Marston Holdings

Marston Holdings Employee Reviews

United Kingdom33 reviews
Featured review
Marston Holdings selected this as a representative review
Is a fast paced company who work within Company Values
I started with the Company after having been made redundant from a position I had held for 20 years so the thought of starting a new careers was daunting. However, the training and support given was exceptional and the staff were very welcoming. In the last 7 years I have given the opportunity to partake in the Company Learning & Development program which has enabled me to progress within the Company.
Flexible hours good worklife balance
very good company to work for flexible hours good work life balance can work any days of the weeks so as mentioned have flexible working hours hours limited to 6am to 9pm
No Job Satisfaction
To do this job you have to want to rip off people for a company that does not care about you at all.
Would not work here again and i wouldn't recommend, advertise high salary expectation but in reality not very achievable.
Arrogant Mangers and Poor Work
The senior managers are arrogant and have no interest in the welfare of Enforcement Agents. Marstons have lost a lot of contracts and the quality of work is very poor as a result. They will promise you the world at interview, but it will not be delivered. They will expect you to visit addresses that have been proven to not be in date so that they can earn money from you for the letter drop, whilst you get nothing. The best I can advise is don't touch this company with a barge pole.
Review
Relax environment but can be stressful at times due to the nature of the business, the bonus scheme is brilliant we can earn up too £400 on top of salary
Plenty of oportunities
Brilliant company to work for, plenty of opportunities for progression. Management are very supportive and will always try to help you out the best that they can and help you to achieve.
Lots of opportunity to earn bonus.

company benefits also in place which include fantastic discounts across many retail stores!

Brilliant health scheme - Simply health

All staff are friendly and welcoming and office moral is always high!

overall a brilliant company to work for!
Marston
I have worked for marston for 5 years and they have always provided relevant work load and the added bonus, Marston management have always been there for me throughout pregnancy and maternity then coming back to work supporting myself, I feel marston is a change of experience job no day is the same, the staff are all outgoing and have many of team nights out and activities ongoing throughout the work place to keep the spirit going. I myself would recommend marston I cant not thank them enough for the support they have provided over the last few years and the ongoing support offered.
Underpaid and not treated particularly well
Frequently abused by "customers". Paid minimum wage and goal posts frequently changed around bonuses. 1/2 hour for lunch. Holiday entitlement is good.
Pros
Holiday entitlement
Cons
Salary is appalling.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Marston Holdings?
Fab
Great company to work for! Would recommend to everyone! Staff all friendly and management are down to earth, great progression opportunities. Good shift rotation only having to work one Saturday in every 4 no Sunday's or bank holidays. Bonus scheme in place
Great place to work!
I currently work at Marston and am fully enjoying my role. A typical day consists of speaking to many people and helping them out as much as we can. I’ve learned many new skills which help me, not only in business terms but, in my personal life too. The management are second to none! All friendly and are happy to help or assist with absolutely anything. I feel comfortable around my work colleagues and the atmoshpere is that of a family rather than a strict workplace. It can be challenging at times (like every job) but it’s very rewarding also! There’s always room for progression in the company, from being a contact centre agent, to senior and up to being a team leader and beyond! 10/10 would recommend
Awful work place
management here is shocking! Managers don’t get on, all snakes and terrible fake place to work that’s without the abuse from the people that call! 3 seconds over break needs to be worked back but if you stay 10 minutes over shift on a call then thats per of the job and so be it monitored like a prison! All about statistics and making money.. zero care for employees
Marston
I’m a current employee and have been working there for over 5 years, it’s a very friendly and happy environment to work in. I would recommend the company to family/friends and I really enjoy my role a lot and I’m very proud to be part of Marston.
Amazing place to work
Great work place. Friendly staff members. Everyone is approachable.
Bonus is very achievable.

No Sundays - only one Saturday in every 4.

Friendly and competitive work place.
Pros
Free Tea and Coffee
Great team working
I have worked at Marston's Helmshore for a period of years and have really enjoyed my time here and would definitely recommend this role. The whole team is supportive and there a great social aspect to the team. Massive room for progression and loads of learning opportunities.
Travel overload
Terrible line management. No empathy whatsoever. Cant wait to leave. Repetitive. Boring. I am getting fed up doing this review. I hope I can stop typing soon.
Stay away from marston
If you are thinking of moving into the Bailiff role please consider another company as Marston does not believe in working with its agents and there is no sense of man management at all if you have a drama management ignore you the pay is sub par compared to the hours you work you will find most of your day doing admin for the company for free things that would take the office moments to sort out but will expect you to drive for hours to get to the same conclusion. Team work is non existent with poaching being fully encouraged by team leaders cases are given out based on favoritism not evenly.
Productive & Fun work environment
Amazing people to work with and very understanding.
Down side is there is minimal break for the amount of time spent on the phone.

Management are super-b and always there to help and progress your growth and improvement.
Average
It will suit the right person for the right area and if you get on with management.
You need to make sure this is for you for the long term. The job is different for everyone.
Horrendus
Poor company to work for, management are clueless. Lots of recycled work due to not trusting agents, support network is rubbish, avoid at all costs...
Poor untrained management
This place is being ran by people without the correct experience, any work related issues are tackled at a personal level creating tension between colleagues.
Flexi time only given to people with children.

Things offered at the interview stage are not given.
Pros
Cons
Noisy office with broken air conditioning creating illnesses.
Horrible palce to work
Management are disgusting and mean to staff for no reason if your face doesn't fit your singled out and picked on like children. Don't support staff at times of need and the lay is shocking constantly taking call after call and being monitored for going for a toilet break. Making you start before your shift and making you stay 30 seconds over for lunch
Constantly finding reasons not to pay bonus

Fake atmosphere all snakes and nobody is happy to work there.