Manorcourt Homecare
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Manorcourt Homecare Employee Reviews

United Kingdom27 reviews
It’s not the company’s fault as they do pay a reasonable rate but trying to give everyone a weekend on then off doesn’t work in this industry if you gave everyone two days off a week but not always a weekend then the calls could get spread out more and not as hectic over a weekend
Very helpful and friendly staff and happy to work for the company enjoy looking after elderly and adults in the community and the personal welfare doing their personal care making sure that they still live at home and help them with their daily routine and activities and getting a personal relationship with them and their families
Absolutely awful company, no regard whatsoever for confidentiality in respect of both service users and staff!
Service users know literally EVERYTHING about each other even though they’ve never met - staff can’t help but to divulge information about service users and colleagues.

Manager of Swaffham branch not interested in any complaints or concerns raised by staff or service users

Manager and Team Leaders allow drunk staff to continue working under the influence! Numerous service users complained about a consistently drunk member of staff, nothing was done about it and said staff member continues to work there (I saw him/her yesterday in uniform!)
Cons
Swaffham office is absolutely brilliant to work for. Very supportive team and extremely rewarding job. They provide a High standard of care to service users and everyone has a good working relationship.
Swaffham Branch manager shows no interest in caring about staff, cares more about uniform than quality of care. Pay is better than most and with enough hours salary is decent but you start work at 6am and finish at 10pm on a split shift to be up again the next day to start at 6. Other care staff are good but the co-ordinating and management leave something to be desired.
Manorcourt was a excellent company to work for. I would recommend it a good place to work.The only disappointing thing was when we got tupeed over back in November.Which was a bit sad.
Under paid lack of communication rude office staff
Very poor pay for what we have to do

Issues raised but never followed through

Great to meet new people

Poor wages
Really enjoyed my time working with this company. Very ggod company to work for and senior management are supportive. Most enjoyable part of job is making a difference,
I loved working for this company,very nice people, and they are very helpful, and nice to talk to them.i had a good experience, and i loved very much.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Manorcourt Homecare?
Getting up at 05:30 to start at 06:30 at first call of the day, No travel time between calls so rushing around to get to clients in a reasonable time to which they are expecting you. Some days you get an hour between morning and lunch calls then maybe an hour and half before you start tea/night calls to get home at 22:00 or later to then start again at 06:30 the next day.
Covering for other people who do not turn up to work so your client list gets even bigger, making you later for morning calls.
Management needs rebooting very unorganized
can not be reached when needed

no 2 answers are the same when requesting information for care

much needs to be revised and inspected
Every day gives me new challenges and problems to solve. New clients and carers. Many duties but also good opportunities to grow (nvq not only in care). Always have support of my team and help if i need it. Very happy with my role.
Sacked me a week after my probation was up really unfair.
Management really rude, no compassion or understanding at all for new starters.

Others carers stuck up and don’t give u a chance to learn.

Don’t trust anyone back stabbers and liars.
I loved working with the clients but there was too much work and not enough carers.
We didn't have enough time with the clients.

I loved the variety. Everyday was different.
Lot of back stabbing going on.
Management unhelpful,

Trust no one
Pros
Local
Cons
Liars
Worked there for a year every thing was fine fine at first then the lady who does the work rota have all the hours to her relative and her friend so we ended up having no hours started at 6am finished at 9am then never had any more work the rest of the day. And the women who does the Rotas is really rude and talks to you like badly
Pros
Nice carers to work with got on well with all of them
Cons
Staff are rude
I was left to run an office by myself as members of staff quit. I was then working 18 hour days, including on call.
When everything went wrong, with no support I should add, I got the sack.

I suffer severely from mental illness and it has worsened 10 fold due to the ordeal.

I was sacked as a scapegoat and they giving me bad references. Do not trust manor court. They are a big cooperation and you are just a number to them, if you aren’t a manager
I enjoy working for the company, I also enjoy the variety of people I get to interact with on a daily basis. Management are always happy to help out where they are able to and actively encourage you to ask for help should you need it.
I currently work for Manor Court.. Friendly staff and management. Clients are great. Support when needed
. Hours to fit round your home life. Good training.
Pros
Great for Woking on ur own or part of team
Cons
Poor communication, treating carers like second class, money good only for management, management corrupted , management uneducated , no empathy for customers and carers
Managers focused on making money , customers treated as objects by office staff.

Holidays, if confirmed by managers you often hear" I will give you day off but you owe me now"

Office staff do all what covenient to them ,like being polite only when they need you otherwise you are nothing to them.

Carers on zero contract hours , very bad idea

manager's wages are massive comparing to carers pay.You would not see manager do care calls if they do standards are poor.

Carers are not allowed to be off for Christmas

Overall bad experience in that Branch
Pros
Carers staff do care for clients
Cons
Managers / staff planning Rota willUse you as much as possible on every opportunity
every day is different, the clients vary from call to call. it is a often quite a challenging job. but rewarding. quite often working long hours with limited break.
Pros
working to keep people at home