Manpower Employee Reviews

Found 683 reviews matching the search See all 16,184 reviews
Behind the times
Recruitment Delivery Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol4 November 2019
Doesn't offer modern benefits, like flexible working. Micro management. Promises beyond what it delivers to employees. Non existent social activities.
Unhealthy working environment
Associate Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Warrington1 November 2019
When I started at Manpower I was looking for a great job, great pay and something to really motivate me after University.

They sell recruitment as great for graduates , oooo money. But you have to sell your soul first. You can't be interest nor an expert in recruitment without a clear path and understand as to what you are selling.

Manpower wasn't good for this. There were non-specialism for me in this team. They were under strict instruction not to take Marketing roles to market, which was what they had hired me for, Therefore I was completely unable to do the job I'd been sold.

The office was uncomfortable as well, the rest of the team seemed reluctant to have a new person working with them. I was called names both to my face and behind my back. This behaviour isn't nice a work, and management didn't seem to be able to control this.
Worst business to work for
Planning Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands28 October 2019
- do not care about well being
- pay is late
- holidays have to be worked - so if you book a holiday for December but have only worked for manpower for 2 months, you would only be payed 2/3 days of that week.
- no returns to work after operations etc
- if company at fault, they would make you feel at fault
- promise bonuses but never follow through
Cons
everything above
good lead to fixed contact
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln27 October 2019
worked as customer service adviser for 10 years which then lead to being converted to BT. Manpower were always onsite back then which has changed recently this is a shame as the manpower staff don't have anyone to go to when needed.
Avoid
N/A (Former Employee) –  Grimsby25 October 2019
LGV Clas 2 with the added responsibility
unsociable hours, loads, vehicle condition and driver hours. potential roadside spot fines, CPC, medical and a tacrho card for the prize sum of 29p more an hour than the minimum wage ???
Might as well move compound cars on the dock for them, another job that nobody wants.!
Manpower need to get a grip...!
"HELLO" its 2019
Make Sure That They Confirm Your Salary
Emergency Call Handler (Former Employee) –  Hinckley, Leicestershire22 October 2019
Applied for a job with an advertised salary of £18,900 with an increase after a qualifying period. One week into my training. They tell us that the advert which I used to apply for a job is mid July. Was withdrawn on July 1st. Which was a total lie. Then the condescending coordinator tells me it's only £41 per week difference and I should accept it.
productive and fun work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester20 October 2019
A challenging work place,allows for a constant brainstorning on how to get things faster and better next time.
A potential to grow in that enviroment.
Not a good company to work for two days a week, not enough to feed a family
Class 1 Hgv Driver (Former Employee) –  Rochester, Kent8 October 2019
Pay rate good after the 12 week period. Uncertainty will be your best friend while working with Man Power. Two days a week and they keep taking new drivers as they are paying them less on the start. Can't organize your life with them as o e day you work from 6 am,the other day from 4pm.Just avoid
Competitive
Fitter (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim23 September 2019
A very interesting and competitive job have learned a lot over the years in many different aircraft would like to get back to work as I enjoyed the work
Good secure company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bristol22 September 2019
Good company to work for. I found some of the office staff are full of they’re own importance. If you can tolerate that, they’re a good company to work for. I did Royal Mail via Manpower.
loads to work to begin with but gone quiet now
Driver/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire20 September 2019
Great place to work for but not getting the hours now that I was when I started with them, no fault of Manpower though, the docks where I was working has gone really quiet.
unfairly treated
Production Operative (Current Employee) –  Birmingham18 September 2019
we have no guarantee of obtaining a contract with the company therefore there is no job security what so ever. I currently work at jlr under manpower and they don't treat us the same.
bad management
Secretary/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bridgend17 September 2019
the management are bullies and get fun out of ridiculing their temporary employees - i would definitely NOT work for this company again
if i could give them zero rating then i would
Interesting, but often stressful environment.
Customer Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Greenock16 September 2019
Working with colleagues from all over Europe and beyond created a good atmosphere, but some people in charge created more stress than was needed in my opinion.
Been fired for being pregnant.
Enquiry centre (Former Employee) –  Gosport, Hampshire11 September 2019
Worked on the DXC contact.

Had two occasions off work... One due to a serious problem with my pregnancy, which I had notes to prove.

Called me while off sick saying they have ended my contact due to having time off... Even though it was pregnancy related.
Development
Admin (Current Employee) –  Uxbridge8 September 2019
You are not offered much opportunity to develop. the people working at Manpower are great people to work with and is the best thing about working there.
Pros
people
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent22 August 2019
Great place to work great people to work with always friendly and inviting. Telesales was the best place to work. Got to learn alot about the company and helped get a full time job
NRSWA operative
NRSWA operative (Former Employee) –  Grangemouth, Falkirk6 August 2019
Wouldnt even rate them 1 star but wouldn’t let me mark 0!!.
Promised bonuses etc for picking up workload for other members of staff. Never ever received it!!!. Went through 5 members of staff in the space of 3 weeks. Trying to get me to do work without a cat and gene or with the relevant ppe. Was told 3 jobs a day ended up doing 4/5 as others refused to do it. So if you ever get offered work through manpower on behalf of ro-tel fm ltd avoid at all costs.
driving was fun
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire5 August 2019
At Manpower, my job mainly involve delivering goods ordered to customers addresses nation wide which was fun driving meeting with new people along the way. it was very challenging, as well as beneficial. it was from this experience gained I decided to pursued a career in accounting which evidence can be seen in my CV.
Pros
making my own initiatives
Cons
more time spent in trafic which make it challenging in delivering goods on time
Stay well clear
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh3 August 2019
Disgusting place to work.
Worked here for almost 2 years and left as otherwise I would have had a nervous breakdown from my manager in Scotland Jayne.
Many consultants leave due to poor management and I am highly skilled in sales performing well-but never enough for her. Within my recent move to a new agency I am the top biller with lots of recognition. If you enjoy being bullied with horrendous micromanagement skills then this is the placefor you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manpower. Our community is ready to answer.

55.9K