Marks and Spencer Employee Reviews

Found 4,240 reviews matching the search See all 4,766 reviews
Challenging and difficult
Customer Assistant - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Hertford10 November 2018
The staff are very friendly however the job invovles long hours sitting on the tills without change as you are new. Have to date rotate all items and check each item has not gone out of date and maintain the store cleanliness.
a good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  360 Mall, Zahra10 November 2018
the Job culture was a different experience with M&S, my job at work was to merchandise the clothing line and look after the changing room, my colleagues at work were very helpful. a good place to work.
Pros
helpful staff, good management.
Cons
standing job at work.
biggest liers
Christmas Temp/ section co ordinator (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire9 November 2018
don't fall for any upgrades they will always ask you if you are interested in managing and we will offer you contract after Christmas but till then work as acting supervisor on normal co workers pay and work full time for them, after Christmas they will tell you they do not have hours to keep you. happened to me and few guys I know specially branch in Queensgate
Horrible place to work
HR administrator (Former Employee) –  Salford Quays, Greater Manchester9 November 2018
Avoid at all costs!!

Management are only concerned with themselves you are treated like a robot rather than a person.

Everything you do is monitored even how long it takes to go to the toliet!

hardest part of the job was that the job role was not what was advertised the job was for a HR Administrator however you are no more than a call centre operator!!

The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving to go home at night time
Pros
Cons
pay
No progression in Head Office
Customer Service Advisor (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Chester7 November 2018
If you'd like to work for M&S, work in store. Working for their customer services office was great but it was great because of the people. I ended up doing a lot of management/team leader work on the lowest pay because they wouldn't offer me a secondment/pay rise/another job role. There is loads of progression in store, but not in any of the office roles.
Great Place To Work
HR Advisor (Current Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester7 November 2018
Overall good, the only downside is poor development of talent.
There are much better salaries out there however M&S total reward package including pensions is much more competitive.
productive
cashier (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside6 November 2018
Learned many transferable skills that I will be able to use in a range of jobs. Management was very helpful and looked after the staff. Competitive pay and friendly working environment.
Pros
competitive salary
Fun workplace
Customer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ealing Broadway Station6 November 2018
Busy days when there was events going on.

Lovely people you worked with there was a few that had a different personality but you just had to enjoy what you done with them.

loved this job so there was nothing bad to say about it.
Hospitality, Foods Sale Assistant and Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk5 November 2018
I enjoyed working here very much and the majority of colleagues are lovely. They say you can progress but it takes a lot of time and you do have to badger them. I loved working here!
Pros
Good pay, good hours, good people
hard work but fun
Section Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire5 November 2018
can be really busy and fast paced but like most jobs, the people you work with make it worth it. theres a lot of different departments so your job can be quite diverse.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
travelling
Hardworking but rewarding
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow3 November 2018
The hours at M&S were long however i was kept busy attending to many customers helping them buy school uniforms for their child and stocking shelves. I was also till trained
Pros
Free hot chocolate and discount
Work Experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Bath3 November 2018
Marks and Spencer's exposed me to a fantastic work experience as I was shown a range of departments where I learnt valuable skills that have benefited me throughout work.
Family orientated
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  King's Cross, Greater London1 November 2018
Family orientated company with great staff. Flexible hours to support changes in your situation. Great quality products, which are easy to sell.

Located in a busy station so I meet new people daily from different parts of the world.
Fun work place friendly staff
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewisham, Greater London1 November 2018
Great work place helps you progress in the work place once you work hard.There are great benefits to have once you sign up and great Christmas party and lovely people to work with.
Pros
Staff room
Cons
Christmas hours
it is what is expected for a retail job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear31 October 2018
A typical day at work for an under 18 year old would be walking round picking clothes up off the floor and hanging them back up or putting out repro on the shop floor.
Productive work place.
Customer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex30 October 2018
The team is fantastic. I loved working here - only down fall is it is very unorganised.

There were a few times that I didnt have a clue when I'd be working.
Pros
Excellent team
Cons
Unorganised
Good Working Environment
Programme Manager (Former Employee) –  London30 October 2018
I enjoyed my time at M&S, it provided a stimulating and challenging environment to work. During my time at M&S I gained valuable insights into the business side of projects which has helped me in my current role.
great place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Banbury29 October 2018
M&S is a very good place to work, I think what makes M&S are the staff. If not for the staff then I think many would not stay as it can be a fluid job.
Customers are fascinating, and if you love to people watch its the place.
I cannot say a bad word about the place I worked in as it was lovely.
Pros
great advancement possibilities
A good place to work
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Glasgow29 October 2018
Haven’t worked for M&S for many years, but I enjoyed my time with the company. Staff were always well looked after with free uniform, discount and fair working hours.
Pros
Many staff perks ie. discount and uniform
Cons
Retail hours can be unsociable
lots of benefits
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, Tyne and Wear28 October 2018
a great place to work, lots of free food, good pay, a free turkey at christmas, staff were all very friendly but i wasnt given much direction in what to do on a day to day basis
Pros
Free food all day
Cons
early hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marks and Spencer. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K