Masons Arms Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
GLASS COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  Bourne, Lincolnshire25 April 2019
A typical day at work could be disrespectful people in the workplace and making my shifts bad. It’s a small place and gets stressing at times but over all it’s a lovely place to work in
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
Not much to do
Would not recommend.
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire8 April 2019
I have just left employement at the masons arms
If you want depression, to be unappreciated and to get kicked whilst your already down then work here.
After working here for a month I have been treated with complete disrespect
The bosses and managers don't care about the welfare of their own employees a number of staff members have had episodes of depression and have never been checked on by higher members off staff
They unfortunately do not have their own chef so its all agency which is a serious hit and miss.
The atmosphere of the place is so depressing and negative you might only work some shifts for an hour and a half an go home.
You won't always get payed on time or the right money and don't ask about tips you'll get around £20 out of what you earn for the month.
You'll revieve no breaks at all and work long shifts if you need a toilet break you'll probably be holding it for an hour or so.
They offer no stability and you can't speak to any off the managers or bosses in confidence they will treat you like your beneath them and often look at you as though your dirt.
Pros
The locals are amazing
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, no stability or support
Busy
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Blyth4 July 2018
Can be a fun enviroment to work in but at times it becomes a very busy place but with a great team of staff and friends around it is an extremely rewarding place to work and visit.
Pros
Staff and Most Locals
Cons
Area Manager
Quiet pub, with a great atmosphere.
Waiter and Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Kemberton4 July 2018
A typical day at work wasn't too busy, as it was always quite a quiet pub. I learnt how to make desserts in the style of the masons arms. The hardest part of the job, was when there was not a lot left to do around the place, but I still had to try and look busy. The most enjoyable part of working there was meeting new faces every day, and developing a rapport which brings people back.
Productive, Efficient and Enjoyable
Barman and Waiter (Current Employee) –  Martley13 June 2018
Includes general bar duties alongside waiting on tables and administration duties of taking bookings and cancellations and communicating these changes to other staff members and organizing tables.I listen well too instructions and ensure customers needs are met. Working in the service industry, being a clear and efficient communicator has put me in good stead.
This has been a key part of my roles in terms of product knowledge and distribution within the service industry.
Being clear minded and able to take in information and details quickly whether that be taking orders or handling bookings and product knowledge within all areas of my employment.
Pros
Friendly working environment and Staff-Employer relations
Cons
No Cons
I can be fun working their but I can be very stressful also
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Gargrave, North Yorkshire14 November 2017
The masons Arms is a very friendly atmosphere in general, it’s usually very busy at night and on the weekends, it’s fast service on steady nights and many people give compliments on the food, staff and service in general along with a good atmosphere, being a waitress there can be stressful on some nights as it does get very busy but if it’s a steady night work there is very good.
Pros
Nice customers who are regulars, nice staff
Cons
I work on my own most shifts
allowed me to develop life skills to use in a workplace
Glass Collector (Former Employee) –  Waunarlwydd, Swansea10 September 2017
I would be asked to work whenever there was a busy day, I would have to collect glasses and load and unload the dishwasher. I was also asked to refill any fridges that needed filling so that the bar staff would always have stock. The hardest part of the job was working under pressure when it was an extremely busy day. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people, working as a team and learning new skills.
Not enough job security
Barmaid/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Warminster, Wiltshire19 July 2017
Other staff were nice. However, i wasnt able to get regular hours. The manager left sonI was left without a job. I learnt how to use a till and pour drinks.
Good Place to Work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake District UK8 January 2017
Great environment with a hard working team. Helped me gain skills and worked up to assistant Manager. Really good place for seasonal staff. The Mason's taught me how to up sell on food and drink while keeping the customers best interest at heart.
Pros
Free Food
hard work long hours
Chef (Former Employee) –  Frome20 October 2016
hard job unsociable hours, good team to work with, management ok but not always fair, very few weekends off or not much tome off at Christmas
Pros
good money
lovely workplace
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Frome25 August 2016
A fun atmosphere to work in with great management team to work alongside and a team of talented chefs.
Great regulars to chat to and have fun with whilst working.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Can be quiet.
A very happy environment
kitchen porter (Current Employee) –  Yeovil6 May 2016
The Masons arms is a very safe and welcoming work place. Its also clean and tidy. Everyone gets welcomed with a warm smile and greeting. Its nice to go into work and everyone's getting along and feeling confident to communicate with everyone else.
Friendly and enjoyable workplace.
Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire7 March 2016
The Mason Arms (or The Masons) is a small pub in Bourne. Each member of staff is really kind, helpful and full of character; The customers are also full of character too.
To be apart of the team is an experience in its self because it is like a family at The Masons Arms.
It can be hard at its busiest but that's to be expected, as long as the customers are happy, I am too.
I'd recommend anyone to come and see this pub as you are all welcome.
Stressful workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Hindley Green, ENG30 November 2015
A typical day at work is stressful but we get through it.
I have learnt how to deal with difficult people in a calm way.
The hardest part of my job is having members off staff who bully me- this is why I need a new job so I don't have to be in a situation like this again.
Pros
The pros are you get your dinner and tea when you are working on a double shift
Cons
We aren't allowed to buy drinks off the bar. We have to bring our own drinks in.
excellent
Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Rotherham, ENG30 July 2015
Postive working place enthusiastic and very friendly willing to leave as wanting a career and new challenge. Customers within this working environment are fantastic and great to deal with and atmosphere fantastic.
Pros
free drinks
Fun workplace
Bar Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rotherham, ENG21 July 2014
work with public on a one to one basis,
deal with customer complaints
complete courses that are essential for food and alcohol handling
deliver good customer service
deal with stock management
barrel changing
support members of staff that may be new or unsure what they are doing
Pros
social aspect, training
Fun and productive workplace
Marketing Assistant/Bar (Former Employee) –  Warminster1 October 2013
This is a good job for money, hours and no desire to progress.
Always on the move
Barman (Current Employee) –  Solihull, ENG31 July 2013
Hard work at all times, dealing with diffrent types of customers, meeting new people.
Hard work long hours, but fun
Landlord (Former Employee) –  Pontypool16 August 2012
my role as a public house landlord was challenging on a day to day basis, but with excellent staff around me the job was made all that easier,my people skills were taken to another level catering for characters from all walks of life, i found that it was very rewarding to create functions where upon every body enjoyed them selves. Unfortunately the property management company in charge of the premises were not happy with just taking the rent they also had their hands in the till which spoiled the fun for every one especially the people who mattered the customers.
Pros
creating community spirit
Cons
unreasonable out goings