Marriott International, Inc.
Coronavirus update
Information from Marriott International, Inc.:

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

United Kingdom687 reviews
The workplace culture is amazing and I enjoy to work there, the people are very friendly and that place inspires me peace of mind and security.!!!!!!!
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Short hours
Along with a plethera of other issues, I saw a complete staff turnover in 3 months. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, questionable training, unobtainable expectations, no room for flexibility or career progression unless you're willing to relocate.
I worked for Marriott overall 3 years in 2 of their property's here in Aberdeen (Scotland)i can assure any individual whom wants to grow and progress in their careers that Marriott its the place to be.
Pros
Supports grow and progress of their employees
Cons
Flexible schedule
I had a lot of good times at the job but were unfortunately overshadowed by the lad of leadership and communication between sections. Other issues I can't talk about but as a woman I wouldn't want to work there again.
Pros
Flexible, good team members, location easily accessible
Cons
Questionable training, health and safety and treatment of staff
This is a great company to work for they help you grow and give your the right training to excel in your career. Depending on your role and where your base you can be very fast Pace
Pros
Training and development
Fantastic working environment with an amazing team to work with and amazing supervisors and managers who look out for you as much as possible the only downside would be 0 hours which is also a bonus as you aren’t limited or capped at how many hours you get per week
Pros
Amazing support, Good pay, Flexible Hours
Cons
0 Hours - but it’s in your contract if you are zero hours and they are very willing to explain
Due to covid 19 my job role has been made redundant. Marriott as a company are good but sometimes I think can be behind competitors . Training is excellent.
Pros
Training
Cons
A little old fashioned
A fantastic company to work for with a lot of opportunities to grow in your career and as a person. A lot of training offered by the company for me and my colleagues as well
I will definitely recommend
its a good environment to work in. Marriott supports you with all the resources they can putting people first. you have a lot of benefits whilst working for Marriott
Would have stayed had it not been for the poor salary. Great company to work for, very family oriented and supportive. Highly recommend for anyone wanting a start in hospitality.
I learnt a lot about team work and costumer service while working here. Staff are always friendly and helpful as well as the guests. There is a lot of trust and communication between the team and management which makes working there more enjoyable.
I would surely not recommend anybody to work at this company where they take you for granted and gives you little rewards for your accomplishments. STAY AWAY
Marriott is a really great company to work for.
They strongly believe in their employees and they are not afraid to invest in their knowledge and skills
The company has a great culture that is build around people, emplyees and guests alike. Being and industry leader technology is always develpoing to enhance guest experience.
Marriott is a great place if you wish to progress in your career. It is a fast-paced environment with a lot of policies and procedures to learn which will take you further if you know we are you heading to. I had colleagues being promoted twice within 9 months, enough for them to move to better places and positions. It is worth to consider working at Marriott International if you are young and ambitious and keen to move on quickly on the career ladder.
Pros
Free meals (lunch and dinner).
Cons
Low salary.
I worked within an international team, in an excellent climate. The company put people first, and offers excellent standards, fantastic strong core values. I enjoy a lot of benefits, I highly recommend this company.
Very good place to gain hospitality knowledge. No matter your qualifications, they will give you a chance to progress and extend your knowledge and abilities.
As an international hospitality group Marriott offers lots of opportunity to work in different countries if you are willing to relocate however unless you are a GM there is no expatriate package.
There are long work hours mainly because of relatively slow system and process following steps.

It is not a surprise but hospitality sector pay relatively less for the same job as other industry sectors and is for pasionate people.

The big advantage is that you can evolve quite quickly in the different positions even without a university degree.
I have work in housekeeping over 2 years. A year in morning shift and over a year in late maid. In morning shift you will get 16 rooms to clean in 8 hours. Late maid duty clean room, clean and fold cloths, stock up pantry, help colleagues who falling behind. Some time you will get good and bad days.

Last October one of my colleague hand in her noticed in. I ask HR and my supervisor if It’s ok to change my late shift to morning shift. My supervisor tell my manager about it and they said that I need to wait about a month so they can find someone to train on it. 3 months later still on late maid duty. No update or apologies from my manager what so ever. At least my supervisors and HR apologise for it. Feel like I been lie to by my manager. My own manager doesn’t care at all. Got sick of waiting so long. So I decided to hand in my noticed in and transfer to different department.

Overall most of housekeeping team treat you like their own family.

Reception team going to miss your calls for this and that.

Going to miss working with them.
Horrible to work for, slave labour, not appreciated when you work all the hours to cover and keep the spa open. Expected to massage 8 hours plus which exceeds health and safety.
Worked in housekeeping awful management. It's a married couple that run house keeping and they're horrible very nasty. They do as little as possible and if they dont like you they will make it hard for you
Pros
Use of gym facility
Cons
Poor management across the board
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
9.8K