Martin & Co Employee Reviews

Productive work place
Receptionist/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Leamington Spa, Warwickshire5 December 2017
Good office to work in, good communication with staff. Good incentives. Good work/life balance. Great training provided for all staff and possibilities to progress
Not the best
Apprentice Sales Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Loughborough30 November 2017
I was an apprentice at the company and its not the best company to work for.

Little to no training, when you get asked what to do, you get belittled and they are quick to point out your mistakes.
Pros
Decent wage for apprentices
Cons
Little to no training, Staff unhelpful
A good place to work
Sales and Lettings Administrator (Former Employee) –  North Yorkshire19 October 2017
Martin & Co is in a great location and provides a good work life balance. It's a small company so you get to do a variety of tasks, but the downside is you're sometimes in the only person in the office for an entire day if others are out on viewings.

The culture could be more structured, but I enjoyed working there and enjoyed the team I worked with.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Very small team
I would never recommend anyone to work here
Sales & Lettings Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Blackpool10 August 2017
I worked here last year and I wanted to leave due to the management not being able to do there job properly. This year I was approached again and asked to go back as they 'really needed someone like me on the team'. They promised things would be different but this time they were even worse. They had opened an other office which they couldn't run properly and it was causing a lot of staff to leave. My pay was wrong every month which they didn't sort for me. So when I handed in my notice and left the company, the owner was telling people he had sacked me when this clearly wasn't the truth, as I had posted my notice with the date and emailed the notice at the same time. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work for the company, if they are looking for a secure job.
Cons
Have worked for better companies.
Full-time Property Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tonbridge11 July 2017
Job role is very much demanding and intensive for a minimum wage hourly rate. Poorly managed and not enough support is given to staff. No team work.
Beware the owner
Lettings Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Banbury, Oxfordshire18 June 2017
Franchisee's have almost unlimited power. Not worth the money to get dragged into their emotional rubbish. Seriously impacts on the working day, morale and motivation.
Good workplace
Lettings Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burgess Hill, West Sussex6 June 2017
Martin & Co are lovely to work for. We all work together as a team and the management side is excellent. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that your helping people find there perfect home.
productive and fun workplace
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, Oxfordshire30 March 2017
checking emails, arranging maintenance, booking check outs and conducting them, answering the phone. office environment was pleasant. managed 210 properties.
enjoy every aspect of my role
Pros
Good salary
Cons
too far to travel
Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire27 March 2017
Small branch in Northampton. Very nice atmosphere to work in. Boss is great as are collleagues. Some days can be slow with very few enquiries or work to be done. Otherwise an awesome place to work.
Pros
Cons
Some days can be slow
Fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Macclesfield, Cheshire1 March 2017
M&co was an upbeat work place with strong management and a lively atmosphere. I enjoyed working there because I had the opportunity to use my skills in communication with our clients frequently. This made the job very interesting.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Short lunches

Want to know more about Martin & Co?

Ask a question
Fast-paced and enjoyable sales environment
Lettings Negotiator (Former Employee) –  London, United Kingdom21 December 2016
When i first started at Martin & co estate agency I was completely new to working in a sales environment. However during the short time I was there, I picked it up quickly and progressed massively. I learned a lot about customer interaction, selling skills but also administration during my time there.

On any given day it was my job as sole Lettings Negotiator to speak with potential and current clients on the phone in order to build relationships, conduct viewings and see any deals through from start to finish which even involved the actual negotiating process between the potential tenant and landlord.

By the end of my time there I had made the company more profit than the four previous negotiators they had employed had combined.

My most enjoyable part of this job was meeting new people and building relationships with them, as this is something I have always been fond of.
Good Work Experience
Property Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Westbury12 December 2016
A typical day at work consists of answering the phones and dealing with tenants and landlords. I have learned many things about the property market and how competitive it is. The management is ok but I do not enjoy working with my bosses for reasons. My co-workers are very nice and I enjoy getting to know them. The hardest part of the job is having to work 40 hours per week and getting no money for doing it. The most enjoyable part of the job is the team.
Pros
It being close to home
Cons
Having no money and working long hours
Very difficult place to work. Oppressive work place environment
Administration Manager (Former Employee) –  Canterbury, ENG8 October 2015
Unfortunate that the Company has become very 'family top heavy'. The culture is very negative and is prone to blame rather than support it's staff. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the pleasant clients, tenants, contractors and staff.
Pros
basic health care, basic Company pension
Cons
negative work place culture
Great company to improve existing knowledge in Sales and Lettings
Property Manager (Sales & Lettings) (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, ENG2 June 2015
• Building the rapport and development existing relationships with clients to ensure that all customers receive a timely, professional, efficient, roundly and personalised service
• Market and sell clients services and products
• Supporting the Letting & Sales team
• Checking and adhering to landlords` management instructions
• Issuing instructions for safety inspections including gas safety checks
• Conduct property visits
• Issuing instructions for management inspections and reporting to landlords
• Advising Landlords/managing agents of repairs.
• Arranging contractors to resolve repairs, maintenance and refurbishments
• Obtaining estimates, issuing works orders and paying invoices
• Liaising with accounts regarding payments, invoices and statements
• Serving appropriate notices, where the landlord or tenant wishes to end a tenancy like: Section 21, Section 8, Section 48, Section 13 and other
• Responding immediately to any lack of security or essential services, or any danger to tenants or the public associated with landlords` property
• Receiving End of Tenancy Reports, advising landlords and tenants of charges on tenants` deposits for cleaning, repairs or replacements.
• Finalising the release of the security deposit on the relevant parties in line with the scheme rules
• Manage the deposit release and deposit dispute resolution process
• Book inventories & check outs
• Liaising with landlords and resolving tenant enquiries and issues
• Work towards targets to maximise revenue and Service Level Agreements
• Taking calls from tenants and landlords, resolving
  more... any problems  less
Abingdon Office - Property Manager (Oct 14 - Jan 15)
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Abingdon21 January 2015
The job was good, the office is lovely, the Director was very reasonable adjusting the job from 5 days to 4 days so that I could continue charity work. The role was manageable.

The only reason I left was because the job did not suit me.

I recommend Martin & Co. Abingdon.
Pros
Parking permit
Lettings Manager (Current Employee) –  Bebington, ENG26 November 2014
Thoroughly enjoy my current position, however I am now looking to relocate.
Office Manager
Sales and Lettings Manager (Current Employee) –  Worthing7 August 2014
I love working for this company, I started back in May and I have total support from Head Office and especially my Regional Franchise Manager. I have worked for independent agencies as well as the big corporates, I can honestly say that this company has it just right.
Pros
All - Good Support, Perfect Working Hours
Fun, challenging, intense, rewarding
Lead Trainer (Current Employee) –  National6 August 2014
Worked for Martin and co for over 4 years. Great intense environment, rewarding work.
Cons
Great company who puts employees first
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth6 August 2014
I thoroughly enjoy working for Martin & Co. All of my colleagues are hardworking and easy to get along with.

The management is fantastic and we are always being encouraged to push ourselves further in order to progress our careers.

We are all encouraged to have a good work/life balance and when 5.30pm comes our Managers are telling us to go home and enjoy our evenings, this is great because it makes you WANT to go the extra mile for them.

All in all, a fantastic company to work for. If you want to work hard and be appreciated for it, then Martin & Co. is definitely the company for you!
Enjoyable team environment with Directors Involvement
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Cirencester, ENG2 July 2014
A self motivated role, where self discipline and organisational skills are paramount.
Pros
Busy day, but 5.00pm finish
Cons
Long journey to work