Manpower Employee Reviews for Handler

Found 5 reviews matching the search See all 16,302 reviews
Make Sure That They Confirm Your Salary
Emergency Call Handler (Former Employee) –  Hinckley, Leicestershire22 October 2019
Applied for a job with an advertised salary of £18,900 with an increase after a qualifying period. One week into my training. They tell us that the advert which I used to apply for a job is mid July. Was withdrawn on July 1st. Which was a total lie. Then the condescending coordinator tells me it's only £41 per week difference and I should accept it.
Love receiving emergency calls
Call Handler (Former Employee) –  Bangor, Gwynedd23 June 2017
Great office life, very serious as you are handling calls to the emergency services. Friendly environment, secure building. Competitive pay. Also handled by opaerator calls which were very interesting too!
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Antisocial hours
unfair, unbalanced, poorly managed.
Emergency Call handler (Current Employee) –  BT Telephone House, 21 Ward Road, Dundee20 August 2014
Manpower are poorly managed. Very unfair pay rates between BT staff and Manpower staff within the centre. Someone on a BT contract could be doing the same role as yourself, they would be on a rate of around £8-£10, while a manpower employee would be on £6.20/£6.50.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
unfair pay rates, badly managed.
Decent place to work, great people
Expert Complaint Handler (Current Employee) –  birmingham8 July 2014
My present role revolves around speaking to customers and listening to their issues. I need to have in depth conversations with them to understand what they want and how to improve their overall perception of the Bank. Once I have all the relevant information from the customer I then have to go away and investigate the issues presented by them and try and find a fair and unbiased way to achieve a fair outcome for the customer.

From this I have improved my customer service skills greatly, I am confident in speaking to customers or other organisations on the phone in order to obtain further information. I have developed a good phone manner and am confident in talking to irate customers; I am able to diffuse the situation to create a more relaxed phone conversation where the customer feels more comfortable to talk about their issues.

While I've been here I have tested new systems and gave my input in how they can be improved to improve the overall complaint process to make it smoother and more customer friendly. I have also helped my colleagues learn this new system and answered any questions put to me regarding this, if I have not known the answer I have conducted research looking for the answer, I have then delivered it as quickly as possible. By doing this I have helped improve the overall efficiency of my Team and to a degree the department as a whole.

My current job involves working in a busy office environment where regular targets have to be met daily, as well as delivering on productivity targets, quality targets also have to met. I have my own individual workload
  more... that I have to manage and update daily, as well as this I have learnt how to work well and effectively as part of a team. I have to use a variety of computer programs for my job such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.

Management at Royal Bank of Scotland can only be described as poor, they take zero to no accountability for any poor performances by any team and constantly put the blame on people beneath them, instead of re-evaluating their own management skills. Further to this they don't seem to listen to logical ideas put forward by complaint handlers, they create unrealistic targets for a role they know nothing about.

My Co-workers are friendly and great to work with and there are some great people at this office.

The job can be very stressful at times, and i feel the pay here is not high enough for the amount of stress you have to deal with on a weekly basis
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management, unrealistic targets