Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 610 reviews matching the search See all 18,958 reviews
horrible
Trainee Chef (Former Employee) –  North Harbour, Hampshire25 September 2018
horrible place to work , get treated like your nothing and the way other members of staff and management speak to you is horrible. wouldn't recommend to anybody.
Pros
pay
Cons
staff
chiedono livelli alti del standard
EXECUTIVE HEAD CHEF (Former Employee) –  Cambridgeshire19 September 2018
troppe ore senza aiuto e personale. standard non si possono trovare
Pros
securita del lavoro
Cons
non abbastanza personale per il lavoro che si deve fare
Poorly Paid
Waiter and Barman (Former Employee) –  Leamington Spa, Warwickshire11 September 2018
Company paid very poorly. There was a reasonable reward scheme, but it was withdrawn to save company money! Very poor work/life balance. Very hard to study when working several back to back split shifts! Enjoyed serving guests
Pros
Meeting guests, working with staff
Cons
Long hours, poorly paid, dismal work/life balance
Decent workplace, high turnover
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Zurivh10 September 2018
The Zurich Marriott lacked good F&B management, therefore people didnt take the workload seriously, we were understaffed and doing shifts alone which would generally not be allowed. Good salary
Pros
good salary
Cons
poor management
Disastrous place of work
Commis chef and moved onto pastry chef (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 September 2018
Never again ...they don’t value there’s staff ...irrespective how long you have been in service ...company value targets for profit ...I would not recommend this company to anyone ....they treat you like a lemon ,they squeeze you like a lemon and then get rid of you.
welcoming work place
Bar Staff/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Swansea4 September 2018
i learned that a lot goes on behind the scenes from polishing plates/ cutlery and glasses to setting up tables and preparing food. it was a very welcoming place
Great Experience
Guest Service Associate (Front Desk / Concierge) (Current Employee) –  Hayes, Greater London4 September 2018
* I always enjoy working with my colleagues
* Learned lot customer relations skills and gained various sector experience
* Management is supportiive
* Workplace culture is systematic
* Hardest part is when you have to handle complicated guests
* Every moment but when all meet for any events
Pros
gym free
Cons
shifts
very long shift, 0 hours contract
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kensington30 August 2018
It was my first job ever outside my own country, it helped me a lot improving my language ability and capacity of understanding what my working skills are,
Cons
zero hours contract
Work Review
Senior Events Executive (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 August 2018
Prepare all event documentation and coordinate with Sales, other hotel departments and customers, to ensure consistent high level service throughout pre-event and post event phases.
Great company
Fitness Associate (Former Employee) –  Meriden, Warwickshire22 August 2018
Great place to work. Set in a beautiful country setting. Staff are great and was i really lovely place to work. Shifts can be a problem if you have children
fun
housekeeping & bartender (Former Employee) –  Lingfield17 August 2018
this was the job I started working when I first move to surrey. I was working as a housekeeper full time and I was pregnant then. I met good people but it was hard because cleaning its always hard. I enjoyed working at the bar because it was always busy, there was always something to do. the manager was great, I was good friends with everyone as well.
Pros
good break
Cons
Fantastic placement of work.
Hotel Porter (Former Employee) –  Manchester9 August 2018
One of the highlights of my life. I learn't so much from Marriott.
Incredible company to work for. My hospitality and people skills really progressed due to this company. Thank you so much Marriott.
Avoid
Reception (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside7 August 2018
Worked here for a short number of months in which a typical day at work would include jobs that you weren't supposed to do aswell as being shouted at several different mangers despite not being anything to do with them.

The General Manager is great and upon meeting him and talking a few times, I genuinely feel like he cares for the company and the "associates" however this is where the caring stops as the general manager on reception are terrible, unfair and don't care this also applies to the f&b team and also HR who are unaware of simple tasks such as getting address correctly.

The most enjoyable part of the job was guests however would advise going to another hotel, as they'd be able to provide guests in which you can actually please rather than be restricted at every opportunity by attempting to do your job correctly.

The other members of staff are mostly great and friendly, despite certain members who go out their way to make your life miserable.
Pros
Pay, Marriott as a company value employees
Cons
Liverpool Marriott don't care after the induction, Unsociable hours, Harsh working environment
incredible
Senior Chef de Partie (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire26 July 2018
When working in a kitchen you know your going to be hot and busy 99% of the day but to find a company who looks after you is a rare find more training available,They truly look after there and would recommend anyone who want to have a life and be looked after try and get a job in the establishment theres a reason it the biggest hotel group in the world
Pros
Look after, trainning, work life balance
Okay
VIP Club Hostess (Former Employee) –  London21 July 2018
It was okay working at a this establishment but was a big learning curve. It is a 5* establishment. The hardest part of the job is the management. The most enjoyable part of the job was the guests.
Good experience
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Park11 July 2018
I was there for 2 weeks for work experience after my GCSE exams. It taught me a lot about how to talk to and handle customers in the work environment.
If your face fits
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Restaurant29 June 2018
This is a fairly busy hotel with plenty of job opportunities. I worked in food and beverage. I found the casual staff treated unfairly. Often turning into work to discover their shifts had been cancelled and management had forgot to tell them. You can progress fairly easily due to the large turnover in staff, but it is largely based on if management like you personally rather than your ability to work.
Pros
Lots of opportunities
Cons
Did have managemnrt in f and b that played favourite
fantasic
Leisure Club Associate (Former Employee) –  Birmingham10 June 2018
worked in a leisure club my job was to maintain the upkeep and running of the facility on a daily basis this was including taking bookings for a health Spa dealing with walk in customers taking calls selling gym memberships carrying out regular pool checks and looking after the gym pool Jacuzzi and steam room area as well as maintaining a high standard of cleanliness through the facility.
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
wages could of been better
good palce to won experience
Commis Chef/Chef de Partie (Current Employee) –  Ware, Hertfordshire6 June 2018
every day in the kitchen i learn someting new, from how to make prep to how to serv the dish, good chef around that hotel and good organizacion of everything.
Pros
free lunch
Fun and caring
Barista (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh5 June 2018
I only worked at the Marroit for one month learning how to make coffee, but the month I was there I learned a lot, the staff and managers were very caring and considerate and I’d be happy to work there again
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not many

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

58.8K