Manpower Employee Review

Unhealthy working environment
Associate Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Warrington1 November 2019
When I started at Manpower I was looking for a great job, great pay and something to really motivate me after University.

They sell recruitment as great for graduates , oooo money. But you have to sell your soul first. You can't be interest nor an expert in recruitment without a clear path and understand as to what you are selling.

Manpower wasn't good for this. There were non-specialism for me in this team. They were under strict instruction not to take Marketing roles to market, which was what they had hired me for, Therefore I was completely unable to do the job I'd been sold.

The office was uncomfortable as well, the rest of the team seemed reluctant to have a new person working with them. I was called names both to my face and behind my back. This behaviour isn't nice a work, and management didn't seem to be able to control this.

Other Manpower Employee Reviews

Good company
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Slough4 December 2019
Was a target based job with interviewing and screening curriculum vitae. Team work was essential individual targets and team targets must be met with incentives opportunities to grow within the company
Avoid
Temporary Contract (Former Employee) –  North West29 November 2019
I applied for a 'full time' temp job covering the run up to Christmas starting in November. I went through 2 telephone interviews, criminal background checks, employer references and an interview. A week before the start date, I hadn't received any contact so I telephoned and had to wait for over 50 mins to get through. I finally spoke to someone from Manpower 3 days later and it turns out that the background checks hadn't been sent, so I would have to start a week later...I received an email confirming the start date, working times and where to report. When I (and 6 others) turned up...the company had received incorrect names and half of them were missing. During the very brief induction, we were told that this wasn't a full time job but only part time. Everybody told the employer that they were told it was full time but when we contacted Manpower, they said that EVERYBODY had read the advert incorrectly and that it was never offered as full time. We all agreed to carry on as there was no chance of getting any other contracts this close to Christmas....So far I have worked 5 hours and on most days I get a text saying that we are not needed for that day. It's been a total disaster from start to finish and Manpower just don't care as long as their account get some cheap labour. PLEASE be very careful when you apply for a job. Manpower are working for their account....NOT you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manpower. Our community is ready to answer.

55.9K