MANCHESTER METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

good and flexible
Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester10 June 2018
very good job, flexible with shifts as they are aware that university is our main priority. everyone else on the team are students as well so we all have that in common.
Good
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Manchester Metropolitan University17 April 2018
The student ambassador scheme has helped me work on my communication skills and come out of my shell. It has given me a wide variety of skills and experiences and has really helped me become more versatile when it comes to thinking about how I fit into a team. I like the flexibility and the relaxed nature of the role, it means that I can balance work with my busy academic schedule.
Very good workplace, supportive
International Projects Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manchester9 April 2018
Plenty of opportunity to take on other jobs.
Supportive culture.
Good pension and holidays.
Flexible working.
Facilities are good.
Would recommend
Productive and fun
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central7 March 2018
Very enjoyable experience working with all sorts of people across the university. I enjoyed speaking to lots of new potential students and their parents on open days, talking about my experience at uni so far and what they can expect. The hourly rate was approximately £8.40 which was very good for a first year student and definitely made it worthwhile. Really enjoyed being a student ambassador, would 100% do it again and would 100% recommend it to current and future students at MMU.
Pros
excellent pay, free lunch, looks good on your CV
Cons
9-hour days and stood out in the cold sometimes but its worth it for the pros.
Fantastic place to work
Associate Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester3 March 2018
A place where colleagues matter a lot - I have no doubt a great place to work where you are looked after by the team. A flexible, employee friendly place to work. Opportunities are given to the right people at the right time.
Pros
Organisatinaol culture
Cons
such a fun place to work at
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire21 February 2018
I have made so many friends working at this place it's such a friendly environment and a fun workplace. The staff are friendly and they will unsure you are in a safe place.
Pros
free soft drinks if working
if you start on grade 1 you got stock for ever
Domestic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester7 February 2018
equality at work is just on paper and gross discrimination to the minority ethnic groups in the university especially the non academic and facilities department
Good working environment
Technical team leader (Current Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire5 February 2018
Very enjoyable job, most days are different, fun and vibrant environment. Working with the students is a fun but challenging. Most of the university staff are great.
University life
Associate Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central11 January 2018
A normal university campus, new build in Manchester. Busy with students, good facilities for snacks and lunches. Clean and friendly atmosphere. Location is good for lunchtime.
busy productive
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Manchester8 January 2018
busy
productive
good experience
work with different people
can be fun
but mostly just good to do as experience
learn how to work with different people
Course Representative (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester4 January 2018
Very helpful peers. I was a student and the role was voluntary. I had a great deal of responsibilities and and was provided with sufficient training to succeed in the role.
Productive and Fun Environment
Compliance and Records Document Technician (Current Employee) –  Manchester Metropolitan University3 November 2017
I've learned a lot working here,

different types of software packages,

How departments work together,

How to be lead on my own projects

etc
Pros
Cons
N/a
PhD researcher
PhD Research Student (Current Employee) –  Manchester3 November 2017
Daily review of literature, laboratory and field experiments, data anlaysis and writing up. Preparation of risk assessments, logistical management, health and safety
Inspiring and Rewarding work place
Peer mentor (Current Employee) –  Manchester Metropolitan University2 November 2017
Typically as a peer mentor I would supervise a classroom of students and help them settle into university life and deal with any course related queries they may have. I've learned how to mentor people both my age and older, which I previously haven't done. The most rewarding part of the job is knowing that the students feel comfortable around me. It makes me feel as though I have done my job well as I am supposed to be someone who the students are able to come to.
Great Experience
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Manchester25 September 2017
I worked for the university to carry out a survey for research purposes. Met great people and worked with a great team. I learnt about qualitative and quantity surveys.
Pros
Offers a great experience
Cons
No cons
Can be sometimes hectic
Security Patrol Officer (Current Employee) –  Manchester10 September 2017
A typical day for me at work would include carrying out cash runs patrolling the campus. The management are ok, the workplace culture is varied with people working there from many different backgrounds. The hardest part of my job is dealing with various incidents that can occurand the most enjoyable part is when people tell you how much they appreciate what you do for them.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester29 August 2017
A great place to work. Everyone works to the same goals in trying to give the students the best experience possible. Working hours are generally satisfactory
Interesting place to work
Associate Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester19 August 2017
Enjoy teaching the dental technology students, sharing my experience of working in the profession for over 35 years. I appreciate the hard working students and gain from the job satisfaction when they graduate.
Pros
The students
Cons
Train travel
Math Mentor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester9 August 2017
My role was mainly dealing with first year students, working alongside a lecturer. There were a few sessions through the week.

My role involved dealing with quantitative analysis and was a good opportunity to in part knowledge I had learnt previously to support students with their exam preparation. the hours were relatively flexible and the work environment was relaxing.
Pros
flexbile hours
Cons
N/a
Friendly and professional
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Manchester1 August 2017
A great role for first year students to undertake as it helps to get familiar with the campus as well as meet lots of different people, being a student ambassador is also a very fun role as you are always doing something different and it takes you out of your shell and comfort zone.
Pros
Meeting people from a variety of different courses
Cons
Not enough open days to work on

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MANCHESTER METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3