Marstons Employee Reviews

Call agent (Former Employee) –  Waltham abbey20 January 2018
Enjoyed my time at this company and the work load was achievable and very interesting. I enjoyed helping people to make better choices and the right decisions so financially they could afford to pay their fines.
Bad management
Front of House Staff (Current Employee) –  Farnsfield, Nottinghamshire5 December 2017
The management treat you unfairly and decide when they want you and when they don’t regardless on the fact you’re meant to be a full time member of staff with a house to pay for!!!
Pros
Teams lovely
Cons
Late nights
fun working environment
KITCHEN ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Doncaster4 November 2017
Fun place to work, staff are always nice to work with and your always busy, dont get breaks as often as you should, and they arnt set hours you get a minimum hour contract.
Fun
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Halesowen, West Midlands1 October 2017
It’s a good place to work
Meet really nice people
My boss was a lovely person she always made sure I knew what I was doing and that I understood
The work she had given to me
Pros
Free food
Cons
Not too bad just very full on
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Staffordshire14 September 2017
Not too bad to work for with good benefits and treated well just very full on. Already working 10 hour shifts 5 days a week to then be asked to work additional 4 hours most days was a lot. Being as I was on part time hours
Pros
% off
Fun and hardworking
Kitchen Staff/Waitress (Current Employee) –  Weedon Beck13 September 2017
I enjoy working for Marston's we have a lot of fun in the work place but at the same time it is a very productive job. Everyone who works there is very welcoming.
Pros
Friendly staff
Don't bother. Ok for students maybe.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  ashford12 September 2017
Worse management I have ever come across.Terrible working conditions. Will work you like a dog for no extra pay or gratitude. Zero hour contracts. Low pay. What else can I say?
Pros
Nice local, some great staff, weekly pay
Cons
management, pay, job security, lack of professionalism
Enjoyed It
Picker Packer (Former Employee) –  Mansfield30 August 2017
I worked as a pick packer during the summer, the hours were unsociable but weekly pay and the amount of overtime hours available really made up for the unsocial job itself.
Pros
Weekly money
Good company
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Ilminster, Somerset18 August 2017
I worked for marsdons after I finished school it was a great a first job with good pay and good hours. Uniform was privided and training was done in paid hours
Nice work atmosphere
Waitress/Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Welshpool, Powys7 August 2017
It can be hard work and a busy and stressful environment to work in but it could be a new and good experience if your not used to working with people , as it can help boost your confidence and improve your people skills.
Pros
Enjoyable
Cons
The pay isn't very good
Awful place to work
Line chef (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire3 August 2017
Manager was abusive to all staff, wouldn't allow me time off to adjust to new medication which led to me being sick in the yard bins and having to go home anyway. Yelled at me in front of all of my coworkers, making me cry and leave my job immediately. No job progression even after being there for a year.
Also had to pay full price for food on your break.
Busy and social
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands28 July 2017
I learned how to deal with difficult situations which improved my problem solving skills. Management was very understanding and enjoyable. The hardest part about the job was when the pub was incredibly busy and having to deal disputes between customers. It was also difficult having to work until 3am sometimes 3:30am. The most enjoyable part of the job was serving the regulars and creating friendships. This made the atmosphere fun and enjoyable to work.
Pros
half price food
the licensed trade
Public House Manager (Current Employee) –  Beverley, East Riding of Yorkshire12 July 2017
I have worked long hours for 32 years and need to step down from this and have some quality home life.
I am used to working as a team and working towards targets.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
working long hours
Not exactly the right place.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire9 July 2017
The restaurant I was working in for Marstons company helped me manage my English which is my second language, however it also shows me how manipulative people were over there.
good team
Waitress and Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  stoke bruene15 June 2017
I learnt a lot from working for marstons on how to work as a team. at a fast pace, making sure customers were happy, on how to serve customers and get the job done at a high standard, the hardest part of the job was when we would be under staffed and extremely busy as you have to deal with complaining customers and making sure you're not falling behind. but the most enjoyable part would be that you all work as a team we all would get on and the hard work would always pay off.
Cons
no break
Fun work place with great staff
Sales and Service (Current Employee) –  Aldridge2 June 2017
I love working here I've learnt so much. great staff to work along side and the costumer's are a pleasure. hours vary depending on your role at the harp. Waitressed generally work between the hours of 12 till 11 latest
Pros
management
Cons
unsocial hours
Friendly enough environment
Waitress and Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire31 May 2017
It can be an enjoyable company to work for, you meet new people. Make new friendships & interesting customers.
The hours can be long & hard work. Especially when its really busy.
Pros
Reasonably good tips
Every day was different
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Watchfield16 May 2017
the staff were lovely and made me feel very welcome.
I would vary my hours throughout the weeks.
every day was different depending on how busy it was throughout the week.
My first job
Waitress and Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Newbridge, Caerphilly12 May 2017
This was my first ever job and what a fantastic one it was, would seriously love to go back, management were amazing and very flexible although at the time i didnt have family commitments so could work whenever they needed me as i lived in tthe same town at the time it was a short walk away and was always first to be called if needed on my day off and i always agreed as i was offered a cheeky free lunch
Pros
Very thoughtful company
Cons
None what so ever
Productive workplace
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Wrexham, Wrexham7 May 2017
A typical day working in the local pub would basically consist of going in to work for 6pm and pretty much run the bar area for the night and make sure that the business ran as professionally and productive as possible.