Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group

Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom35 reviews
Great place to work with a nice culture, vision and mission.
The ten pillars of the company is very important and the employees must follow.

Employees must put the guests in first place. Never say no to them.
There was a very busy place.i learned a lot of things about hospitality.the hardest part of the job was to collect and to count the dirty linen from the floors.
It's not for everyone. You have to be resilient to endure here. HR and management are well above average. There's good benefits, employee recognition and rewards, and an amazing cafeteria. You will meet many caring, interesting, and dynamic people here across all departments.
You will earn a great salary but it's far from a free ride; it's blood money and you will be required meet stringent requirements and SOPs to earn it.
Good work environment take care of staff members to learn a lot during my working time
very strict professional environment to work in

Highly recommend
i am lucky that i become the part of mandarin oriental family . during my internship period i faced many ups and down but all the staffs, supervisor and manager, are the one who always motivates me. All the mandarin oriental staffs stayed as a family member and very helpful towards eachother.
The management was terrible, the floor manager doesn't care if you have worked for 8 hours or if you have room to clean. It was waste of time by waiting for a long time for cleaning a room. They don't know how to manage time. Everyone in the office is busy, they won't care about you. Sometimes you don't have time to have a break for lunch. It's really unfair for the employees.
Pros
Free lunch, uniform, laundry
Cons
Long hours, neglect staff, language barrier
I did some work experience in the finance department and I thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere. I was always attended to when I had a question and etc.
I would recommend anyone to work in Mandarin Oriental hotels, there is where I learn what integrity and professionalism means.
The management is extremely supportive and the level of professionalism is incredible.
An excellent communicator and hold exceptional organisational skills, flexible with the ability to work well under pressure and good at multitasking,.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group?
Fabulous 5* Hotel in a superb location. Its reputation is only surpassed by its employees. Currently under refurbishment & due too fully open in late March. The epitome of excellence.
Pros
Free Uniform, Superb canteen, Travel card....usual perks
Cons
None really...
Worked in a few properties within the company and the work life balance is still something to be improved. Middle management colleagues are overworked but everyone works together and is supportive of one another. Great working environment, but middle management needs more support.
Pros
Free lunches, excellent healthcare benefits and job security, great pay
Cons
Long hours, no work life balance, lack of support from upper management
Mejorar la capacitación para los cargos que el empleado debe desempeñar, lo mismo que mejorar la dotación de uniformes y auxilio de transporte nocturno y convertir un canal con los directivos más accesible
left long ago not the same management can not comment about the company at this moment.

when I was working for the company10 years ago I had a very good working environment and learned a lot. we are all get on well very good team work and provide a very good experience for the guest. .
Pros
free lunch
Cons
shift work
Insane cost cutting and other staff issues meant I had to work with people who were lazy and unmotivated. Management was appauling. Good food, bad chefs.
I am a punctual and reliable person who works well under pressure. I am able to work both in a team environment and on my own initiative. I have a friendly disposition and have a good sense of humour. I have been in a position of trust, handling money for others. My goal is to work for a reputable employer and to grow professionally as a professional housekeeper.
Every day is a different day new things to learn. A good place to work if your single very hard if your a family man, as you spend 12 hours of your day at work.
I've got the opportunity to work in such huge company and get the amazing experience of work as a professional, provides me with challenges every day, helps me to grow up and learn a lot about managing and organization in different aspect as banqueting and the other departments the company has.
Pros
well organized
Cons
few departments
I had been working with the Mandarin Oriental hotel for nearly 6 years. My duties included working in the laundry and valet department of the hotel, where our responsibility was catering to the customer's needs around the clock, as well as working in liaison with the management team to provide the best service possible.

As it was a 5* hotel and we regularly dealt with famous customers or members of different royal families, the highest standards of customer service were required. This allowed me to develop my skills in this area and enabled me to achieve employee of the month
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
Long shifts with unsociable hours
I've been working in mandarin oriental as a housekeeping assistant for almost 9 years. and it was a pleasure to work with my colleagues and making improving your self everyday.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
8 hours
Me encantava mucho trabacar po resta compagnia todo los colegas y l organización
Proud that I had the opportunity to work in such a lovely place with lovely people and be a part of an amaizing team. A lovely and impossible to forget experience.