Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group Employee Reviews in London

The most professional place I have worked in
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  London27 February 2019
I would recommend anyone to work in Mandarin Oriental hotels, there is where I learn what integrity and professionalism means.
The management is extremely supportive and the level of professionalism is incredible.
All in All....Great place
Duty Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London18 January 2019
Fabulous 5* Hotel in a superb location. Its reputation is only surpassed by its employees. Currently under refurbishment & due too fully open in late March. The epitome of excellence.
Pros
Free Uniform, Superb canteen, Travel card....usual perks
Cons
None really...
Excelente alimentación a los empleados
Presentador - Animador (Former Employee) –  Londres,Reino Unido11 December 2018
Mejorar la capacitación para los cargos que el empleado debe desempeñar, lo mismo que mejorar la dotación de uniformes y auxilio de transporte nocturno y convertir un canal con los directivos más accesible
Not good.
Front of House Canteen (Former Employee) –  London26 July 2018
Insane cost cutting and other staff issues meant I had to work with people who were lazy and unmotivated. Management was appauling. Good food, bad chefs.
acceptable
Housekeeping/Room attendant (Former Employee) –  london11 March 2018
I am a punctual and reliable person who works well under pressure. I am able to work both in a team environment and on my own initiative. I have a friendly disposition and have a good sense of humour. I have been in a position of trust, handling money for others. My goal is to work for a reputable employer and to grow professionally as a professional housekeeper.
Good place to build a Carrier.
Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  London14 December 2017
Every day is a different day new things to learn. A good place to work if your single very hard if your a family man, as you spend 12 hours of your day at work.
I enjoyed my time in Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Valet Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 September 2017
I had been working with the Mandarin Oriental hotel for nearly 6 years. My duties included working in the laundry and valet department of the hotel, where our responsibility was catering to the customer's needs around the clock, as well as working in liaison with the management team to provide the best service possible.

As it was a 5* hotel and we regularly dealt with famous customers or members of different royal families, the highest standards of customer service were required. This allowed me to develop my skills in this area and enabled me to achieve employee of the month
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
Long shifts with unsociable hours
Muy bien todo buena vida
pastelero (Former Employee) –  London14 April 2017
Me encantava mucho trabacar po resta compagnia todo los colegas y l organización
Lovely place to work
SPA RECEPTIONIST / SPA ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  London30 August 2016
Proud that I had the opportunity to work in such a lovely place with lovely people and be a part of an amaizing team. A lovely and impossible to forget experience.
productive job
Room attendant (Former Employee) –  London20 June 2016
its a 5 stars de lux hotel ,here i receve the best education to satisfy guest needs and preferences.i learn how to work as a team and how to do my job in a five stars condition.
Pros
free meal
Cons
Productive work place with high standards
Management (Former Employee) –  London10 August 2015
The work place is located in a great area.
Work offerd trainings to keep up the standards of the company, management was great but did not take employees feedback as serious as they should In my opinion.
The hotel has huge staff turn over.
Great place to work overall for learning and experience, the diversity of different nationalities as well great to know other cultures and traditions.
worst place to work
office (Former Employee) –  london4 August 2015
The staff it's very rude ,also the management do not care at all about your needs and they do not provide enough training.
Cons
expecting from you to stay extra hours
Very intresting Role
Credit Controller & Sales Ledger Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ENG19 April 2015
I spent 7 Years at the Mandarin Oriental Hyde.

The role was very demanding at the beginning. he main job was to reduce a huge debt.

Outstanding ledger going back 4 years.

No P&P in place.
Pros
Salary was very good, Free Lunch, Free Dry cleaning Service
Cons
Loong Hours
buen trato a los trabajadores y muchas promociones.
Host (Former Employee) –  londres18 March 2015
Es una empresa donde cuida mucho al empleado y te dan muchas oportunidades de promoción.
Hard work
PA to the General Manager & Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ENG6 March 2015
I really, really enjoyed working in the hotel industry.

I went into this role in a temporary capacity and had a steep learning curve but it was a good challenge and this role taught me a lot about time management and having to juggle different tasks in a very short time-frame.

The perks were the hotel itself and the location on the edge of Hyde Park, lunch was provided each day and the staff who were lots of fun and came from all over the world to work in London.

The only down-side was the long hours during the busy periods in the summer and autumn months.
Pros
Free lunches
Good work place
Full Time Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ENG20 January 2015
It was challenging breakfast shift you will never expect when the busy time will come. Sometimes we do 80-90 covers in an hour especially every weekend in the end of the shift we did 150-180 covers per day. It was challenging but also fun for us specially when we see the smile of our guests and our colleagues.
Pros
free training, lunch
Cons
early shift, long hours
Rewarding, hard working,
Fitness Concierge (Current Employee) –  London, ENG12 August 2014
A very rewarding and beneficial job, but also requires a lot of hard work, dedication and professionalism.

Some days to begin at 3.30am to make it into work for 6am, other days a late 10pm finish.
Pros
Free meals on shift
Cons
Long, unsociable hours.
I was working in the creative solutions department
Public Area Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ENG3 March 2014
I have learned to oversee all aspects of the operation with attention to detail uppermost.
A typical day : to have speed ,efficiency, creativity and also be a concierge to guest , to make an art of living, to host people,to add character and depth.
To make my team to have an amazing synergy
A pleasure to work under pressure
Working for very high guest profiles
Pros
being supported by the team
hardworking workplace
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  London, ENG19 August 2013
Our day starts from the meeting every morning. We always discussing about how to get better today than yesterday. My co-workers and management were very friendly and kindly people. The hardest part of the day was when someone called "sick", than all team have more work. The most enjoyable part of the job is to have time to go for lunch.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
longer hours, less payment
worse place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London10 February 2013
rude staff ....
care less
care all about money and business, all management team very unhelpful .... not trained enough for a 5 star
HR do not know the law regarding employment
If you do something wrong .....they put you against the wall an shoot you
very stressful