Marks and Spencer Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Such a lovely company to work for
SALES FLOOR (Former Employee) –  Rayleigh, Essex10 September 2018
I stacked shelves and helped costumers, this is great for enhancing people skills. It was very well managed and i loved working there. The hardest thing was learning where all the products were and the changed everything around frequently.
Pros
long lunch hours and lovley people
Cons
a little bit repetitive
Fast pace workplace
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire17 August 2018
Typical day at work involves stock replenishment,general cleaning duties,serving customers and assisting customers in the the fitting room.I learnt the importance of dealing with customers and helping them with any enquiries that they may have.
Helpful management which provide a great working environment and the staff make the workplace a pleasure to be in.
The hardest part of the job is being on your feet all day serving customers.
The most enjoyable part is interacting with customers and providing them with excellent customer service and being praised for it by getting great feedback.
Pros
dealing with customers and colleagues
Cons
long days and being stood serving for 9 hour days.
Work Experience
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester3 August 2018
The team is really kind and friendly and they are happy to help you if you are struggling or if your not sure on what you have to do I was only there for work experience and that I feel that I can see my self working there permantly.
Pros
Kind Staff
Cons
No Free Lunches unless its there christmas party.
Lovely
Retail Assistant (Work Experience) (Former Employee) –  Wrexham26 July 2018
Nice place to work , lovely people , hours were ok and worked woth children and after school club , understand and helpful staff .took time to explain and help
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Early starts
fun and work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  gyle26 July 2018
Work Experience Course i did a induction and asked what i would like to experience at marks and sparks . I chose working in the foodhall . 2 weeks of learning and working
Pros
free lucnhes
Cons
no full time positon
Fun Workplace
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halesowen, West Midlands18 July 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my employment at Marks and Spencer's. I met some great people and learned some valuable skills, skills that I will translate to both my work and personal life. I would of loved my employment to have been made permanent but unfortunately it was not an option at the time.
Pros
Great Workforce
Cons
Had to leave!
Good colleagues and team spirit, but hours and management were poor
In store operations assistant (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire13 July 2018
During my time at Marks and Spencer, I enjoyed working with a welcoming and supportive team, however the inflexible attitude to weekend work and compulsory overtime made maintaining a reasonable work life balance difficult. Management was generally poor, for example my exit interview when I left was not done properly.
Cons
Having to work both days of every weekend and having no choice on overtime.
Lovely Team
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London12 July 2018
Work as part of a great friendly team, management can be flexible with days off if you need to swap. Mainly involves stoking and tills. Focus in con customer service making sure customers have a positive experience with the store putting them first
fun
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackburn5 July 2018
A typical day could vary depending on the busy-ness of the shop, i learnt that customers actually listen to the employees opinions and take heed on it.
Fun
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading4 July 2018
enjoyed working there and the typical day would consist of working in a team and alone to complete a task. Also I learnt to be more confident with talking to customers.
productive
Store Operations Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 July 2018
overall not a bad company to work for. can be challenging at times and tiring but can be rewarding especially with colleagues 20% discount. hardest part would be staffing, most stores tend to be less staffed.
Fun and Productive
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow2 July 2018
I really enjoyed working at m&s! the staff were really friendly and the work environment was productive. the only thing i'd say is that they need more employees and should till train more people.
Pros
Free Lunches, Kind Staff
Cons
Not enough staff
productive
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe26 June 2018
always busy. either stacking shelves or working behind the till. felt like you earned your money. Team environment so involved good social skills.overall was a good experience
Pros
good organisation
Friendly staff
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Helens, Merseyside21 June 2018
In the few years i worked at Marks and Spencer it was a friendly atomosphire to work in...the staff were very helpful and always pleasant..i enjoyed the jobs i did..especially working the butchers counter, unfortunately it is no longer in the st helens store.
Pros
Discount on food
Work experience review
Sales Floor Customer assistant (Former Employee) –  Handforth19 June 2018
organised but busy and you have to deal with irritating customers. I only did work experience but the staff all seemed very friendly can be overwhelming if you are in a big store.
Enthusiastic and polite
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull18 June 2018
During the day I helped replenish stock on shelves and keep shop tidy, help with any customer enquiries. Manager was very approachable and assisted me with all aspects of my work experience. My favourite part of work experience was the whole experience apart from the last day when I had to leave as I really enjoyed it. The workplace was a very happy uplifting environment and it taught me many skills working with the public and I have taken these traits with me into my own personal life.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not having the required stock
Productive experience
retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Marble Arch, London17 June 2018
A typical day at work consisted of assisting customers with enquiries, displaying new merchandise, assisting tills and managing fitting rooms. The workplace community was very diverse as I was working with people from different age and ethnic groups.
Organised workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds1 June 2018
Both the shop and the supermarket were always kept nice and organised making it very accessible to everyone. Everyone within the management were all very nice and happily helped me settle in the new environment.
Yes some days not over days
Warehouse/Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlton1 June 2018
A good company to work for, but the store I work for the management is poor they show no respect to you and are trying to screw me over by moving my shifts. I do want to stay with the company but am looking at moving to a new store, the store I work for has been ran into the ground and I need to get out asap
Pros
work force are nice good people, kind would work with them all day.
Cons
Management are a joke as I say have ruined the store why i want to leave.
Weekends only
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire22 May 2018
Marks and spencers was a very professional company to work for, however it was only weekends whilst I was still involved in my studies/college course.
Pros
Friendly and fun!
Cons
Weekends only.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marks and Spencer. Our community is ready to answer.

51.8K