Marks and Spencer Employee Reviews in London

Found 518 reviews matching the search See all 4,769 reviews
long hours with low salary
STOCK CONTROL & SALES ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Waterloo Station london24 November 2018
typical day will consist of managing and distributing stock through out the store and managing the deliveries. what I learnt there was different methods of stock control. the management was not the greatest as they did not take into considerations staff opinions and views.
Everything great except management
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 November 2018
I loved the job, the pay and the customers however sometimes it would get very quiet and no one would be doing anything productive. If i did something when it was quiet, I was told I didn't need to so days would drag. Management wasn't great, they would stand around and talk all day. There were so many leadership roles but not enough leadership.
Pros
Amazing pay
Good Working Environment
Programme Manager (Former Employee) –  London30 October 2018
I enjoyed my time at M&S, it provided a stimulating and challenging environment to work. During my time at M&S I gained valuable insights into the business side of projects which has helped me in my current role.
good place
Group Chef (Former Employee) –  London18 October 2018
good employers they really want you to enjoy a decent work life balance

lots of incentives for certain pay scales , loads of layers of management, very slow decisions
Pros
good dicount
Cons
layers of lazy managers
great workplace
Kew - Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London18 October 2018
M&S was a great place to work whilst in education. Management in the workplace was really supportive during times of change and allowed me to be flexible. During my time at M&S I tried to get a transfer but was un able to and this is the hardest part of the job as the whole process was unclear.
productive fun workplace
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  London16 October 2018
Honestly, working here wasn't the worst job in the world. Although around Christmas time the hours can be long and tiring but they are4 worth it with all the benefits you receive (wages). the management wasn't all that but that's not to be discussed as its not my place but management were easy to talk to.
Pros
20% discount, flexible working hours
Cons
can have long hours
Not the greatest
Beauty Customer Assistant/Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London16 October 2018
Marks used to be a great company to work for. Unfortunately lately this has changed due to incredible requirements from the company, like giving them regularly your free-time to maybe suit their needs, but never yours. As well, managers do not treat staff with respect most of the times.
one of the best stores
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  London9 October 2018
its lives up to its name. they treat staff well here and enjoyed my job and the people i worked with i loved meeting people and helping them with their shopping experience
Customers Assistant (Current Employee) –  London5 October 2018
Really enjoyed it, friendly staff and environment. however alot of pressure can be out on you. The way is really good and it is an overall good company to work for with a lot of benefits for the staff. They also take care of customers I must say.
Pros
discount
Cons
new changes
fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London2 October 2018
it was really fun met new people and enjoyed working with them a good and helpful team with a caring and flexible manager that is understanding and supportive

Want to know more about Marks and Spencer?

Ask a question
first job since leaving school
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  London1 October 2018
Marks and Spencer's was my first job since I left school so I was 16 and it was my first ever job so it was fun working for them so I learnt all my customer service skills from working in Marks and Spencer's in Kensington High Street
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Career change
productive fast moving work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London25 September 2018
The store I worked in was a small branch therefore the job changed every day, wish I enjoyed because it wasn't boring. Although I know this is the same across retail, I didn't like how often managers where changed as things were done differently with each change.
Pros
discount card
Cons
hours not very flexible
Close teams to work with
Section Coordinator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London17 September 2018
I have worked in four stores over six years all have made me feel a valued contributor. From experience lager stores have better support for employees and job development and staff amenities which vary a lot between different stores.
Pros
Progression, inclusive working environment.
Cons
Unsociable hours very common for which you are not really compensated for.
great work place
Customer service (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 September 2018
Always busy, always learning new things and chances to progress in the work place.
Good friendly staff, many students as hours are good and flexible.
Pros
always busy
great
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 September 2018
great place to work with a simple straight forward role. it allows me to do the work i was set out to do. didnt always get the support that was required, and the line management was not of the highest caliber meaning there wasn't always the necessary support.
Pros
left to do work
Cons
repetitive
productive
Hospitality Staff (Former Employee) –  London11 September 2018
marks and spencer is a good job however its difficult for student in college as the job is not flexible. additionally they do pay well and r understandable for people with families.
Pros
beautiful pay
Cons
not flexible for students in college
Very bad place where you can work
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  London9 September 2018
The store look nice but behind you will see a lot of horrible things. The manager walk around and it will let you do everything. They use you like an animal, and they do a lot of favoritism.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
used to be fun but the company has changed
Assistant Manager Store Operations (Current Employee) –  London7 September 2018
when i first joined marks and spencer it was a decent company but now its just like any other supermarket which of course marks and spencer inspires to be more than that
Pros
discount
Cons
poor leadership
Sales Assistant (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  London28 August 2018
Great place to work wish i never left, ensure training is done not copied, fun work place. Always active great managers, i feel this company showed me how to work in compliance with company rules/process
Pros
Great staff
Large head office
Administrator (Former Employee) –  London20 August 2018
Lots of good benefits and friendly people. Had international presence and gave exposure to lots of different roles. Lots of staff but still felt valued as an individual.
Pros
subsidised lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marks and Spencer. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K