Maplin

Maplin Employee Reviews

United Kingdom312 reviews
A great place to work where the team were all good friends by the time the company folded. Store level managers were usually excellent and our technological knowledge definitely prevent more than a few house fires in the area.
Staff are friendly. Goes fast. A joy to help and please customers. Management are friendly and couteous and show integrity when it comes to treating all both internal and external customers in a friendly couteous manner. Managers are humanistic leaders not rookie bosses who think management is some form of bad parenting.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Shops being closed down due to on-line shopping.
My time at Maplins wasn't very long, however in the space of a year I met a great bunch of people who were welcoming and very friendly and still my friends to this day. The management team was always willing to help if needed and never stood around. I was able to balance my social and work life evenly. Great job and it's a shame the company went into administration or I would have stayed.
Everyday had a different target so great for a target driven person, Was a great company till it went bust, great and friedly coworkers including those from other stores
This job was great, small enough Officer for around 30 people. Management were best I have ever come across. Hours were fantastic but wage was really low.
Its a shame company came to an end but was really chalenginh and exciting working for maplin. Everyday was different and learnt something new. It was very knowledgeable and it was just up my sleeve
A good place to work. Day to day activities were routine and were easy to do. Management was good but ultimately the board of directors made bad choices which lead to the fall of Maplin.
Thoroughly enjoyed work life balance, Unfortunate the company went into administration, after a year of me leaving. Was a very good company to work for with very strong values .
At Maplin, I worked on the shop floor with customers who of which wanted/need help with purchasing the right product. Me being a musician I worked and still work with a lot of tech equipment, so I was able to utilize that knowledge for the job. I worked at the tills a lot of the time which I enjoyed due to the fact that it allowed me to communicate with the customers more and help them feel welcomed as well as relaxed.
Best placed I have worked at so far in my career, great to touch and feel exclusive products, plus the people and colleagues made the place great to work in
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Maplin?
Company collapsed I had a good time there learned Alot with customer service management were lovely unfortunately company was hit with recession and online took over
Working at Maplin there was a whole range of tasks to be done to maintain the business of the shop. I learned quite a lot during my time there
Much of the staff and customers were very friendly and this helped boost workplace morale.

The job was anything but easy, shifts could be very long and due to the nature of the work, it being quite a busy high street shop, you were not always expected to receive a break. But it is a lovely role to help customers and
It is an alright job. If you trying to have fun while working then yea, it is the job for you but you need to have a lot of patience to be working in that.
A fun place to work with so many products on offer it’s impossible to not like this company. Every day is different so it impossible to choose a specific reason.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Working bank holidays
Fantastic place to work - a small, close, helpful team to deal with.

Management were fair with training and advice readily available.

..............
It was great to feel like your opinion made a real difference, A great culture just a shame they went into administration
Pros
great colleaue discount
Cons
micro managed at times
nice place to work/ no job security. lost my job when they went into administration. otherwise it was a good experience while it lasted.
nothing more.
Maplin had everything any one could need in terms of electronics it was the best place to go. Being a sales adviser there was a great opportunity to from friendships with customers.

It did have issues though mainly with management which in the end caused the demise of the company.
Maplin is a lively fun environment to work in. there are a lot of things to do and the staff is very friendly and will help when one is stuck. overall good environment.
was good fun company to work for many good memories built here was a small team but we looked out for each other and still in contact with them now . fun
I worked here when I was 17/18 and it was an okay job for a college student but they let me go when I couldn't do more hours because of college. The management weren't the greatest either as it took them 4 months to respond to my calls after doing work experience there