is trying to move forward.
Pros
Great friends and teamwork
No life outside of work
Drivers Mate (Former Employee) –  Thorp Arch17 March 2018
Excessive hours, job and knock ...... meaning they will keep you out as long as they like and you can't do anything about it due to your contract.
Chances are there to progress from drivers mates to gaining your class 2 license.
productive
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  London NW102 March 2018
• Warehouse operative
• Voice Picking
• Stock Control
• use the electric Pump Truck
the job required speed, knowing how to collaborate with one's colleagues and sometimes it was necessary to control the stocks.
No longer the same Company
Stock Controller (Former Employee) –  Birmingham1 February 2018
Started working in the warehouse nearly 15 years ago driving FLT's, when I started it was a great place to work for, working 8 hour days, well managed, clean safe environment and felt appreciated for what you did, over the years it's changed a lot and recently aquired new owners and now they expect you to work 9-10 hour days sometimes longer and only get paid for 8 and slowly phasing in working 5 days in 7 (i.e weekends), more emphasis on customer satisfaction than that of the employee = low morale and a high staff turnover rate.

The Company moto is The Experience Matters, not much of the experience left there now.
Pros
Uniform, free drinks & parking thats about it
Cons
Poor work life balance, Salary, High staff turnover
Fun and healthy working environment
Accounts Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol21 January 2018
Everyone was extremely helpful and lovely. There was a very productive working environment and the facilities were very good.
I learnt a lot about data management and dealing with invoices.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long commute
Excellent company to work for
Drivers Mate/Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Park Royal17 November 2017
Only disappointment is the location it is not close to where I reside.

I still work for Matthew Clarke Park Royal and enjoy working there but find it extremely difficult to get to as I live in Isleworth.
Pros
good management
Cons
Location - too far from home
Ignorance and false promises
Class 2 driver (Former Employee) –  Glasgow15 September 2017
Overall good place to work. Great place for brand new drivers to gain experience. Majority of the staff- nice and friendly. Lot of heavy lifting involved-so you really need to be fit. New fleet. PPE available on request.
The only problem I've noticed is lack of training for the transport office staff. Some of the people defo shouldn't be there with their attitude to the drivers!
Also quite often false promises unfortunately....
Pros
Great for newly qualified drivers, friendly staff
Cons
Some weeks may be 50+h long, false promises
Good work environment
Drivers Mate (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands31 August 2017
A typical day at work is starting at 6 o'clock in the morning going to a variety of area with the Midlands delivering soft and alcoholic drinks. Our main objective is to unload goods into a customers place of work safely.We use equipment such as pump trucks,ropes,sack trolleys and bump mats to carry out our work. Working for Matthew Clark has taught me how to deal with customers and satisfying their needs under any circumstance. The hardest part about the job is constant lifting I would say but because I have being this job for 5 years I feel totally comfortable. I find it benefits me at the same time as I feel it keeps me fit. I'd say the most enjoyable part of the job is travelling to different cities on a day to day basis.
Fun, fast paced friendly environment
Telesales Executive (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol30 August 2017
Customer focused, fast paced contact centre processing orders and supporting external and internal customer enquiries to company deadlines. Sociable and supportive staff and management team with regular product training to ensure excellent customer service is provided.
Pros
Free parking, free hot and cold drinks
Pressure
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Isle of Wight11 August 2017
Too much paperwork and hoops to jump through! Instead of allowing sales people to sell they were constantly pulled from one project to another and very rarely allowed to concentrate on what they do well which s sell.
They are very good at educating about wine and the companies they work closely with. They had a very tight working environment and you had to do certain tasks daily which were monitored.
Keeping up with the tick box exercises and worrying about hitting targets set by head office to monitor sales people.
Jollies with our partners were always a highlight within the company and access to sporting events as a reward for hitting sales targets.
Pros
Wine trips
Cons
Long hours and ticking boxes
Brilliant
Services Executive /Telesales Executive (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol11 July 2017
Taking and reviewing orders from major leisure chains, Making sure all telesales had completed orders correctly and when not investigate why.
The team I worked on was a great team that helped each other when needed
Pros
Good teamwork and colleagues
productive
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol7 June 2017
Nice place to work, good perks, discounted booze, nice office, nice canteen, friendly people, Breakfast day on Friday, Dress down Friday, get to try booze before it sells in shops
Graft on
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Runcorn, Cheshire19 April 2017
Was really enjoyable on permanent nights money was great even on 0 hour contract 90% wage £10.50 per hour order picking, salary based gets busy at holiday times, eg Christmas, easter, and race days.
Good company with nice people
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham7 March 2017
Good company with which you can reach experience in the forklift and ppt and voicepicking you can also gain experience in handling the pressing machines cartons and plastic.
Cons
Basic hours
good job
Drivers Mate (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire1 February 2017
good place to work but hard job Typical day; Assisting drivers with unpacking, loading / unloading, ensuring excellent customer service when delivering.
Pleased
HGV Class 2 Driver (Former Employee) –  Park Royal Station17 January 2017
This company was great to work for. The training opportunities are great. One of the largest companies in the EU. I was here for many years ad enjoyed every part of it.
Cracking
Multi-drop driver (Current Employee) –  Dartford7 November 2016
Just fab great place to work great vehicles and well looked after cracking members of staff all managers are very helpful
Pros
Getting out and about
Cons
No over time
happy place at times
Drayman (Former Employee) –  Crayford25 October 2016
it was a fun place to work shame about the way it was run at the time i was there however this may have now changed . i made some good friends working at there
Pros
happy work place
Cons
very long hours
Drivers Mate (Current Employee) –  Across the UK17 October 2016
Typical day; Assisting drivers with packing / unpacking, loading / unloading, ensuring excellent customer service when delivering.
Excellent mngement
Pros
Hard Working Team, good management