Manpower Employee Reviews in Newcastle upon Tyne

Found 20 reviews matching the search See all 16,294 reviews
difficult
prescreen consultant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear4 February 2019
the office i worked in you were put under a lot of pressure each day however the salary was good. some of the management are good however others aren't.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
strict
Fun workplace, very busy
Resource Managment (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear25 April 2018
The office is always a great place to be, but is a very busy work environment. I thoroughly enjoy the work I do, but am looking for a job with advancement opportunities.
Varied role
Office Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne15 February 2018
I worked there as an Office Operative and worked with a number of clients including BT and Nat West Bank and I was given a number of responsibilities and projects
Pros
Different Roles
Cons
Low pay
good work environment
Recruitment Resourcer (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne15 January 2018
It was enjoyable working at manpower. Good team to work with in the office. Mangers are flexible and always have you in mind. over all a nice office environment
productive and fun workplace
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear11 January 2018
i found that working for manpower taught me alot about the construction business and alot of skills to go with it i learnt alot of things i would recomend this company
Good workplace
Pre-Screen Consultant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne9 November 2017
The atmosphere in the office is always positive and there is help and support more often than not when needed. A good entry level HR job. E-learning platform is available to employees too,
hasbhsbfkadsh
Resourcer (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear3 April 2017
This company was unprofessional and unorganised, there was no room for progression. The staff that worked there made the day more enjoyable - if you are looking for a stepping stone workplace this is the right company to go for.
Pros
The staff that worked there
busy but relaxed work environment
A typical day at Manpower is taking incoming calls from customers who are having technical difficulties with their phone/broadband lines and the broadband router, guiding them through software trouble shooting steps using a combination of step by step instructions, probing questions and company software.
Maybe arranging both BB and phone line engineer appointments for when trouble shooting over the phone does not resolve problem
but also dding and removing telephony extras like unknown number reject, 1571 and caller display
Pros
subsidised canteen, great discounts on BT deals
Stressful environment but nice job.
Customer Retentions advisor (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne23 November 2016
To begin with I really enjoyed working for Manpower but even more so for British Telecom. However I really started to feel that I was working more for a recruitment agency and not so much for British Telecom and it felt as though I couldn't progress.
Pros
BT was a great company to work for with many benefits.
Cons
Some of the customers made personal insults towards me and I felt as though there was no support.
Poor managers and lacks professionalism
Pre-Screen consultant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne17 March 2016
Worked there for over 2 years on a zero hour contract. Poor wages but was happy up to November 2015 when I was bullied by one of the managers who had a problem with her attitude and this had been documented by Manpower. Awaiting hearing for Industrial Tribunal.
Pros
Cons
Poor wages
Manpower UK - Newcastle - CORE
Pre-screen Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle15 October 2015
I worked for Manpower in Newcastle for 1 year, starting 2014. The only reason i left was due to relocation. They did offer me a transfer but the commute form my new home to the new office would be too much for me.

I worked as part of the Recruitment team. I completed telephone interviews and booked face to face interviews for various UK wide campaigns.

I was always respected and praised or the hard work that i did and felt comfortable approaching any manager within the Centre if i had questions.

The office is brand new and facilities are fantastic - new computers for everyone in the office.

If you are thinking of apply, please do, you will love it!!!
Pros
Team, office and management
Manpower CORE North - Fantastic to work for
Out of Hours Consultant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle15 October 2015
Having worked for Manpower for 2 years as part of the Manpower Out of Hours service, i would love to recommend them.

The new, modern facilities are based in Newcastle City Centre which is great for access via public transport and local car parking facilities.

One of the great things about working here is the fact that they develop from within. We attend bespoke quarterly training sessions and are regularly mentored by our line managers.

We are all valued as individuals as well as a team and it makes the whole environment very positive. The Moral within the whole office is great.
Pros
Company, Facilities and Team moral
BAD experience at CORE NORTH - Resource Management Centre
Out of Hours Team (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, ENG13 August 2015
One of the worst places I have ever worked in. I can find nothing good to say except some great work colleagues. Managers are unprofessional and bullies, would not get a job anywhere else but they have been there for years. The training is rubbish and any mistake is jumped upon. High turnover of staff and lots of backstabbing which seems to be encouraged by one manager in particular. There are loads of better jobs out there. Pay is a joke £6.50 for loads of responsibility. Have moved to a new company now and I am loving it. Glad I am out of there and wouldn't advise any one to take up a zero hour nightmare of a job here.
Pros
great colleagues
Cons
bullying and unprofessional management
Awful structure at CORE North.
Out of Hours Consultant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, ENG4 August 2015
The work itself isn't too difficult, but the pay is very very poor and there is little security with zero hour contracts in place. The office itself is poorly maintained, with unclean toilet and kitchen facilities and only a couple of parking spaces for managers.

Management is shockingly bad at CORE North in Newcastle. Managers surround and protect themselves with yes-people, who they themselves come across as cliquey, arrogant and ignorant. Oh, these so-called 'leaders' enjoy "powdering their noses", and are very open about it. Because of these problems, management treat it as their own little empire and will do everything in their power to ensure that no 'higher-ups' can see how it is ran.

Co-workers on the other hand are very nice, we're obviously in the same boat and share similar grievances together. These workers are underpaid, overworked and deserve so much better. Ambitions are shot-down immediately and feedback given from 'leaders' is generally negative, demoralising or even offensive.

The queue of people looking to leave continues to grow, without management addressing the original issues at hand.

I would kindly advise anyone thinking of working for Manpower to consider somewhere else.
Pros
Cons
Very poor management, zero hours contract, little pay, little reward
Enthusiastic Workplace
Pre-Screen Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  newcastle27 May 2015
The company has excellent internal moral. Fast paced environment to work in. I have learned about attention to detail and how to manage my day effectively.
Recruitment
Newcastle - Recruitment Administrator (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, ENG17 May 2014
A normal day at the office will consist of registering candidates face to face, talking on the phone to clients and candidates, references chasing an all aspects of administration duties. I enjoy meeting the candidates face to face and being able to assist their needs. i work well with my team and get along great with my mangers. the hardest part of my job is keeping travelling to various places to get the right candidates registered but doing this ensure that they are the best candidates available.
Pros
Great Team
Great
Call Centre Advisor - Retentions (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, ENG15 April 2014
Good company to work for friendly people
good pay
really great job in the summer
Rubbish
Pre screen recruitment consultant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle Upon Tyne27 September 2013
Worked recently as a pre screen consultant, training is horrendous, and all the people you interview get paid more than yourself. STAY CLEAR OF THIS ROLE. The management are also horrendous !
Pros
Home time
Cons
dont get me started
Good experience
Gained valuable experience of working in a highly professional working environment.
Cons
pay rate way too low