Matanuska Valley Federal Credit Union

Matanuska Valley Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Poor management. Advancement nearly impossible. Low team morale. No recognition ever. Not a place I would recommend to someone looking for a lifetime career.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Pretty much everything else
I really enjoyed the environment and the ability to grow within the company. The company really cares about its employees as opposed to viewing them as "just a number".
Overloading with responsibilities and no appreciation shown for it. Upper management is not concerned with anything other than themselves. Pay is not competitive at all.
I used to work for this company and it was really wonderful going to the interview, training, and learning activities until..... When I actually got to my job location and It was: Slow No structure Management was barely there They allowed the lead teller to be manager when manager wasn’t present. I’ve always got in trouble for not doing the wrong things the lead teller told me to do. They fired me for no reason They come up with bad and false assumptions about you. The lead teller was telling on everyone No growth promotion unless your kissing butt
Unless you are a favorite you will NEVER advance with this company. They treat employees as if the are expendable and dont really care to correct bad management. Under trained and high stress.
Pros
Members
Cons
Everything else.
This is a job that carries a lot of responsibility, but thankfull each task is something that can be done in a cooperative effort. This is what makes MVFCU so fun to work at.
Pros
Rewards, pay raises
Cons
Rush hour
This company was enjoyable to work for. It allowed room for advancement, training, certificates on merit classes, while providing a team orientated environment.
Good place to work for a beginner. The pay is not competitive and they massively increase responsibility without compensation. I had 5 departments added to my responsibilities without compensation increase
a typical day at work is very routine. there are always those who you know by first name. I learned lots of this about the banking industry and how investments work. the hardest part of the job was not being able to satisfy the member's needs.
I worked as a contact center representative in Palmer Alaska at MVFCU 1020 South Bailey St. There was a lot to learn in a short amount of time. Work environment was average with typical and very routine work days.
Great job, a lot of good people work there. Wish there was a branch open in Anchorage. Work was a lot of the same transactions. Most of the interesting things were covered by the real estate office and/or member service representatives.
Upper management does not listen to any of the concerns of the people that are working the front lines. If there are any problems that you have if you discuss them, the easiest thing for them to do is let you go from the job. If you don't personally know someone you can forget any kind of advancement.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
poor management
Enjoyed good team mates and the work invironment in general is super fun. Quality work ethic. Job well done by all.