MANCHESTER METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY

MANCHESTER METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

if you start on grade 1 you got stock for ever
Domestic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester7 February 2018
equality at work is just on paper and gross discrimination to the minority ethnic groups in the university especially the non academic and facilities department
Good working environment
Technical team leader (Current Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire5 February 2018
Very enjoyable job, most days are different, fun and vibrant environment. Working with the students is a fun but challenging. Most of the university staff are great.
University life
Associate Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central11 January 2018
A normal university campus, new build in Manchester. Busy with students, good facilities for snacks and lunches. Clean and friendly atmosphere. Location is good for lunchtime.
busy productive
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Manchester8 January 2018
busy
productive
good experience
work with different people
can be fun
but mostly just good to do as experience
learn how to work with different people
Course Representative (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester4 January 2018
Very helpful peers. I was a student and the role was voluntary. I had a great deal of responsibilities and and was provided with sufficient training to succeed in the role.
Productive and Fun Environment
Compliance and Records Document Technician (Current Employee) –  Manchester Metropolitan University3 November 2017
I've learned a lot working here,

different types of software packages,

How departments work together,

How to be lead on my own projects

etc
Pros
Cons
N/a
PhD researcher
PhD Research Student (Current Employee) –  Manchester3 November 2017
Daily review of literature, laboratory and field experiments, data anlaysis and writing up. Preparation of risk assessments, logistical management, health and safety
Inspiring and Rewarding work place
Peer mentor (Current Employee) –  Manchester Metropolitan University2 November 2017
Typically as a peer mentor I would supervise a classroom of students and help them settle into university life and deal with any course related queries they may have. I've learned how to mentor people both my age and older, which I previously haven't done. The most rewarding part of the job is knowing that the students feel comfortable around me. It makes me feel as though I have done my job well as I am supposed to be someone who the students are able to come to.
Great Experience
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Manchester25 September 2017
I worked for the university to carry out a survey for research purposes. Met great people and worked with a great team. I learnt about qualitative and quantity surveys.
Pros
Offers a great experience
Cons
No cons
Can be sometimes hectic
Security Patrol Officer (Current Employee) –  Manchester10 September 2017
A typical day for me at work would include carrying out cash runs patrolling the campus. The management are ok, the workplace culture is varied with people working there from many different backgrounds. The hardest part of my job is dealing with various incidents that can occurand the most enjoyable part is when people tell you how much they appreciate what you do for them.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester29 August 2017
A great place to work. Everyone works to the same goals in trying to give the students the best experience possible. Working hours are generally satisfactory
Interesting place to work
Associate Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester19 August 2017
Enjoy teaching the dental technology students, sharing my experience of working in the profession for over 35 years. I appreciate the hard working students and gain from the job satisfaction when they graduate.
Pros
The students
Cons
Train travel
Math Mentor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester9 August 2017
My role was mainly dealing with first year students, working alongside a lecturer. There were a few sessions through the week.

My role involved dealing with quantitative analysis and was a good opportunity to in part knowledge I had learnt previously to support students with their exam preparation. the hours were relatively flexible and the work environment was relaxing.
Pros
flexbile hours
Cons
N/a
Friendly and professional
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Manchester1 August 2017
A great role for first year students to undertake as it helps to get familiar with the campus as well as meet lots of different people, being a student ambassador is also a very fun role as you are always doing something different and it takes you out of your shell and comfort zone.
Pros
Meeting people from a variety of different courses
Cons
Not enough open days to work on
The people you work with will be Great
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester28 July 2017
Your colleagues will be what help keep you going. There are always changes to structures and other things, in and amongst it, you can feel lost in the big organisation. The people you end up working with will be some of the nicest people.
Engage with prospective students and their parents during University open days
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Manchester24 July 2017
Very flexible work schedule and good pay. Very insightful job boosts your confidence and develops your communication skills. Make new friends among the other student ambassadors.
excellent work place
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Manchester13 July 2017
I am only giving Manchester Metropolitan a 4 star since I was a student ambassador role, I could not rely on a consistent salary as the shifts are unpredictable, however as a student this can work in your favour all in all the job was hugely satisfying and I am glad that I was able to work here through my academic career.
Pros
pick and choose when you want to work
Cons
unpredictable shifts
excellent workplace with friendly staff
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester12 July 2017
A typical day would consist of dealing with student requests, providing guidance, and maintaining the library.
I learned skills in customer service and organisation.
the management and workplace culture was very relaxed and friendly.
Good place
AV Technician (ICTS) (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester12 July 2017
Great place to work, an enjoyable atmosphere and I would recommend the place to anyone with a creative streak in their bones. Forward looking work environment.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
non
Interesting
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Manchester29 April 2017
I enjoy sharing my experiences of university life with the new in-coming students. Also, the fact that I have settled in so well so far from home assures them that they will also settle in and enjoy university life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MANCHESTER METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3