Masterclass Education

Masterclass Education Employee Reviews

Works hard to make sure you have work coming in. Actively find appointments for you, even if it is a quiet period in schools Staff are always friendly and polite.
I have recently left Masterclass after working for them for a few months and it is probably one of the worst companies I’ve worked for. They advertise a lot of work “in your area” and good salary, but truth is: you get paid 53£ a day to work Monday to Friday IF YOU ARE LUCKY. They take your preferences and make you feel like they care, but they won’t respect them (like I said I didn’t want to work in SEN and they reassured me they had mainstream schools - I was never put in one) they will just put you where they need it (aka, school where no one wants to go to) and then you get stuck on an “on-call” routine - they call you at 7 am to be in a random school that you don’t know anything about, ask you to be there at 8:30 max, won’t pay for your travelling. The disorganization is unreal and when you complain they say “well, this is how it is to work for an agency”. Since they treated me like a puppet and reminded me so often that that’s what “zero hour contract is”, i left without notice. Everyone is unhappy in there, get a grip.
Very supportive colleagues and friendly place. There are numerous CPD opportunities especially with the current changes in the curriculum. I mostly enjoyed working with Education London consultants. Their workshops on maths mastery were fantastic and an opportunity for me to broaden my maths teaching skills. This prepared for future maths leadership opportunities.