Manpower Employee Reviews

This branch not good
7.5t Driver (Former Employee) –  Bristol20 January 2018
Only lasted a week at this place although I’ve been manpower before and they were good so there not all bad.
Poor communication and non-existent at this branch they just fob you off with anything. lousy terms and conditions on this contract but the same tc’s anc c’s nonexistent on the other on this contract.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
No communication, poor tcs and cs
very good company to work for and very good pay.
Multi Drop Driver (Current Employee) –  Exeter19 January 2018
good pay and very good to work for. Really helpful people to find you work. good communication skills. if you do go for a job with the agency i would recommend going through Fred styler amazing bloke.
Switchboard Operator
Temp contracted out to B.T (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 January 2018
Based in London. I was on a weekly paid temporary contract in a call centre answering calls for B.T. which lasted around 18 months until I found a permanent position locally
good
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire17 January 2018
great company to work for the only thing to for me was the hours were long and i was commuting 3 hours per day which was not ideal. friendly people, the money was also good
Pros
good money
Cons
long commute for me
Agency work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Maidstone16 January 2018
Was a good place to work to gain different experiences but was never permanent so always a risk of when it would end although the staff do try to keep you rolling into another job where ever possible.
Pros
variety of roles
Cons
never knew when could finish
Ok for agency work
Car discharge driver (Former Employee) –  Killingholme15 January 2018
Dischargeing of cars/solo units from off the ships making sure they go to the correct compound. You may get 2 or 3 days work, pay is minimum wage....
Pros
Quick employment
Cons
Not many days work
good work environment
Recruitment Resourcer (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne15 January 2018
It was enjoyable working at manpower. Good team to work with in the office. Mangers are flexible and always have you in mind. over all a nice office environment
Okay workplace
wearhouse operative (Former Employee) –  Three Bridges, West Sussex12 January 2018
It was not bad working for them but they didn't have much work. It was okay workplace. I think they need to have more work for there staff and hours.
Interesting
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire11 January 2018
First office job and throughly enjoyed it. Met and worked with lots of different people from lots of different cultures through my 3 months there and would have loved to have stayed on
fun
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Darlington, Durham10 January 2018
Enjoyable place to work friendly and supportive.
chance to develop and local to the darlington town centre.
weekly pay benefits most people
there were no difficult parts of the job all thoroughly enjoyable
Pros
friendly weekly pay chance to develop
Cons
was not permanent
Non-existent
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Glasgow10 January 2018
Manpower subcontract you to different companies so the work will vary from place to place. I found my subcontracted company to be very helpful/friendly people.

I had little communication with Manpower, from an employee`s perspective they left me with little faith in them. There was miscommunication from the outset, wrong hours advertised, hourly rates wrong and a complete lack of transparency with the company. I never had issues which were out of the ordinary, a random small pay, a weird question about my bonus or my holiday pay structure... It would take weeks for replies, really simple issues would become a big deal. The staff at manpower seem to enjoy the idea of promoting hard working individuals but take none of their teachings on board. The company i was subcontracted to picked up so much of Manpower`s slack. I think anyone can work for Manpower, but after 12 months of silly mistakes most people will wonder why they work for such unqualified people.

If you need a job, Manpower will get you some work, if you want something long term with a decent employer, id say to keep looking.
Pros
Employment
Cons
Stupidity
Good Agency
Membership Secretary (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire9 January 2018
A good agency that landed me an interesting long term contract. Terms and conditions and flow of work were first class.

They took the time to assess my experience correctly and offer me the variety and pay that I sought.
Pros
The flexibility of working for an agency.
Cons
Not permanent.
Rewarding in providing assistance and advice
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 January 2018
This role was in a permanent contract role in which I would deal with HR issues along with training/coaching of personnel. Assisting and providing direction to staff for both internal and external clients which was highly rewarding especially in difficult situations and scenarios'.

I was required to quality check and assess the performance of my charges and direct coaching and advice to them to take on board ensuring that the advice that was given was implemented to ensure a improvement in their quality of service.

The most difficult part of my role was to advise the IT team of faults and trying to get it fixed, although working for a large organisation this was difficult to get improvements implemented.
Pros
Providing advice and helping internal and external clients
Cons
IT department
my first stair towards my Social Care Job.
Admin Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Royal Borough of Greenwich7 January 2018
I used this recruitment agency when I started to look for work in social care and was not disappointed and they supported me throughpout and I was able to secure a job with Greenwich Council.
Pros
a good recruitment agency
fun workplace
Industrial/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Surrey5 January 2018
it was a great place to work and the people were nice and helpful however they closed the sutton branch and moved im am currently unaware of were the nearest place is.
productive as well as fun workpace
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire4 January 2018
Having worked for Manpower for close to 4 years, I had the opportunity of enhancing my interpersonal as well as communication skills. I had the opportunity of working as support worker and during that period whenever I had issues, I would contact management and would get the assistance that I required immediately. I had the opportunity of working in various units for one particular client thereby boosting my experience.
Pros
paid mileage
fun
BOOTS THE CHEMIST (Former Employee) –  Kent13 December 2017
stock control very interesting good team good management good holiday package, good company to work for , interesting to learn about stock control and ordering.
Pros
interesting
Great Company To Work For
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hillington, Glasgow29 November 2017
Fantastic company to work. I thoroughly enjoyed my time when I worked there. The people at Manpower were very supportive and very kind people. I would highly recommend this company to others.
great agency
Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire24 November 2017
I loved working for this agency they were always there for you when needed always on hand to give any advice or tips whether personal or professional great people
Never get paid
Factory Operative (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh18 November 2017
Never get paid on time and have to wait weeks to get paid after getting told I would of been paid for it then to be an other excuse absolute joke of a company
Pros
Cons
Don’t get paid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manpower. Our community is ready to answer.