Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews

Make cocktails
Serve foods. Clean lines
Management are kind....
The hours are not fix
Sometimes they give you less sometimes they give more hours . Shifts are different every time
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Less hours
fun place to work
Chepstow - Conference and Banqueting Associate (Former Employee) –  Chepstow, Monmouthshire4 August 2018
fun place to work with lot of friends and colleagues. the managers are great and the perks are really good. it doesn't feel like work because you have so much fun
good place to work
Head Kitchen Porter (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne1 August 2018
was a good place to work was able to learn and achieve head kp and also laundry cleaning the kitchen was the same routine dailys sometimes got a bit boring so made the change of deparments
Great and Adventurous
Concierge/Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maida Vale21 July 2018
Through working here I was able to develop many skills,in different departments and obtain an understanding of how a hotel works and runs. Knowing these im able to apply these skills in any department
Tiring but good
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London28 June 2018
Whilst any job in hospitality can be tough there are good benefits to working for Marriott. The teamwork there helps you get through the tough moment. As usual turn over is high and the hours are very long but the team work helps you get through.
Pros
Free staff meals
My first place of work in The UK
Leisure Club Associate (Former Employee) –  Arden, UK8 June 2018
Marriott was my first place of work in The UK, where I spent 13 years without any sickness at all, where I could learn and improve English language and met a lot of different people.
After 13 years of my work at Marriott, I decided to go for a new challenge so that is why I started working for Jaguar Land Rover while being employed by a job agency which is called "Manpower".
Pros
Free gym
Cons
Very low salary
Lots of work done. Very nice place
House keeper (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire6 June 2018
I enjoyed my time at the Marriott hotel. It was a good experience and the people were lovely. Would love to have more experience in house keeping. The building was very nice.
Pros
There was free food, the people weee great. Very lovely.
Cons
Hours quiet long but manageable
Fun, fast paced
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunderland5 June 2018
This was a fast paced and fun working place. this was a open hotel bar and right on the beach front so anyone would come in when they were down. It was always a busy environment and always had things to do. I was involved in many special occasions and events.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
heat
productive work place
Laundry Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh9 May 2018
i worked here as an agency staff member and thought it was a really good place to work and a really fast paced work environment what really suited me as i did not like to stop
Pros
free lunches, always on the go
nice and funny place
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Grantham2 May 2018
lovely place with lovely management. big difference between the grantham hotel and peterborough one. management made the difference maybe. felt like a family place comparing to other places
Pros
harmony and family felt like
Good place to learn
Food & Beverage Associate (Former Employee) –  Edimburgo - UK20 April 2018
routine is boring, and very nice to learn new things
Pros
salary
Cons
management
Excellent place to work,
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk20 April 2018
Marriott, is a fantastic company to work for, they support there staff and like to promote with in and will provide extra training. There is a lot of opportunity within Marriott.
Busy well organised and very competent
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Marriot Hotel Dyce Aberdeen16 April 2018
The bulk of the work consisted of a 120 day 65 point maintenance check list where I effected any repairs or replacement to defective items.
Once a week there were other PPMs such as legionairs risk reduction and backwash of the pool plkant room
Pros
Comfortable work environment, free food and friendly staff
Cons
Poor pay and environmentaly wasteful
Very productive and busy place
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Park Lane,London w1K7TN22 March 2018
A typical day at work going so fast with smile on a face! I do learned how to be a part of a team and how to deal with people's! The manegment is helpful and doing everything on a professional way they all care about the people's who is working for the marriott! We just got a brand new canteen where we use to celebrate Christmas and the new year! The most enjoyable part of a job is to meet many kind of people lurn from each other and support! The hardest part is to clean up after an event! I have very good memories from the hotel!
Pros
Free lunches for employers
great place
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station13 March 2018
great place to work in very organized and very well run by the stuff management is great too very good working environment overall and also has great rewards with working there
Cons
Started off great then gradually declined.
Management (Former Employee) –  All over12 March 2018
The work environment initially was very welcoming. Once you didn't fully immerse yourself in the culture, you kind of felt like an outsider. There is no other place to be if you really like to conform to the "fake-it 'til you make it" culture. Hard work doesn't pay off. Conformity does. I would recommend working for a selective service property as opposed to a cut-throat resort. There wasn't much room for out of the box thinking in meetings. IMO.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
You rarely get to use them
Top Class Hotel
Front Office Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire27 February 2018
A perfect place to work worldwide.
Great opportunaties to grow within the Company.
Highly recommended.
Great working enviroment.
Fantastic work perks and more.
receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wroxham11 February 2018
For me would be spent answering and making calls – along with reception duties I also carry out general admin tasks. In particular, I have a responsibility for HR, and act as a PA to the Directors as and when required.
Well structured organisation
Food and Beverage Associate (Former Employee) –  Swindon7 February 2018
Marriott are extremely well organised which is shown throughout the chain of command. Work/Life balance is always a struggle within hospitality. t
Working alongside the most vibrant, lively and fun people you’ll ever meet.
Swindon, UK - Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Swindon6 February 2018
As a world-class leader in the travel industry, there’s no better place to make your mark. Interacting with people from all corners of the globe, learning about new cultures, improving on your people skills, getting better at your ability to communicate and enjoy being part of a team. Each day will open your mind to a world of possibilities outside the norm of a 9 to 5 workplace with plenty of growth opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2