Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 578 reviews matching the search See all 17,169 reviews
Opportunities if employed at right property.
HR Officer (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire20 January 2019
Choosing the right property when working for Marriott is paramount. Career opportunities are available but at the right property. During my time at my current property of 5 years I felt that there was alot of favouritism linked with job promotions, carer opportunities and training which left associates frustrated and demotivated.
Staff were quickly disposed of when no longer required and there was a high turnover due to redundancies should the property business plan change.
Company values were not fulfilled at this property but may be different at others.
Make sure you do your research.
Pros
Company benefits, Free staff meals, good taste of hospitality
Cons
Progression, training for associates, job security.
Varied and challenging
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Dyce Aberdeen City14 January 2019
PPM's and a 65 point check list and any remedial work for the hotel rooms. This included air con maintenance of filters and biocide for the condensate tray. Water temperature checks, Replacement of faulty actuators for failed temperature checks in the air con system. Sterilization of shower heads for legionela control. Tile grouting, silicon replacement, cistern repair replacement and any other plumbing issues. Patch repair on walls and ceiling and painting. Also weekly backwash of swimming pool filtration machinery and purging of infrequently used water outlets. I also effected any repair/replacement of the bed and furniture.
Pros
Good Maintenance Boss, friendly staff and Free Lunches
Cons
Dreadful pay plus a 3hr commute
Enjoyed time employed
Maintenance supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sunderland3 January 2019
Good company with good career prospects.
Staff all friendly,good learning curve room to progress your career
Enjoyed my time within the group.
Enjoyed the hospitality industry and meeting people
Pros
Fair company
Cons
Can be long hours
Ambiente di lavoro esigente e professionale
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, Regno Unito2 January 2019
Una grande compagnia alberghiera che mira a qualificare molto bene il suo personale nazionale e straniero, correggendo in maniera molto flessibile ed efficace le lagune del proprio Staff in fase di crescita ed opportunità di carriera.
Low salary/long shifts
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  London / Gatwick Airport, West Sussex13 December 2018
Salary is very bad! You gotta stand all day long in one place in front of the screen, not allowed to sit and managers are very unorganized!
Kitchen staff very rude and bar/restaurant staff are not trained properly for customer service, providing none whatsoever.

The managers expect you to come in the afternoon, finish at midnight then come do morning shift at 6am!

Also sometimes mixing night shifts with day shifts which really plays out on your body's health .

Ask your DM to go check on the guest and they make a big fuss about the fact they need to do their job properly!

Managers don't care and are very lazy!

STAY AWAY, WORST PLACE EVER
Pros
free dry/not nice food
Cons
rude staff and lazy managers
Waste of time
Doorman (Former Employee) –  Knightsbridge, Greater London4 December 2018
Management are uselsss,treat staff like slaves and make it hard for you to earn tips,the guests are very nice but it is hard to sometimes fill their requirements because of ‘hotel policy’....I had to say NO to guests a lot at this hotel
Pros
Cons
No money
Great work environment with the edition of excellent benifits
Director of Golf (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire3 December 2018
18 years at the hotel has given be a great deal of experience in the hotel business and how segments of he business effect other areas.

Marriott pride their self on the highest possible customer service standards and provide continual training to maintain standard levels.

Promoting from with in the company gives a great deal of opportunity to travel the world in the ever growing portfolio of hotels.
Pros
Excellent training
Horrible place to work
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear2 December 2018
I was working in the restaurant at the Metrocentre, Gateshead hotel. On my trial shift, it was quite scary to start as you don’t really know what to expect as your first job. Some of the staff were welcoming, however some treated me like I didn’t know what I was doing when in fact I was doing exactly what everyone else was doing. I proceeded in the job process and found out that I had the job, which I was happy with after months of trying to find a job. A few weeks later I had my first proper shift. This time it was working with different people than on my trial shift, but they treated me even worse. They completely acted like I wasn’t there and in a way looked down on me, anyways, I got the job done with and went home. The next day I then had another shift to do which was for a wedding. All of the serving staff were working so I thought it was going to be fine. Howeve, nobody spoke to me. I was ignored all night, I didn’t want to ask anyone where something was or what to do because I knew I would just get spoken to so rudely. A worker from another hotel was there, who was the only one who spoke to, had actually said to me that there was poor communication here compared to the Marriott hotel that she works in. This impacted my decision to leave a lot. The manager had changed a lot, she was so nice up until the point of me working for them, the manager only spoke to me once that night saying I needed to walk around instead of standing still, but this was towards the end of the night when I was very very tired after doing a 4-11 shift with only a half an hour break. I could not  more... physically walk but she worked me and worked me until I just couldn’t do it anymore. After this night I decided to resign from the job. I did not feel welcome, I was put under too much stress and the lack of communication is poor. Would not recommend this job to anyone, especially teenagers still in education.  less
Pros
Free food and drink
Cons
Horrible and rude staff to work with
Fun
Night Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff15 November 2018
I started as a night receptionist but was encouraged to progress, my line was always had her door open if we needed anything.

The team was like a little a second family and a togetherness.
Friendly place to work
Executive PA to General Manager / Hotel Manager (Current Employee) –  Meriden8 November 2018
Busy place to work with plenty of opportunities for training and self improvement. Management have an open door policy and are approachable. Many different roles to suit different people's requirements and availability.
Pros
Employee hotel discount programme and free lunches
Cons
Need a car to get here as it is quite remote
Great Company to work for
Food and Beverage Associate (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire29 October 2018
Absolutely brilliant company to work for. They rally do take care of their employees wellbeing. The management were great too. There was always staff appreciation weeks too.
Pros
good and friendly management
Cons
not enough hours
n/a
Night Supervisor (Duty Manager) (Former Employee) –  Waltham Abbey13 October 2018
My experience is limited only to working in the Waltham Abbey Marriott branch.

I have no opinion for the rest of the brands all across the world.

Not great.
Marriott
Senior Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London11 October 2018
Marriott is a fun company to work for, they enjoy targets and results and promote self development. Marriott is the perfet match for someone who would like to progress wihtin the Hospitaly Industry.
horrible
Trainee Chef (Former Employee) –  North Harbour, Hampshire25 September 2018
horrible place to work , get treated like your nothing and the way other members of staff and management speak to you is horrible. wouldn't recommend to anybody.
Pros
pay
Cons
staff
chiedono livelli alti del standard
EXECUTIVE HEAD CHEF (Former Employee) –  Cambridgeshire19 September 2018
troppe ore senza aiuto e personale. standard non si possono trovare
Pros
securita del lavoro
Cons
non abbastanza personale per il lavoro che si deve fare
Poorly Paid
Waiter and Barman (Former Employee) –  Leamington Spa, Warwickshire11 September 2018
Company paid very poorly. There was a reasonable reward scheme, but it was withdrawn to save company money! Very poor work/life balance. Very hard to study when working several back to back split shifts! Enjoyed serving guests
Pros
Meeting guests, working with staff
Cons
Long hours, poorly paid, dismal work/life balance
Decent workplace, high turnover
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Zurivh10 September 2018
The Zurich Marriott lacked good F&B management, therefore people didnt take the workload seriously, we were understaffed and doing shifts alone which would generally not be allowed. Good salary
Pros
good salary
Cons
poor management
Disastrous place of work
Commis chef and moved onto pastry chef (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 September 2018
Never again ...they don’t value there’s staff ...irrespective how long you have been in service ...company value targets for profit ...I would not recommend this company to anyone ....they treat you like a lemon ,they squeeze you like a lemon and then get rid of you.
fun place to work
Food and beverage manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 September 2018
Great fun place to work.Great career progression if you are willing to move out of the UK once worked here.Good team work and you are appreciated as an individual.
welcoming work place
Bar Staff/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Swansea4 September 2018
i learned that a lot goes on behind the scenes from polishing plates/ cutlery and glasses to setting up tables and preparing food. it was a very welcoming place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

57.9K