Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

busy environment
Waitress (Current Employee) –  London20 May 2018
The company has great benefits for full time staff, I have to say that the diversity of nationalities of the staff at the hotel makes the work environment very pleasant, you get to learn from so many different cultures,
but also your work life balance can be compromised depending on what is going on at the hotel, missing evenings, weekends and even popular holidays like Christmas with the closest people to you.
loved it
Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh11 May 2018
I loved working at the Sheraton you learn lots and they have lots of staff defo worth going in there as you will get mentored and nurtured allot in the work place
amazing company but bad local people and culture. Marriott policy not followed
Executive Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Peterborough2 May 2018
amazing company to work for but let down by the hotel policies in place and hard to express your opinion . been working 10 years for Marriott. I love the company. but when you get stuck in a country side hotel you are done. nothing is followed and jungle rules comes in place.
Pros
cv
Cons
hours you work for free
Very Progress Oriented Company
Front Desk Trainee (Former Employee) –  Provincia di Firenze, Toscana17 April 2018
Very Progress minded company, had the opportunity to work under the Marriott company for a few months. They take care of their customers, and are very considerate towards loyalty programmes. They have made bad between the SPG programmes and the Marriott ones which I think is a great idea.
Pros
Employee Bonuses
Productive and stressful place
Food & Beverage Manager / Sommelier (Former Employee) –  Carribean9 April 2018
long shift with includes organize the staff make sure everyone has clean uniform and clean immagine. Daily meeting with the staff to heat our daily target, dela with daily guest complain or make their experiance unique and unforgettable.

Inventory and daily stok plus daily profit and lost and stats report to send to the director of the department.
Very good enviroment
F&B ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Marble Arch Station23 March 2018
Amazing oportunity to develop in hospitality. Very friendly staff.
Somethimes we do long shifts, but we always work as a team and help each other.
I really enjoy working there.
You need to be someones friend in order to progress
Resort Sales Excecutive (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh22 March 2018
All about the costs and customers. They don't care about the staff. Manager will never have your back. The opportunities are not for the best qualify person. They chase you for small mistakes.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Low pay
One Square restaurant
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh15 March 2018
a typical day at work consists of answering phone calls and emails about possible bookings. These include; lunch, dinner, gin tastings, afternoon teas and large parties.
I have learned a lot about administrative work.
The multitasking can be tricky some days when the phone rings non-stop, there's 100 emails to respond to and a que at the door. Everyone works well as a team and you always get through it.
I thoroughly enjoy the learning experience. This job is unlike what I've done before.
Productive & Fun Place
Graphic Designer/Artworker (Former Employee) –  East Java13 March 2018
- Fun workplace
- Target oriented
- Friendly and courteous employees
- Management that understands staffing skills
- Full of help
- Benefit a lot
- Satisfactory salary
- Good safety and insurance coverage
- There are career paths in every department
- Good team work
- Hospitality minded
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long Hour
Ja mim falaram que e uma empresa muito boa gostaria muito de jma belissima oportunidade
Cozinheiro ou garde_manger (Former Employee) –  Nao trabalhei em nenhuma ainda12 March 2018
Mim disseram que é uma empresa que da oportunidade para a gente crescer isso que preciso de uma oportunidade.
Pros
E na empresa
Dobra amtosfera
pokojowa (Former Employee) –  Bristol26 February 2018
Dobre zarządzanie
Przyjazna atmosfera
Wyrozumiała kadra kierownicza
Pros
Darmowe posiłki
Events Assistant (Former Employee) –  London9 February 2018
Here I was in charge of hosting many tables and events, I enjoyed meeting the customers and enjoyed the job. The weather was stunning and the staff and management where great
Pros
Free lunches
team members
Front office/ concierge supervisor (Former Employee) –  London25 January 2018
if it wasn't for the team members at the hotel then i wouldn't of learned as much as id did under all types of pressures. On a day to day basis we will have all types of guest checking in from cabin crews to holiday makers so i would have to treat every guest the same but make it individual at the same time.
Pros
location
Cons
location
Great Chefs
Floor porter / Valet (Former Employee) –  Leicester Square25 January 2018
Very nice management and great colleagues. You have to work hard all the time and have a can do attitude otherwise its not for you. Have to know how to work independently and provide a 5* customer service. Also the chefs are Amazing.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No career progress
Fun workplace, lovely and friendly staff.
Beauty Therapist (Current Employee) –  Worsley, Greater Manchester10 January 2018
I have loved working for Marriott but I have worked here for 10 years and I am still on minimum wage I have worked as hard as I possibly could everyone is lovely benefits are really good but I'm looking for more now.
Pros
Free lunch, free gym.
Cons
Minimum wage
Fantastic first office job
Senior Reservation sales agent (Former Employee) –  Knightsbridge, Greater London8 January 2018
This was a truly wonderful experience. I thoroughly enjoyed this job with all the travelling and customer service experience. Up to date this has been the best place i have worked at!
productive fu workplace
ROOM ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Heathrow4 December 2017
A typical day at work.Lerned lot of new things.Management was lovely.Workplace was nice.Hardest partb at work was long working hours.Enjoyable part of job was meet lot of new people.
Pros
Free lunch
Lovely place to work
Finance Director (Former Employee) –  Middlesex28 November 2017
A nice place to walk in to and do a day's job. Atmosphere inside the offices was always nice and friendly. Hard working team and encouraging manager.
Pros
Free dinner if you work late
Cons
sometimes long hours due to deadlines
not a nice place to work
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Bexleyheath, Greater London14 November 2017
I was interviewed and heard back a couple of days later where I was asked to go in for a trial day, I went in for the whole day cleaning rooms and then never heard from them again, if they do this on a regular basis then they are getting free labour, so I think this is a very bad place to work or think you are going to be working so beware if you are asked to do a days trial, ask if you are going to be paid or if not be prepaired for dissapointment.
Pros
free meal
Cons
no intention to employ people as always advertising for staff
Mixed company
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 November 2017
Did an 8 week placement at the Marriott in Malaga, did a 10 hour shift and wasn't allowed a break or anything to drink is 30 degrees heat. Managers weren't very nice however this could be because I was on an internship.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

57.3K