Marks and Spencer Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 541 reviews matching the search See all 4,627 reviews
great work place
Customer service (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 September 2018
Always busy, always learning new things and chances to progress in the work place.
Good friendly staff, many students as hours are good and flexible.
Pros
always busy
great
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 September 2018
great place to work with a simple straight forward role. it allows me to do the work i was set out to do. didnt always get the support that was required, and the line management was not of the highest caliber meaning there wasn't always the necessary support.
Pros
left to do work
Cons
repetitive
Great company to work for
customer service assistant (Former Employee) –  Lisburn28 August 2018
They were a great company to work for as they looked after all their staff and worked around you as a parent.
They would always give promotions to staff and they would involve you in charity events.
Nice place
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester26 August 2018
Always busy. Learned how to take card transactions. Management ok.workplace good. Fitting rooms hardest part of job stood on your feet constantly. People who you meet daily is nice
Pros
Discount card
Great fun workplace
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen24 August 2018
I really enjoyed working here as part of a work experience course. Great people, very friendly staff who helped me along the way. I now have experience with till work and working with the public.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
It was work experience only
quit enjoyable
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff24 August 2018
it is a full on establishment where you are essentially doing multiples things at once. clearing tables filling in stock when its running low. makind food.
Productive and Fun workshop.
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Shoreham by Sea, West Sussex23 August 2018
A very early start..6 am . I was responsible for Footwear department. We had to tidy and put out new footwear stocks and keep it up through out the day. Finding a matching pair can be a challenge in it self at times. I have learnt how efficient and organised I am on keeping the footwear tidy and organised. I also helped to stock take when asked. I also helped out at other departments when asked and helped customers with their enquiries and served them.
Pros
staff discounts at M&S
polite, fun
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Park18 August 2018
I enjoyed working at Marks and Spencers all the staff where nice and friendly managment where helpfull throughout my whole time working at Marks and Spencers.
Pros
20% discount.
Cons
distance
good place of work
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  London12 August 2018
My time here is excellent I enjoyed every bit of it until I left to pursue a new career. All the people were very nice to work with and the pay was good
Not good for seasonal work
Customer Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redhill, Surrey11 August 2018
There were a lot of young managers who lacked experience. No feedback was given. A 20 discount of M & S products up to a limit, if a temporary staff. One set of uniform given but they were out of stock for gloves to stock fridges and freezers. this maybe only applies to temporary staff.
Good
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London11 August 2018
Overall Marks & Spencer is a good company to work for. Good opportunities are provided for all workers and there are chances for you to progress your career in M&S.
Pros
Good relationship with colleagues
Cons
Hard manual work
Great Place to do a placement
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swansea10 August 2018
This was a great place to do a placement with Remploy. I would have liked to have carried on with the role if there was a paid opportunity available. It was fun and challenging, management was really supportive.
Lovely Staff, But not great Management
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Albans9 August 2018
Great place to work, to meet new people and make friends, however management were not great.

Great benefits, 20 percent staff discount.

Holidays and days off, for temp workers is bad.
Pros
Good discount, supportive employees
Cons
Long Hours, Breached contract for notice period ending
avoid
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brighton2 August 2018
Management in this store is a joke.
Lacking in compassion for staff, and expected to work in poor conditions without proper care.
Recently my store has changed its opening hours until 8pm and everyone is expected to do at least one 8pm finish a week.
Not very feasible if you have children or a family.

Avoid.
Pros
Nice Discount
Cons
Poor management
love my job
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Telford25 July 2018
i have worked for this company for nearly 6 years and i have learnt so many new skills. I started as a customer assistant and have progressed my way up to section co-ordinator. I am currently manager ready but there is currently not an option for me to progress due to limited positions.
Pros
fantastic management
Good Company
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire24 July 2018
Established company, good discount. Limited chance to progress. Salary bindings between jobs too small so staff do not always want to take more responsibility on.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Morale
Fun
Manager customer service (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth24 July 2018
Customer Service Manager at one the well respected and UK leading High Street Stores, Marks & Spencer’s. I was responsible for a team of customer services advisors, to make that we delivered exceptional customer service to the general public. I was also responsible for organising staff rota’s, dealing with customer enquires and complaints, team manage my team, promoting the features and benefits of Marks & Spencer’s.

• Day to day running of busy Customer Service Department.
• Manage team of 10 customer service advisors.
• Marketing and media strategies.
• Manage client’s expectations.
• Dealing with customer enquires? Complaints
• Organising Staff Rotas’.
Pros
Discount
Cons
On you feet all day
Excellent Team work and collaboration
Qualified Customer Service Advisor in Halifax Wool (Former Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire23 July 2018
Another ideal workplace and the work culture is so diverse and the staff are so friendly and customer focussed that working in Marks and Spencers is something to be very proud of.

Every staff member is made to feel very welcome from the first day and the various teams have a healthy competition between them which helps the company to succeed. Overall one of my favourite places to work.
A good company to work for.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey23 July 2018
M&S are a good company that, from my experience, takes very good care of their staff. They provide all the necessary training required to do your job properly as well as teaching you extra bits should you request it.
oppressive and depressing
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow22 July 2018
I work in the Byres Road store in Glasgow. the store is very short staffed so there is always a lot of work to do, on some days there are more managers in store than actual sales staff on the shop floor. the management talk a good game but fail to deliver, for example after being asked our opinion on some new ways of working that has been implemented some of the staff got taken to the office and told if the didn't like it they could resign. On the whole staff moral in store is rock bottom. It is also expected of you to do extra hours rarely even getting asked before your rota is changed
Pros
general staff and customers are all very friendly
Cons
managment couldn't care less about the staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marks and Spencer. Our community is ready to answer.

51.8K