Marie Curie

Marie Curie Employee Reviews

United Kingdom373 reviews
Lovely relaxed environment to work in
I learnt a lot of new skills volunteering with marie curie. Great staff and management. Friendly staff who were very helpful and took great care in their work. The customers were always grateful of the work i done there. I would definatly consider going back in the right circumstances.
Such a rewarding job!
I love my job at Marie Curie, it is so rewarding to care for patients in their own homes at the end of their life, the salary for a night shift is good. The management are so helpful and always at the end of the phone.
Great
As a volunteer I found it a Great place to build retail experience and all the staff were lovely, you could also choose witch day you wanted to work and how many days.
Pros
training given
Cons
very busy all the time.
Productive & interesting
just as normal as any retail environment. The thing I most took away from my time was how important up to date information manuals really are.
The hardest part of my job was getting the manager to share duties and use me as an assistant rather than keep everything to themselves. this only left them so stressed they were difficult to work with.
Worthy place to work
I volunteered for Marie Curie as they are a very worthwhile cause looking after people at the end of their life. I found them to be professional and courteous and I would volunteer for them again.
Richard Moorby
I have been a fundraising volunteer through the great daffodil appeal in Lancashire between February and will continue until the first Saturday in April when the last collection is in Clitheroe
Pros
Work as part of a team and learn from customers how they have benefitted from the charity.
Very good
What normally happened was people came donated clothes some came in to look at the clothes we had.the most enjoyable experience was talking to new people listening to their interesting stories
Good place to work for
Very nice place to work, every day is different, fast paced environment to work, give you all the training and support you need, an pleasure to work for, I would definitely recommend
Pros
Brillaint support
Cons
Sunday assistant manager is not enough hours unless you get over time
Avoid working here.
Minimum wage, rushed around all day, most shop mangers attitude stinks and if you stick up for yourself they will ring managment and complain about it. Forced to do work which wasn't in my job discription and when i asked about it i was threatened with loosing my job. Very poor managment nobody ever answers the phone when you need more information they don't want to know.. Most shop workers sit in the back eating all day
Amazing
It was amazing to volunteer at this shop because you get to meet new people and make friends. You gain confidence with working in the environment and you get taught about the health and safety.
Wonderful organisation
Only gripes I would have is low pay & no contract, however everyone I have met representing the Charity have been wonderful & full of compassion when dealing with our patients
Love working here
The management are great. My colleagues are all wonderful to work with. It's the perfect voluntary job. I love being part of the Marie curie North Shields shop team.
Tagging tops.
I tagged tops and hung them up to be put out into the shop then get the toys with all pieces so they can be sold to customers with no compaints that their missing a piece.
Volunteeer
Being a volunteer in Marie Curie has many benefits, you get to meet so.many different people in any given day .
Some days customers are in for a chat as ( possibly ) may not talk to anyone else that day .

I feel if I can bring a smile to 1 person when I'm on duty then it's been a worthwhile chat , I listen to what's been said & empathise accordingly.
Very good company to work for. Management was ok to work for the staff were easy to get along with. Got busy and there was always something to do, there was never nothing to do
fun
It was all perfect. The staff was very nice and caring. We had fair break times. We all got along with others. We would all eat together and make everyone tea and coffee
Productive and relaxed work place.
I tag and hang clothes and steam clothes and hover .I pack stock to go to other stores .I find tagging clothes the most difficult .Steaming clothes is the most enjoyable part of the job . It is useful to ask for help when needed .The staff are helpful.
Enjoyable place to work
I am working as a volenteer for marie curie, i enjoy working at front of house as i get to meet lots of people from all walks, i believe in the charity work they are doing as it helps so many people in need.
Productive and a fun place to work
I loved working for Marie Curie, of course there was stressful times specially being a Store Manager when you didn't know whether volunteers would come in or not.

There was a lot of paperwork to do, you had to calcuate the amount of items going on to te shop floor and coming off to make sure it was balanced.

If you needed stock you would need to call your Area Manager/the driver and ask for extra stock to be delivered.
Started off well and slowly declined
I loved my job with MARIE Curie at first but over the 10 years that I worked there the culture became quite vicious and changes made it difficult for nurses to actually work despite there being many individuals requiring care.
Pros
Towards the end ..... sadly nothing
Cons
A toxic culture
Best place to work
I loved working for Marie Curie. It's been such an amazing experience. I worked as admin and wouldn't have changed it for any other job (expect to be an astronaut but that would never happen!).
Everyone is so welcoming and helpful, I left because of maternity and I miss it everyday!

Definetly recommend to anyone who wants to work there. You won't regret it!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marie Curie. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2