Marstons Plc

Marstons Plc Employee Reviews

United Kingdom659 reviews
N/a
Poor head office management, fast paced, busy environment, pleasant customers, good staff to work with, fun work place, not a lot of chance to progress within the company as they don't allow this often
Overall good experience
Having been a head chef for a few years beforehand, Marston's had good induction procedures and a rigorous training programme.

The area managers were all friendly that I met and really were at the end of the phone if need be.

As with most high-street restaurant chains there is a high staff turn-over, but this provides a great vehicle for progression for the right candidates and entry level team members can easily find themselves moving up the 'ladder' as they gain experience.
Pros
Great staff discount
Cons
hard to get personal time with loved ones because of weekends, evenings or bank holidays
a nice place to work
very friendly staff working there evolved my bartender skills
the weekend days are busy but the atmosphere is always fun and everyone is looks to deliver good services as fast as possible
Pros
nice atmosphere
Cons
Friendly staff, nice work environment
Good place to work, really nice members of staff, able to do flexible hours around my studies. Management always there if you needed help, overall a really good place to work.
I really enjoyed the job
Loved my job the team was a team which was like a family treated well by others enjoyed learning and progressing along the way my manager always helped us build higher which was lovley, would of stayed in this job if I didnt have bad depression but my manager was supportive and amazing throughout and always said when I'm ready to come back I could.this was in dover melanie perkins a
Challenging, but honest work
I was a Kitchen Assistant at a Marston's Gastropub for 9 months for my first job. I'm fairly certain that I was given the job by virtue of being the only person that applied, but nonetheless I gave it my all. Such positions are great for first-time workers/ students, provided you are willing to work hard, show up on time and negotiate with fellow staff members.
Chaos
From day one, very little coordination from senior management.
Mixed messages, depleted team, poor morale and so much more.

Job role was reasonably well defined but working regulations were almost impossible to adhere to.
Great team enjoyed working for Marston's and definitely would again in the future. If you are looking for a fast paced work enviorent working as part of a team the this is a place I would recommend
marstons
love working for marstons. They are very pro progressions yet family orientated. Very helpful keep on top of training. Provide all you need to do you job.
Great if like hard work
You are left to Manage your establishment,if you need help you have to visit the brewery tree....area mgr,district mgr then and so on until it reaches the MD,then it has to come back down the ladder which takes time .
Pros
Own boss
Cons
You cant get things done ie no glasses!!!!
Excellent culture and relaxed, happy and positive environment
I was employed as a technician, and loved every minute of it..
The people the culture there were excellent... just the job I needed at the time

The only reason I left was because I wasn't keen on the shift pattern at the time.. but since then the shifts have

changed for the better ,so I'm awaiting another opening opportunity so I can reapply
Marstons
It was a great job with a brewery that actually cared about how good you did and helped you when you needed it.
The only problem was the job was just running like clockwork when we had to resign to care for my missuses mum.
Excellent company
Marstons is a brilliant company to work for, they care about all members of staff from the bottom to the top. Everyone is treated as though they are part of a family, and this culture is bred throughout
Amazing company to work for!
Have previously worked for Wetherspoons for around 6 years and Marstons knocks spots off them! Much more appreciated by higher management, better work-life balance, much more relaxed environment. I dont ever see myself leaving.
Great!
Great company to work for! Definitely recommend whether it's for a career or just job while got get through college or university. Could not ask for a better company.
Great company
Always ready to progress their team and loom after staff.
Especially during the pandemic making sure all staff are safe and well including their families and ensuring they get paid.
Great
Great company to work for and couldn’t thank them enough for all the support the have given us as of late. They are a real family and always have you covered no matter what your situation may be!
Fab company!
I've worked for Marstons for nearly 5 years . Always loved my job and learned a variety of roles! Fast paced, every day is different. Colleagues are fab too.
Top employers
After working for a number of hospitality businesses marstons is definitely the top dog. 5 years and counting. Wouldn't change it for the world. They look after everyone of there own
Top notch
Great company to be a part of. Been here for my entire professional career and have always kept the faith in what we do. The training and development on offer is top class.
Amazing
Marston’s are a great company to work for they really look after their teams, especially in a time of crisis they always keep you informed on what’s going on and if you have any questions they will answer them as best they can. I highly recommend working for Marston’s 🙂