Manpower
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Manpower Employee Reviews

United Kingdom746 reviews
Featured review
Manpower selected this as a representative review
Fast paced environment no 2 days are the same always busy and opportunity to grow as an individual. Great professional environment to work and learnt a great deal working there
Pros
Friendly environment
reliant on short term zero hr contracts
How the postal system works

management very polite

zero hr contract based not a great incentive

waiting on agency getting in touch for next job

differt working environments
Pros
freedom to choose
Cons
long hrs due to having to travel
I had several jobs from Manpower some lasted a few weeks most were for a few months. The salary could be the minimum wage but sometimes I could earn a very good wage. The positions varied
Pros
Variety
Cons
No long term security
Got a job here as an admin and from day one they attempted to push me into sales, despite my consistent declines. My job deviated from my role every single week so I never knew what I was supposed to be doing or how to do my job accurately. There was no training and management took absolutely zero responsibility. In the seven months I was there, my job changed depending on what appeared to be, the fancy of management. I was eventually let go at the end of the first week of lockdown because I wasn’t doing sales. Despite being an admin who didn’t do sales. Despite being told two days prior to do sales. Despite contacting colleagues to learn how to do this. I have never been so embarrassed on behalf of an international company. Just a big boys club. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
I had weekends off
Cons
No training. No care from management. No direction.
Avoid this company! DWP needs to get a grip with agencies, there nothing but leaches. NO communication! NO Jobs
Get you on there books, then gain commission, no doubt they will sell your information on Please keep clear!!
Pros
Cons
Manpower
They only give you a day a week to keep you on the books.
I enjoyed working at Royal mail at Chelmsford, Essex.

But not enough hour work to live on. Good rates of pay.

Sophie, who works for Manpower, not very professional. As she doesn't answer the phone when you call her, or emails. Give you shifts, then cancel them
Pros
Good rates of pay
Cons
Not enough work
I worked for Manpower on the Royal Mail contract before ADR took it over.

I always found the staff easy to talk to, and they would always try to accommodate my shift requests.

I had pay parity with Royal Mail drivers after an initial period which made the work very attractive.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Worked in admin for RBS via Manpower a few years ago. Started off well but was moved to another team, and picked on by one colleague and a manager.

As an ongoing temporary worker, you're made to feel like you can't stand up for yourself, your own manager goes behind your back and reports you to agency, who then berate you in meetings.

Was eventually let go over the phone, and they had the audacity to call me a few days later inviting me to take part in a survey on whether I enjoyed my time working for Manpower.

Avoid at all costs.
Pros
9-5 working day
Cons
Culture of bullying
They are recruiter agent in a world where the workers have no real insurance and could not be member of trade unions. So workers are simply voluntarily slaves.
I really enjoyed working for Manpower. The assignment they found me was on going. Meter reading for SSE. The job involved gas and electric meter reading, with a lot of walking most days
Pros
Lots of exercise
Cons
Bad weather
Communication is poor from the start. Initially was told a post was 24 hours to week. Found this to be total fabrication as the company they are providing staff for work on a week by week basis and hours are allocated according to the business's need. Do no inform you if there is no work for the week. Turned up for what I was told a 4 hour shift, turned into 2 and a half hours.
Manpower need to be honest from the start how exactly a job is going to be, not just to make it up as they go along. Just want potential workers to be on standby for when the work comes in.

Hourly rate was the only pro for working for these.
Pros
Hourly rate was the pro.
Cons
Poor communication, poor people management
Worked for Manpower at JLR Solihull over 5 years.
Manpower are a joke, lie to you constantly tell you what you want to hear.

Agency mistreated and not paid the same as JLR staff even after 5 years and no contract given.

Since lockdown no one has been able to contact Manpower, all phone numbers given are switched off and no reply in emails.

They knew agency were being laid off so avoided us workers.

Also now trying to screw us over paying redundancy we are rightfully entitled too.

Disgusting agency, avoid at all costs!!
Pros
Wages
Cons
Liars, wont pay what your owed ie redundancy
I never had any issues working with Manpower, I liaised mainly with the on site team but when I had to call main office they were friendly and extremely helpful.
Good
Cons
Doesn't every job
Poor disrespectful employers who are not at all interested in you or helping, worked nights at Royal mail in Normanton which is fine but they give total mixed messages about how you register your times of work. To top it all off they then get annoyed when you ask how to get the problem sorted out, so now having to wait another week to be paid. DO NOT WORK FOR THESE PEOPLE YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
Excellent Agency Have worked for Manpower twice now a year on each contract have thoroughly enjoyed it the staff are very professional Look forward to continuing to work for them and doing more contracts in the future driving or me to Reading services Ltd
Cons
They are liars advertise jobs for a certain amount but deduct a percent fof themself. They are useless at communicating or when you need help they never answer their phone emails or texts. I have worked overtime every week and they dont update this on the time sheet nor do i take breaks at times and i dont get paid for any of this. I complained to them many times to update but no1 replies. Phone goes to busy texts are ignored and emails are ignored and when they reply different staff rstaff say different things. They dont care and they are unprofessional. I have not yet received any of my eztra hours of work i quit.
Would recommend Manpower to anybody to work for. I found that they did there best for there workers. However I found that the company I was working for through Manpower treated Manpower workers as second class citizens compared to their own core employees although you were doing the same job.
My Honest Opinion about Manpower especially the one they've advertised jobs for HGV Class 1/2 are that I wouldn't Recommend working in this type of Environment Especially around West London Area.

You Rarely get any work to survive on especially when the Manpower keeps Deducting Hours and changing them to suit them. Yes you do get weekly pay but everything is on a timer so you only get paid to the hours you've done and not the full shift. They don't fairly share the shifts, some drivers glorify they're on £500 - £900 a week, where as newer drivers are lucky to earn under £200.00 per week, despite being available for the same assigned shifts. You won't be paid for Overtime as they tend to keep the money that they've received from Royal Mail and not pay the drivers so you're only going to get to what your shift is allocated.

They've got certain drivers that are special preferred treated then the other drivers, so certain drivers doing the same shift and earning above £500.00 to £800.00, whilst certain drivers may not get enough to support them. Management are non supportive and communication is very poor but if you do anything to offend them, they tend to not give you any shifts online and a no response. You're very much on your own at the Royal Mail premises and there's no support at all from Manpower for Any Kind of Training but you're expected to Pick up all the Do's and Don'ts on your own.
From the beginning they were inept. They took a ridiculous amount of time to process ID etc for pre-employment checks, such that I had been in the job 2 months by the time they were complete. They couldn't get my pay right from the beginning. Their management was unsupportive, discriminatory and comprised of bullies. The job itself was fantastic - because that was the one thing Manpower had no control over.
When went for interview was quick turn around for new job very supportive if you don't like it ask for different role within weeks I got moved happy in my employment
Having accepted a job with manpower I was pleased to get back into a routine however the job it's self was OK but to then not get paid for work I've done and then get ignored by office staff who dealt with me. Then a few days later another person from manpower asks me if I want to go back to work in the same place I had previously worked for for them
Pros
Cons
Not getting paid