Marks and Spencer Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

mens wear assistant
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwich City Centre, Norfolk8 June 2018
I worked in mens ware for marks and spencers for the princes trust get into retail. it was very fun. I loved helping all the customers. I welcomed them with a happy smile. Im proud to say that i worked in M&S mens wear
Pros
Confidents
Cons
Long days
Practical and Professional
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon7 June 2018
I worked here as Temporary Staff over the Christmas Period. Everyone is very Friendly. The most Enjoyable part of this job was interacting with customers, getting to know them while working at your own pace. It gets busy, so you will face challenges in the work place. The management is good. I worked on the ladieswear department which tasks ranged from being on the tills, putting out stock and working in the fitting rooms.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
N/a
Great working environment
Team Member/Customer Service assistant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool3 June 2018
I find M&S very easy going, they were willing to give me a chance when no other company would and I am very grateful for that. It is a great working environment, the staff are friendly and very professional as expected.
Pros
Most Staff are friendly, very helpful and never a dull moment
Cons
angry/upset customers, sometimes a lack of leadership
Friendly
Part-time Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklands2 June 2018
Hard work and can be boring but the staff made it much more enjoyable. Commitment to customer service will make your life far easier as the customers will appreciate you as well as the management.
Customer services, Customer assistant (Former Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex1 June 2018
excellent place to work. Good Management team. easy to get along with everyone. good working Ethos. good quality of products sold in the store, the most enjoyable part of the job was spending time with Customer trying to fill their demands and making them happy with the options giving. and

20% discount on M&S products
Great collegues to work with
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands24 May 2018
Enjoy working there but unsure of shop dtaying open but enjoy serving customets and being helpful slsao im commited to doing anything for charity my main focus is always the customer and ehat i can do for them
Pros
Great collegues
Cons
What happens if it closes
Assisted with initial opening off the new store.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Corby, Northamptonshire23 May 2018
Working with new people we were all tasked with completing the store opening before the targeted date. Various tasks require care and completion including physical set up of furniture and products, training in quality customer service, monies and till training, researching and memorizing product information etc...
Pros
Varied team with varied skills and abilities.
Cons
Long hours.
Every day is different
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian23 May 2018
I enjoy working in the Lingerie Department as a Bra Fitter. I enjoy being with the customer from the start to finish while fitting. The most fulfilling part of the job is fitting a bra for a cancer patient as most of them do not feel good about themselves but when you get a bra to fit them, they feel more like before their cancer.I have had many tears shed from customers during this type of fit.
Fun but shortlived
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trafford Centre, Greater Manchester21 May 2018
only a part time temporary job but had a good time nonetheless the staff were all polite, and the company had good management in charge never any issues.
Pros
The management
Cons
Was only Part Time
Great money but being on tills for 8 hours straight kills you
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow16 May 2018
The benefits and salary were really good but there was a sort of heirarchy with the people who worked different departments. If you werent pushing the credit card Marks has on customers then you were useless to them and lowkey got told off.
Pros
Moneyyyy
Cons
Youll want to die
Great place
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset13 May 2018
Wonderful retail experience
Really enjoyable and the staff discount ian fabulous.
Fun work with great people. Meet lots of different people and learn many skills. I did a first ad course.
Room to progress.
Pros
Staff discount, great products
Cons
Long hours at weekends and evening
Professional
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London12 May 2018
Marks and Spencers has given me a great experience within the working culture. The most enjoyable part of it all is delivering great customer service.
Pros
Great pay, flexibility
Cons
Pay not dealt with adequetly.
They dont pay enough
Storeman/Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Inverurie8 May 2018
Although the company is well known they pay staff a very low wage which means a very high staff turn over. Other than that the company was ok to work for.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Lack of decent pay
Enjoyable job and well looked after
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire5 May 2018
Taken on during Xmas period but was kept on afterwards. Worked on the tills dealing with the public which i really enjoyed. I also helped out in various areas of the shop.
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dunfermline3 May 2018
I enjoy my time at M&S, the management listen and thoughts always get a response, your work is always appreciated and shown with rewards. My store can get boring at times as their isn’t any music and if it’s bit too busy I find myself wandering around aimlessly.
Pros
Great employee-customer relationships
Cons
Boring
retail
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, Dorset2 May 2018
Promoted a welcoming environment where customers received great service and maintained the working area to exceptional standards
Responsibly operated the till, handling cash and credit / debit cards and accurately balanced the till at the end of the shift
Dealt with customers’ enquiries and complaints face-to-face and resolved any issues quickly and efficiently
Maintained high standards with respect to customer services, security and sales skills
Excellent company
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worksop, Nottinghamshire27 April 2018
I’ve worked for nearly 8 years at marks and Spencer’s in Worksop and it’s been a fantastic experience working with a brilliant team! However the lack of hours and overtime is my reason for looking for another job! I would recommend it to other people seeking work
Pros
Great team
Cons
Lack of hours and overtime
Flexible management, stiff breaks!
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes23 April 2018
The only annoying thing about working here was the limited breaks one gets. But hey, maybe that's just me. 6 hour shift gives you only a 15 minute break - which sucks because you're on your feet.
But otherwise, great company, okay-to- good pay.
Pros
Free food in staff room sometimes as well as discounted clothing to buy. Well stocked canteen
Cons
Limited breaks
work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Heswall23 April 2018
good company to work for only worked there over christmas but really enjoyed working nights , would work for them again over christmas , hours were good and managers were easy to talk to .
Fun and good experience
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Hedge End21 April 2018
I enjoyed working at M&S, it was a good insight working with different employees and consumers. There was never a dull day at work, there was always something exciting happening. The hardest part of my job was dealing with complaints and unsatisfied consumers as being a sales assistant you are not fully sure on how to help or compensate the consumer however, on the other when you have satisfied consumers, it makes your day as everyone is happy.
Pros
Staff discount is very generous
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marks and Spencer. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K