Marwell Wildlife Employee Reviews

Nice environment
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winchester27 January 2018
Generally a nice place to work, provides plenty of customer service experience. Friendly staff, lots of opportunity for students to find work.
Unfortunately weekend working required so may not suit everyone
Pros
Discounted tickets
Cons
Weekend working
Internship, couldn't provide a detailed summary.
Biodiversity Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Colden Common23 June 2017
Internship, couldn't provide a detailed summary. Pleasant place to work, with pleasant people. It's a zoo with a conservation ethic, what more could you ask for?
Great Atmosphere
Environmental Services staff memeber (Former Employee) –  Winchester, Hampshire1 May 2017
Working at Marwell was absolutely great. The park was a very rewarding place to work as the job wasn't stressful and the staff were lovely to work with.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Bad weather
Fun place to work
Catering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winchester, Hampshire29 March 2017
It is a brilliant place to work for the younger generation, for a first job it is ideal. It is a tough place to work in regards to summer periods. I have enjoyed working here over the past 3 and half years.
Pros
Free lunches, 31 days holiday, free entry into zoo and discounted tickets.
Cons
Sometimes not able to have a lunch break or a toilet break due to it being too busy.
Marwell Wildlife Catering Department
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marwell Wildlife, SO21 1JH6 June 2014
My average day at work has a variation of jobs on a daily basis from the following: Washing Cutlery, Plates and Catering Cooking Equipment to assist in busy times of operation or when positioned there for the day. Stocking up the main Cafeteria, Clearing and disinfecting tables & sweeping the floor. Catering outlets when Required means Operating tills and filling in record paper work such as float details such as date, location, plus operators name and signature. Plus taking a list of stock that needs replenishing for the next days work.
Generally speaking Management is very good, easy to speak to, and a laugh. they promote team member bonding through outside arranged social events open to all etc (Bowling, Pub & house parties). They offer you and match as many shifts they have required to the amount you would like to work. This job thanks to the management and zero hour contract is perfect for a part time job whilst studying at college due to great flexibility.
My co workers are all around the same age mostly ranging between 16-24 years of age. They are all very nice people to work around and are all very nice young natured welcoming people. Working alongside my co workers is very pleasant making work enjoyable rather than being more like a chore.
The hardest bit of my job would be when we are extremely busy is the lunch time rush keeping up in pot-wash, with the two members of staff placed through the day until the end were help if offered for finishing up on time.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when keeping up and over performing myself throughout a days work.
  more... When told this in person by the managers or supervisors what a good job i have done, this personally is the most enjoyable & motivating part of my job leaving me wanting to keep it up & to constantly improve.
I personally myself would highly recommend Marwell Wildlife Catering Department for a first time student job. Overall Marwell is a great working environment and nice place to work but just like all companies has its pros and cons but with very few cons to the amount of pros and benefits. I would say its a no brainier this should be a must work place for the variety of work and experiences gained through working at Marwell Wildlife
Pros
Free Lunches, Flexible Shifts, happy working environment, job variation & sociable interactions with the public

Want to know more about Marwell Wildlife?

Ask a question