Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews

Tiring but good
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London28 June 2018
Whilst any job in hospitality can be tough there are good benefits to working for Marriott. The teamwork there helps you get through the tough moment. As usual turn over is high and the hours are very long but the team work helps you get through.
Pros
Free staff meals
My first place of work in The UK
Leisure Club Associate (Former Employee) –  Arden, UK8 June 2018
Marriott was my first place of work in The UK, where I spent 13 years without any sickness at all, where I could learn and improve English language and met a lot of different people.
After 13 years of my work at Marriott, I decided to go for a new challenge so that is why I started working for Jaguar Land Rover while being employed by a job agency which is called "Manpower".
Pros
Free gym
Cons
Very low salary
Lots of work done. Very nice place
House keeper (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire6 June 2018
I enjoyed my time at the Marriott hotel. It was a good experience and the people were lovely. Would love to have more experience in house keeping. The building was very nice.
Pros
There was free food, the people weee great. Very lovely.
Cons
Hours quiet long but manageable
Fun, fast paced
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunderland5 June 2018
This was a fast paced and fun working place. this was a open hotel bar and right on the beach front so anyone would come in when they were down. It was always a busy environment and always had things to do. I was involved in many special occasions and events.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
heat
productive work place
Laundry Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh9 May 2018
i worked here as an agency staff member and thought it was a really good place to work and a really fast paced work environment what really suited me as i did not like to stop
Pros
free lunches, always on the go
productive
Housekeeping & conference and banqueting (Former Employee) –  Meriden, Warwickshire7 May 2018
is been sometimes long day and hard, but i meet good people who help me a lot with my english, and grow up like a person, break times we use to enjoy all the team together
Pros
free food
Cons
long days
nice and funny place
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Grantham2 May 2018
lovely place with lovely management. big difference between the grantham hotel and peterborough one. management made the difference maybe. felt like a family place comparing to other places
Pros
harmony and family felt like
Good place to learn
Food & Beverage Associate (Former Employee) –  Edimburgo - UK20 April 2018
routine is boring, and very nice to learn new things
Pros
salary
Cons
management
Excellent place to work,
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk20 April 2018
Marriott, is a fantastic company to work for, they support there staff and like to promote with in and will provide extra training. There is a lot of opportunity within Marriott.
Busy well organised and very competent
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Marriot Hotel Dyce Aberdeen16 April 2018
The bulk of the work consisted of a 120 day 65 point maintenance check list where I effected any repairs or replacement to defective items.
Once a week there were other PPMs such as legionairs risk reduction and backwash of the pool plkant room
Pros
Comfortable work environment, free food and friendly staff
Cons
Poor pay and environmentaly wasteful
Very productive and busy place
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Park Lane,London w1K7TN22 March 2018
A typical day at work going so fast with smile on a face! I do learned how to be a part of a team and how to deal with people's! The manegment is helpful and doing everything on a professional way they all care about the people's who is working for the marriott! We just got a brand new canteen where we use to celebrate Christmas and the new year! The most enjoyable part of a job is to meet many kind of people lurn from each other and support! The hardest part is to clean up after an event! I have very good memories from the hotel!
Pros
Free lunches for employers
great place
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station13 March 2018
great place to work in very organized and very well run by the stuff management is great too very good working environment overall and also has great rewards with working there
Cons
Started off great then gradually declined.
Management (Former Employee) –  All over12 March 2018
The work environment initially was very welcoming. Once you didn't fully immerse yourself in the culture, you kind of felt like an outsider. There is no other place to be if you really like to conform to the "fake-it 'til you make it" culture. Hard work doesn't pay off. Conformity does. I would recommend working for a selective service property as opposed to a cut-throat resort. There wasn't much room for out of the box thinking in meetings. IMO.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
You rarely get to use them
Fun, enthusiastic workplace
Gymnastics Coach (Current Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire28 February 2018
Constant learning/ progressions of activities. Very friendly staff and customers. Most enjoyable part of the job is the job itself, coaching gymnastics.
Pros
Able to swap shifts with others or ask others to cover your shift
Top Class Hotel
Front Office Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire27 February 2018
A perfect place to work worldwide.
Great opportunaties to grow within the Company.
Highly recommended.
Great working enviroment.
Fantastic work perks and more.
receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wroxham11 February 2018
For me would be spent answering and making calls – along with reception duties I also carry out general admin tasks. In particular, I have a responsibility for HR, and act as a PA to the Directors as and when required.
Well structured organisation
Food and Beverage Associate (Former Employee) –  Swindon7 February 2018
Marriott are extremely well organised which is shown throughout the chain of command. Work/Life balance is always a struggle within hospitality. t
Working alongside the most vibrant, lively and fun people you’ll ever meet.
Swindon, UK - Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Swindon6 February 2018
As a world-class leader in the travel industry, there’s no better place to make your mark. Interacting with people from all corners of the globe, learning about new cultures, improving on your people skills, getting better at your ability to communicate and enjoy being part of a team. Each day will open your mind to a world of possibilities outside the norm of a 9 to 5 workplace with plenty of growth opportunities.
Great
Housekeeping Supervisor (Evening) (Former Employee) –  Cheshunt5 February 2018
Working in the Marriott from young was a very good experience into professional work. Very much worth it even though I was travelling almost 1.5 hrs a day to get there.
Job satisfaction
Room attendant (Former Employee) –  Flore, Northamptonshire25 January 2018
I really enjoyed this job role of room attendant. id get my room sheet for cleaning daily then it was my job to ensure that the cleanliness was up to standard.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.

54K