Maria Mallaband Care Group

United Kingdom172 reviews
Featured review
Maria Mallaband Care Group selected this as a representative review
Really happy
I've been working at the home for a few years now and am really happy with my job. I don't feel like I'm there just to get the numbers up at all. Quite the opposite I feel like I'm making a change to the residents quality of life.

My shifts are long but I can swap and be flexible so suits me and the kids perfectly.
22 May 2019
We’re glad to hear you are really happy in your role – thank you for taking the time to write a review! Working in Care is definitely a rewarding role so it’s great that you feel you’re making a difference to our residents lives – we’re sure they agree!
Stay away
I'm so glad to be out of this company they are an absolute disgrace the management are horrific a better term would be bullys . No support ignorant and dont care about the staff . Stay away
Good Care but bad domestics
My typical day at work would start by me cleaning all residents rooms and corridors on the floor I was allocated on.
The most enjoyable part was talking to the residents and care staff. The hardest part was dealing with the domestic team. Lazy and they didnt follow the correct infection control measurements in place. One time I was cleaning a green carpet and behind the bed and chair it was white, full of dirt and stains.

Management was okay but don't expect anything to great. Sometimes management listens and other times does not. As a whole Maria Mallaband was a good company to work for and the pay was good.
Would highly recommend as an employer.
I worked for the company for 7 years, I fully enjoyed my job and if it was not for there being no more progression route for me at the time due to me not been a qualified nurse, then I would of stayed for many more years. It's a shame they created a position just as I was leaving to start a new job. The management from home manager, to regional, HR and senior operations managers (especially) , I found was always approachable and supportive. So I would 100% recommend them as an employer.
Wish i never worked for this company
If you are happy to work in a bullying environment mostly by the management then go ahead and work for this company. Head office take nothing seriously. The woman who is so called 'management' is absolutely awful, extremely lazy and unprofessional. How they had even got the job role is beyond me yet alone run 2 care homes! The quality of care is shocking. Anything to cut costs! Worst company I have ever worked for quite honestly and I do not recomend to anyone.
Please don't bother
HORRENDOUS I can't waste any more of my time on this Company. Overworked and a serious clique going on. If your face fitted fine, if it didn't forget it!
Pros
Cons
Too many to mentio
Avoid!
I was at a newly built luxury home recently. Over 100 staff lost in 8 months and even agency staff refuse to work there. Bullies and poor management. Don’t waste your time at this place.
great place to work
fab brilliant people really well knowledgeable about the services provided to the clients, manager helped get the job done and office door was always open
Fast paced and hard but enjoyable
As a Carer the work is hard and fast paced but very enjoyable, I really enjoyed being a carer and assisting vulnerable people with their daily activities and personal care
Fab
Working here was a fabulous experience the management was very friendly and helpful and made my experience very good. I felt completely supported throughout my time there
Avoid
So i worked for this company from nov 19 till 31st jan 2020 I bent over backward for them leaving my four children with childcare when they decide to ring at dinner asking me to do a extra shifts it was not a problem i even did a 6pm til 8am shift wen i only contract 8pm till 8am no paid break .. some staff nurses and management treat you like rubbish ..
Management sack you for NO REASON

The cqc report april 2019 SHAMFUL

The whloe company disgusting

Please dont NOT WORK for this company
Awful- Willowbank care home ADMIN
I would avoid at all costs working for them, management well are a bunch of cowboys who just bully you!! It’s run without any class! No proper training some staff aren’t even dbs checked!! I feel so so sorry for the residents, treated so poorly! Nurses pins on line because they put the nurses , care staff in vulnerable positions ! Show no respect towards their staff... avoid at all costs !!!
Tiring.
Working here will promise you will
Be overworked and underpaid. Staff are all very friendly. Management could be much more supportive and sensitive to certain areas. Short staffed regularly. Selective treatment for staff
Pros
Wonderful residents and staff
Cons
Poor management. Management are not understanding.
Nope
Not sure what to write, but...I sign my contract with my holiday booked, which, the admin said yes, the manager said no. After, the manager accepted my holiday but like unpaid leave BUT she took from my paid hours of holiday, and DIDN’T paid my holiday...a huge mess. The team is great, but the management is...NOT
Poorly managed, just a number to them
They literally treat you like your just a number. Do not care what type of carer you are as no supervisions etc. Lack compassion. Always short staffed so lots of agency which means harder work load on original staff. Staff come and go and yet no questions are asked as to why. I’ve worked with some of the best nurses and carers there and they have all left due to poor management and not being treated with respect, but they do not try to ask why or get them to come back !
Avoid
Management culture of bullying - all nice when interviewed but changes quickly. Don't care about standards - put RNs in dangerous positions with way too much work and insufficient staff. Always blame nurses / care staff when things go wrong. If you complain you're classed as negative and look for things to get rid of you over. Don't risk your PIN - avoid!
Poor management
Forse you todo things that are illegal or bad practice and if you stand up for yourself your made to feel like it's you that is the problem. Made pregant girl deal with D&V and forced to turn clients of 21stone with a small slide sheet in a single bed. Then left with bad reference because they had to be signed off work through reduced movement caused by stress from nurses ans management. One nurse in particular is a bully and when reported thing done abit her.
depressing
The job as a kitchen assistant was a good job and paid well for the number of hours I worked. However, the management was poor and the overall feel of the home was sad and depressing. When on the residential floors it always smelt of urine and you could tell no one like being there or working there. When it came to the management is was beyond poor, with them never sorting out my uniform the whole time I was there (which is a violation of their rules as you must wear a uniform to work for health and safety). Then my chef who I had to report to was rude to me and potentially put the whole home at risk, as I phoned in sick one day as I had similar symptoms to what my partner had just days after she had pneumonia and the chef told me I could still work as I quote "I don't need my voice to wash up". Needless to say, not long after this I have left the care home and hope to never work there again.
Been here 6 months so far !
What can I say ? I absolutely love working here , everyone is so supportive and helpful . I started as a hospitality assistant and I now work on activities too! The management are so supportive and are always there if you need them. It’s such a rewarding career making a difference to our lovely residents lives every day 😀 feel at home 🏠 great place to work ! Thank you for making me feel part of the family !
Lovely staff, absent manager
The staff are lovely, always happy to help. The manager, on the other hand, is always too busy to deal even with the most urgent matters and when confronted, gets angry. The only time she's actually free to speak to you is when you're expected to take on extra shifts. Would be a great workplace otherwise.
17 December 2019
It’s always lovely to hear that our staff are supported by their colleagues – we work hard to ensure the work culture within our services is a positive one! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
Productive and good working environment
Maria Mallaband Care Group is one of the best company providing care for people age 65 and above. They have best quality care in United Kingdom. They provide various type of care from nursing, residential, and nursing dementia.
17 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a 5* review - it's lovely to hear that our staff are happy in their work!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maria Mallaband Care Group. Our community is ready to answer.