Manpower Employee Reviews in Birmingham

Found 22 reviews matching the search See all 16,302 reviews
unfairly treated
Production Operative (Current Employee) –  Birmingham18 September 2019
we have no guarantee of obtaining a contract with the company therefore there is no job security what so ever. I currently work at jlr under manpower and they don't treat us the same.
productive and helpful
Picker/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Birmingham28 February 2019
I like to work for ManPower because they understand you and they help or trying to help when you have a problem or you are in a bad situation. They help you with overtime and trying to help you to earn more.
Pick and packer Hermes Birmingham
Pick and Packer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands25 November 2018
Hello, I worked at Hermes for Menpower Birmingham, I'm very dissatisfied, I worked the induction day 9 hours and then heard nothing from Menpower and I did not get my money. bad service no callback on my demand. Looks like they do not care ..
Production Operative
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham30 October 2018
The placement was actually at Jaguar Land Rover. I would say that as an agency worker you get most of the benefits of being a JLR worker such as good salary and holidays but with none of the job security.
No real work life balance as they run a three shift pattern of early's, nights and afternoons on each consecutive week. The work itself is fairly straightforward albeit very tedious. As you can imagine a production line is essentially repeating the same limited task 100's of times a day. If you an cope with that then its relatively easy work for quite substantial remuneration.
Manpower themselves are a typical agency from my experience. Not particularly interested in the employee, more in service to the contractor themselves. Any problems were dealt with adequately with the occasional frustration when dealing with holiday or pay roll query.
Pros
Excellent salary for the job being done.
Cons
.Working different shifts every week takes its toll
not a good company
Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands27 July 2018
The site i worked at was ok. But the CEO of manpower was never around and the company lacked in every department, Not a big company and was only getting smaller.
Line operative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham18 May 2018
I really enjoyed working at jlr it’s a great place to work with addded bonuses such as rha all the holidays plus flexy days were u wouldn’t get at any other company felt really lucky to work here
Pros
Holidays
Cons
Not on a contract
Professional Agency
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham18 March 2018
I worked for a textile shop through Manpower agency on a temporary basis. This enabled me to start a career and build confidence within a working environment.
OK place to work
Class 2 Driver (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands6 March 2018
It's an alright firm, the management often leave a bit to be desired but you'll find that with most agencies anyway. the 12 week " Parity " pay where they near enough take a third of your wages was what eventually made me leave.

apart from that they can get you into some pretty decent firms. however, you don't hear of many blokes being taken on full time at all.

Overall one of the better Agencies I've worked for but that about it.
Very good company to work with.
Finance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham3 July 2017
I enjoyed every bit of my work with them. Manpower takes good care of their staffs. The work/Life is excellent. There is job security and the job culture is very favourable
Graduate+ Student Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands1 July 2017
Everyone is lovely and welcoming. You get all the help that you need. You feel very comfortable around the people there. You can ask for help anytime that you need it.
Good
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands6 February 2017
I enjoyed the place I worked in for this agency. They found me work within a few days, I attended an interview and filled in some forms on the Friday and I was working on the following Tuesday.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Casual work
An excellent opportunity to gain experience
Customer Engineer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham5 September 2016
Since joining Manpower IBM I knew that this would be a great opportunity. not only to improve my existing skills on NCR machines, but to take on experience and knowledge on all Wincor produced hardware, Working with IBM has definitely helped me gain the skills and knowledge which will help me excel in my profession
Cons
No job security
Shift Patterns and repetitive
Operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham1 September 2016
The work itself was pretty easy, changing shift patterns from days to nights was hard. Co-workers were friendly, managers would help as much as they could. I learned how to perfect the job i was doing and finding the quickest possible way to complete the job to the highest standard.
Cons
Worked nights
Very helpful
clerical assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG3 December 2015
They were very helpful, finding me a temporary job at RBS.
They ensured that they were there to help with anything you needed and made sure you were nicely settled into the job.
Pros
TSA allowance
Cons
only temporary work.
Busy, productive and fun.
Production Operative (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG8 June 2015
It is a busy environment that requires you to be constantly alert. Depending on the people that you work around/with, it can be fun and enjoyable - luckily, that's what it is for me.

Very decent manager(s) who values and respect people, very approachable.

The wages are very decent, and the hours are good.
Pros
Decent hours
Cons
Shift working
Packer
DOCUMENT SCANNER OPERATOR AND PACKER (Former Employee) –  Birmingham11 May 2015
Working hours were 2pm until 10pm, this did mean getting used to working through the evening, a change to my usual hours of work. I was packing spectacles, checking that the items were correct and n the right boxes, matching codes and numbers. Work had to be finished on time, which meant being as quick as possible. We were a team of 10 and worked together, this meant helping others with their work and also being helped, but we got the work done. The hardest part of this job was the lifting, some boxes were very heavy but I asked my colleagues for for help and they obliged. We worked closely together which gave us the opportunity to have conservations and it was interesting to work with different age groups and hear their opinions, views and experiences.
Pros
Easy travel, use of micrwave and fridge.
Cons
Working evenings and weekends
manpower
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham16 March 2015
constant work. I learnt a lot at manpower, the management are great and the co workers too. the manufacturing of the cars weren't hard at all and I enjoyed seeing the cars be build from chasis to finish
Productive place of work
Operator (Current Employee) –  birmingham26 January 2015
Producing high stand quality for our customers and produce a good quantity so deliveries can be made on time.
Excellent rate of pay.
Each day is the same.
Pros
pay weekly
Cons
12 months agency
Productive and fun workplace
Door Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham27 August 2014
Booking in,Patrolling site, setting and unsetting alarms, allowing access to sight and monitoring cctv.
Decent place to work, great people
Expert Complaint Handler (Current Employee) –  birmingham8 July 2014
My present role revolves around speaking to customers and listening to their issues. I need to have in depth conversations with them to understand what they want and how to improve their overall perception of the Bank. Once I have all the relevant information from the customer I then have to go away and investigate the issues presented by them and try and find a fair and unbiased way to achieve a fair outcome for the customer.

From this I have improved my customer service skills greatly, I am confident in speaking to customers or other organisations on the phone in order to obtain further information. I have developed a good phone manner and am confident in talking to irate customers; I am able to diffuse the situation to create a more relaxed phone conversation where the customer feels more comfortable to talk about their issues.

While I've been here I have tested new systems and gave my input in how they can be improved to improve the overall complaint process to make it smoother and more customer friendly. I have also helped my colleagues learn this new system and answered any questions put to me regarding this, if I have not known the answer I have conducted research looking for the answer, I have then delivered it as quickly as possible. By doing this I have helped improve the overall efficiency of my Team and to a degree the department as a whole.

My current job involves working in a busy office environment where regular targets have to be met daily, as well as delivering on productivity targets, quality targets also have to met. I have my own individual workload
  more... that I have to manage and update daily, as well as this I have learnt how to work well and effectively as part of a team. I have to use a variety of computer programs for my job such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.

Management at Royal Bank of Scotland can only be described as poor, they take zero to no accountability for any poor performances by any team and constantly put the blame on people beneath them, instead of re-evaluating their own management skills. Further to this they don't seem to listen to logical ideas put forward by complaint handlers, they create unrealistic targets for a role they know nothing about.

My Co-workers are friendly and great to work with and there are some great people at this office.

The job can be very stressful at times, and i feel the pay here is not high enough for the amount of stress you have to deal with on a weekly basis
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management, unrealistic targets

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manpower. Our community is ready to answer.

55.9K