Map Group UK

Map Group UK Employee Reviews

you're expected leave home at 6am and work solid till its dark, no help and nobody cares for your welfare. It was all about keeping Virgin media happy and nothing else
Pros
nice colegues
Good management support and work life balance. Lots of work in the pipeline and the business is only going to grow. Strong opportunities for development and abundance of training available.
Pros
Good pay, growing business, positive working environment
Cons
N/a
I have learnt a lot working on the job at map group. I have received training in a number of areas that has equipped me well to complete assigned work.
Can be a ok company to work for Need to be confident and motivated a bit too much work at times due to staff shortage The work place culture is ok at times.
Worked here for 2 years as a Technician for Virgin Media. Good rates of pay. Some long hours however some early days. Company van provided including a f
Met some great people at map. Great to work for. Working away can be tough sometimes but you have to just get on with it. You also get an allowance every week to live on tax free.
Have to be in with management to make money. Route will more than likely be 100+ mile travel. You have to pay if anything is accidentally damaged, managers think they’re the bees knees and they will not let you Cancel a job unless they have tried to clear ducting themselves
Pros
Can earn money if route is ok
Cons
More than likely have the worst routes imaginable when you start
Horrendous. Don't even know how they can get away with salary structure. Paid per job completed and unrealistic workloads to complete. Sub standard tools/uniform/ppe provided. Forced by localised management to breach highway regs. HR offer no support. Would not recommend MAP to my worst enemy.
Pros
Even the discount is not worth the hassle
Cons
The job
Absoulty shocking place to work. If youve got kids wife girlfriend mates a social life kiss them good bye!! Because you want have time with all these long hours 7-9 for minimum wage! Shocking mangers dont care how a job goes in because the cant lose a job oh no!
Pros
Hahahaa
Cons
Worst place to work rather work street sweepers
Did the course and completed it, went to do my 6 weeks field based training, the guy supposedly training me had no interest at all in training me as they get paid y the amount of installs they do, he couldnt be bothered
Pros
Good training and equipment
Cons
Bad filed training of your put with an idiot
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Map Group UK?
Understaffed, overworked and under appreciated. Company only cares about numbers and bonuses, uninterested if site have right equipment or are properly trained. No job security and no chance of advancement
Pros
friendly team
Cons
long hours, poorly run, uncaring management
very orientated towards the VM side of the business and little thought for those engineers who were loyal to the company being dumped back into positions they should not have been in
Pros
good salary and bonuses
Cons
not loyal to employees
If you want to work for an employer that does not care about its staff then apply to work for map. They run the bussiness on a shoe string. Constantly working over 45 hours a week with no overtime paid. Always put in akward positions, doing jobs you havent been trained enough to do. They failed to provide me with the essensial tools for over a year. Lies and false promises awate.
Pros
humor
Cons
extortion
Very demanding and stressful, no progression, don't care for their staff. not rewarding, not a good wage, management very unorganised, not enjoyable at all.
Long hours make promises that are rarely or never kept. 15 hour days are very regular. New contracts for new engineers are the worst I’ve ever seen. Work load is far to high and greed of the company pushes and pushes to get this completed no matter what the issues are. Only interest is to there profits and not there workforce.
Pros
Area managers are supporting and do there best at all times to help
Cons
Very long hours on less than minimum wage
Working at my company can be very long hours most weeks can be 60 hours plus the wage is not bad at times good company to work for if you wanna do really long hours
Pros
Cons
Very long hours
not a bad company to work for, but the hours are really long and because its not a salary or hourly wage then sometime you end up working for less than minimum wage. work loads are ridiculous and the company does not care for the staff. but the local management will do all they can to care for you. i am a fast tech/engineer for the company and i only just see the benefits of the job but then the company come to us wanting more all the time, nothing is ever good enough.
Pros
very cheap virgin media services
Cons
long hours, stressful job, can never satisfy the company
MAP looked after me and offered many career progressions over the years. I would still be there now if they hadn't lost the Virgin Media Business Contract. Very Good Company. If you work hard, you will be looked after.
Pros
Progression
Cons
A malty contracted company that has contracts with virgin media and also open reach on both copper and fibre networks. the company installs FTTP fibre to the property on behalf of open reach. They also install residential customers on behalf of virgin media installing digital TV broad band and telephone lines.
Installing Virgin Media products (Telephone, CATV and internet) in residential properties across West and South Yorkshire.
Pros
Discounted Virgin Media
Cons
Long Hours
I worked here from school as I didn't want to go to college, then my career progressed from here.
  1. Employee reviews