Marks and Spencer Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 558 reviews matching the search See all 4,769 reviews
Great team, not enough staff
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Guildford, UK5 December 2018
The staff and manager are great, basically become a family and a unit where we all work well together. Unfortunately the company just doesn't hire enough staff to make the busiest days manageable.
The management in specific sections are great but some of the higher up management just don't understand the areas they work in and aren't approachable.
The most enjoyable thing really is the team you work with and the customers.
Hardest part is the lack of staffing creating needlessly stressful days.
Pros
Team
Cons
Understaffed Peak Hours
workplacement
Customer Service Assistant (Work Placement) (Former Employee) –  Ellesmere Port, UK5 December 2018
I did a 2 week placement . In which i learnt how to get stock from the warehouse . An place on the shop floor. An help other staff members when asked.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Great place until they give you a very bad manager .
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry arena park27 November 2018
It was a great place to work .but they kept changing managers.I had the best manager at the start and when I left I had the worst manager of my working career.I loved going to work at the start .it was a dream job . Loads of support from my first manager. I hated going to work in the end it made me ill.
Pros
Great work colleagues. Good discount. Fun at times .
Cons
Kept changing managers. If you get a bad one the job becomes very hard
a coporate company
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme23 November 2018
Like any company it is all about the profits. They have good management teams and excellent staff who support each other. The most enjoyable part of the job was first thing in the morning when there was no customers and I was replenishing stock, baking, and laying out the cake table. The worst part was when you got an horrible customer, I felt you had give them whatever they wanted irrelevant of whether they were right.
Pros
freindly staff and management and 20% DISCOUNT
Cons
pressure on the staff
Productive, fun workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnsley23 November 2018
I enjoyed my time working at Marks and Spencer as I was a fun Workplace and I gained experience whilst I was at school...………………………………………………………………………….
good pay, temporary contracts no good
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff22 November 2018
Good pay. poor management. Do not appreciate staff work like dogs bodys and get nothing in return. Colleagues were fab pay was great environment not a very nice place to work
I love it there
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ipswich16 November 2018
Marks and Spencer is I’m my first ever job they look after me cause I have learning difficulties there are all patient and I feel as part on the team love it.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff15 November 2018
Company benefits, good pay, management lovely really enjoyed my time at marks and Spencer’s would definitely work there again. Uniform supplied amazing
Pros
Nice food
Cons
Early starts
No progression in Head Office
Customer Service Advisor (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Chester7 November 2018
If you'd like to work for M&S, work in store. Working for their customer services office was great but it was great because of the people. I ended up doing a lot of management/team leader work on the lowest pay because they wouldn't offer me a secondment/pay rise/another job role. There is loads of progression in store, but not in any of the office roles.
Family orientated
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  King's Cross, Greater London1 November 2018
Family orientated company with great staff. Flexible hours to support changes in your situation. Great quality products, which are easy to sell.

Located in a busy station so I meet new people daily from different parts of the world.
lots of benefits
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, Tyne and Wear28 October 2018
a great place to work, lots of free food, good pay, a free turkey at christmas, staff were all very friendly but i wasnt given much direction in what to do on a day to day basis
Pros
Free food all day
Cons
early hours
Not a bad place to work, but not the best
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Skegness, Lincolnshire24 October 2018
The training you receive is extensive and gets you ready for the job and the vast majority of the people you encounter are lovely, however the experience is often sullied by one or two awful people.
In general though it is a good place to work and the benefits such as the 20% staff discount are brilliant.
Ok place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Bracknell14 October 2018
Not a bad place to work. Customers are definitely the worst aspect of the job, as they are often. Has strict return policies that assistants cannot overide and this is what customers tend to attack over.
Nice colleagues to work with
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kent8 October 2018
Colleagues are really great and fun to work with. Customers are great too.

I learnt the retail business is hard work.
re-stocking shelves
Keeping store clean and tidy

Management should communicate better.
Pros
Discount card
Cons
Communication
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe7 October 2018
working at marks and Spencers was a really good experience for me as I learnt a lot about how to deliver good customer service. all staff members are friendly and welcoming
Amazing management but not enough hours
Customer Service Advisor (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Gunwharf Quays, Portsmouth28 September 2018
The day was structured really well and we rotated our roles on the hour to prevent monotony which was really fair so that everybody got a chance to do everything from the dressing room to till.

The management were absolutely lovely and because I had a positive attitude this was recognised so even though I had only worked there a few months, I was invited to meetings about careers within M&S which made me feel appreciated.

After 9 months and obtaining a 100% score with a mystery shopper, (& winning a radio as an incentive!) I was given a permanent contract but unfortunately the most available was 23 hours so when I was offered a full time job elsewhere I took it.

NB:- This was an outlet store
Pros
Uniform provided
Cons
Not enough hours available
Friendly place to work
Customer Services & Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merton28 September 2018
Friendly staff
Busy
Management are ok
Easily accessible
Always looking for employees who want to work extra hours
Take your attendance seriously
fun
Volunteer Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watford14 September 2018
· Working across various departments providing support for team members and delivering excellent customer service,
· Assisting with customer queries and dealing with ad hoc complaints in a calm, effective and friendly manner,
· Maintaining appearance of various displays across the store,
· Implementation of company procedures and policies.
Pros
i leant a lot
Cons
non
great work place
Customer service (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 September 2018
Always busy, always learning new things and chances to progress in the work place.
Good friendly staff, many students as hours are good and flexible.
Pros
always busy
great
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 September 2018
great place to work with a simple straight forward role. it allows me to do the work i was set out to do. didnt always get the support that was required, and the line management was not of the highest caliber meaning there wasn't always the necessary support.
Pros
left to do work
Cons
repetitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marks and Spencer. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K