Manpower Employee Reviews for Recruitment Consultant

Found 18 reviews matching the search See all 16,294 reviews
Behind the times
Recruitment Delivery Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol4 November 2019
Doesn't offer modern benefits, like flexible working. Micro management. Promises beyond what it delivers to employees. Non existent social activities.
Unhealthy working environment
Associate Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Warrington1 November 2019
When I started at Manpower I was looking for a great job, great pay and something to really motivate me after University.

They sell recruitment as great for graduates , oooo money. But you have to sell your soul first. You can't be interest nor an expert in recruitment without a clear path and understand as to what you are selling.

Manpower wasn't good for this. There were non-specialism for me in this team. They were under strict instruction not to take Marketing roles to market, which was what they had hired me for, Therefore I was completely unable to do the job I'd been sold.

The office was uncomfortable as well, the rest of the team seemed reluctant to have a new person working with them. I was called names both to my face and behind my back. This behaviour isn't nice a work, and management didn't seem to be able to control this.
good place to work
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh24 June 2019
good work life balance and the company would look after you when required.
pay is quite good and the training on offer was outstanding and open to people of all levels
Excellent company to get a solid education in sales
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bradford west yorkshire2 February 2019
Working for Manpower was amazing. I worked as part of a very tight knit team. We worked very hard towards challenging sales targets and were rewarded accordingly.

A typical day was 9-6pm and consisted of a team meeting, telephone sales, face-to-face appointments, client sourcing, interviewing and follow-up.
Pros
Very tight teams, challenging sales environment, hard working colleagues
fast pace
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne27 September 2018
my typical day would just be conducting telephone interviews or taking inbound calls to solve the issues people may be having with an application.
here i learned to work independently.
i have mixed opinions on the management as some were lovely and very easy to talk to when others weren't, they were difficult to go to if you had an issue and weren't very accommodating.
as i was on a 0 hour contract i wasn't always guaranteed work, however when i started i usually worked 3 weekdays for 4 hours and the weekend for 8 hours, by the end of working there i was rarely given shifts and was only required to work 1 day for 4 hours.
the hardest part of the job was that the office is very l;rage and a lot of people there and it can become a bit crowded at times.
however the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you are helping someone get a job, many people on the phones are so thankful and they are moistly lovely people.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
environment
Great benefits
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bath and North East Somerset12 February 2018
Learnt a lot about recruitment and HR procedures. Really grew with confidence and had a great variety of experience. The office closed in Bath which is the reason I left.
Pros
Great commission
Cons
good
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire17 January 2018
great company to work for the only thing to for me was the hours were long and i was commuting 3 hours per day which was not ideal. friendly people, the money was also good
Pros
good money
Cons
long commute for me
Interesting
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire11 January 2018
First office job and throughly enjoyed it. Met and worked with lots of different people from lots of different cultures through my 3 months there and would have loved to have stayed on
Brilliant place to work
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh22 August 2017
Brilliant people to work with.
Learning bay is great and managers are very supportive.
Would recommend anyone who's wanting to get into recruitment or even develop their experience.
Late nights
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire15 June 2017
Dealing with Class 1 and 2 drivers
Interviewing candidates
getting jobs on
going out and meeting the different businesses
Dealing with the Royal Mail
Pros
Got to go out the office
Cons
Was put in the wrong department
Unfortunatdly i found this company to be vey poor to work for. The management style was very bad and there was lots if bullying ongoing.
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, Midlothian30 January 2017
Very poor salary and training. The working environment was horrendous. People didn't enjoy going into work as the Manager often had mood swings which left a terrible office atmosphere. Worst company that I've ever worki for.
Pros
Cons
Poor treatment
Great Friendly Environment
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central30 September 2016
Loved working with all my colleagues, we got an really well. Sales, phones, meetings, clients, candidadtes, money making.
Good company
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Reading, ENG17 January 2016
Good company in general. a Lot of competition among co-workers, bad management in certain branch's. Learned a lot. Challenging.
Enthusiastic Workplace
Pre-Screen Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  newcastle27 May 2015
The company has excellent internal moral. Fast paced environment to work in. I have learned about attention to detail and how to manage my day effectively.
Recruitment Consultant
Recruitment Consultant - Logistics & Driving (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen29 March 2015
I manage the Permanent desk within the Driving & Logistics team in Aberdeen. This is a new desk I have initiated and the work is varied taking in Sales and Business Development to Account Management and Recruitment.
Pros
Competitive and Autonomous Role
Cons
Salary and constrained parameters for job growth
Agency
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Peterborough2 November 2013
I enjoyed working with the team, but not enough hours in the end as the post was coming to a close.
Bus on the whole i found everyone at Manpower constructive and helpful
Rubbish
Pre screen recruitment consultant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle Upon Tyne27 September 2013
Worked recently as a pre screen consultant, training is horrendous, and all the people you interview get paid more than yourself. STAY CLEAR OF THIS ROLE. The management are also horrendous !
Pros
Home time
Cons
dont get me started