Manchester Airports Group Employee Reviews

Amazing Place to Work
Live Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, UK6 October 2018
A great place to work, very diverse and the people do make the place.
You get to learn a lot and realise how you need to be alert at all times.
There's a great team spirit. The work is seasonal demand, so expect summer, school holidays to be very busy!
Pros
People
Cons
Pay
Enjoyable but not profitable.
Terminal Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Stansted Airport28 September 2018
I have been working for MAG just 1 year, and I have to admit, it is probably most enjoyable and rewarding job I have ever got! Being Terminal Security Officer you have to be prepared for anything unusual which sometimes is happening on a daily basis. But after few weeks you can simply just get used to it! At first everything seem to be suspicious, after few weeks you simply forget about it, and enjoy your work. I would love to continue my work for MAG, but they have hired so many people that amount of hours are laughable! I would say 4 months are kind of busy (summer time), the rest of the year is pretty DEAD! So all you got is 20hrs a week. Still Job is amazing, people I met at Stansted Airport were amazing, always caring, including all managers and us officers. This was one of the best jobs I ever had. But as I said, lack of hours made me leave, my mental state due to my low earnings (I needed good money for many reasons) did not help me to cope. There are people who enjoy £1000 a month, as they live nearby, they have pretty simple live, work, sleep and drink and I need more than that.I recommend this job if your life is simple you have no mortgages, or any other financial "issues"/commitments.
Pros
Amazing people, Free tea, coffee, hot chocolate, interesting experience, feel like one big family most of the time
Cons
20hrs+ a week most of the year, Make sure to be at the airport minimum 1 hour prior to your shift, You have to get from car park to the terminal and go through security
A short term contract
Consultant Programme Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester31 August 2018
A short term contract through a consultancy so can't really comment.
While there I enjoyed my stint to get the project up and running.
- Typical hours - 9 - 5:30
- A competitive workplace culture
Good people
Procurement & Contracts Intern (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester22 August 2018
I found everyone in the department I worked with to be knowledgable about the subject matter, helpful in answering my queries and above all personable to work with
No consistency in the shift patterns
( AS) Security Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Terminal 1 & 330 July 2018
Absolutely loved the training!
But when it came to getting on the terminal, some of the other staff where vile towards newcomers, i was shouted at by another member of staff on my first day on the terminal, the shift pattern was shocking with no consistency in them at all, just didn't work with y home life at all, the management haven't got a clue what they are doing half the time.
very disappointed as i left a perfectly good job to try a new career here.
It is probably ok for single people with no commitments that don't mind working all hours but you really need to stand up for yourself.
Pros
Loved the training
Cons
some vile people, long hours, no consistency in the sift patterns
Worked here for 12.5 years
passenger security officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester20 July 2018
I left because after starting at 4am every working day and having to get up to do that, I retired as home/work life was never good and I now have grandkids to visit and couldn't do that on the shifts I had been doing (including working 6 out of 8 weekends)

I enjoyed my time there and miss my colleagues
Pros
A major company to work for
Cons
Having to get out of bed at 2am every working day to start work at 4am
Hard work, avoid
aviation security officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester Airport, Greater Manchester15 June 2018
Annualised contract, 120-180 hours per month. Start shift 3.30 am - finish depend 12.30, 15.30. Really no time for overtimes. Payslip £950 / month. plus overtimes.
Free Airport parking for both work and leisure - not true, only for work, really hard to get space for holiday. most of the space sold to passengers .
Pros
free coffee
Cons
long hours, 30--40 min traffic to Staff parking
Terrible Place To Work, Management are Jokers,Team Managers are horrendous
Aviation Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester Airport, Greater Manchester13 June 2018
The worst place you can ever work at.
Do not let the salary attract you, this company uses and abuses staff
For every 50 employed,45 leave in 4 weeks.
Pros
Major Airport, Discounts
Cons
Long Hours, Bad Management, Make own Rules, Dont follow and rules
Always under huge pressure
Aviation Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester12 June 2018
No thanks for any hard work or extra input. Defloating atmosphere. Because of the nature of the job perfection and no errors are expected so the staff are under extreme pressure while working some very anti-social hours.
Pros
Annual bonus but getting less each year.
Cons
Not many but i have some good work colleagues.
MBA-intern (Current Employee) –  East Midlands25 May 2018
Learn a lot from my placement in EMA. Nice colleague and a great line manager who is also a great mentor. Great management team. Growing business and nice place to work

Want to know more about Manchester Airports Group?

Ask a question
security officer Hold baggage manchester airport (Current Employee) –  Manchester Airport10 May 2018
I enjoy work and i am satisfied with the job. I liked seeing a variety of people and good customer service. They provide very good management and benefits.
Test Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester19 April 2018
Working in agile environment (scrum team ), attending sprint planning and constant doing regression testing .

The work is easy and adaptable to learn from highly experience member of the team
Annualised contract
Customer Service and Security (Former Employee) –  Manchester airport16 April 2018
In the summer it is very busy at the airport. The security queues are very very long and there is no air conditioning. They put you on an annualised contract which actually means back to back 12 hour shifts. It's absolutely horrendous. Alot of people end up leaving. Unless they change this they are gonna be in trouble as a million more passengers are expected this year
Pros
Make a few good friends at work, free parking
Cons
Long hours, 0300am starts
Great Place To Work
Service Desk team Leader (Former Employee) –  Manchester12 March 2018
Loved my time at Olympic House at Manchester Airport, i was very upset to leave my fixed term contract as a Team Leader on the ERP programme. I learned a lot and met some fab people. Money fab and work life balance excellent.
Pros
Free Parking
not good
Customer Service & Team coordinator (Former Employee) –  East Midlands1 March 2018
not a very good place to work, they do not treat you with respect. They push staff to their limits and no rewards or recognition is given. the work people are okay.
loved working for MAN
Aviation Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester Airport, Greater Manchester7 February 2018
what an amazing place to work, this is a very serious job working on security so everything has to be done correctly or there are some serious consequences, which is understandable, you are in control of every persons safety in that airport and you need to make sure things are done correctly. The training was amazing and the staff and all the managers was very supportive and just a lovely place to work.
Pros
short hours to start, amazing environment, good salary
Cons
stood for a long time in 1 position
Life balance and plenty of opportunity!
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Manchester Airport, Greater Manchester26 January 2018
I've been working as a security officer for the past 3 years and honestly love it here.

My shift pattern gives me the opportunity to work around my life which is great. Opportunities over the years have presented themselves should you wish to develop however I'm happy staying as I am as it works for me and my life.

Wish I'd moved here years ago!
Pros
Shift patterns (should this suit your life)
Cons
Job can become a bit samey (not that that's an issue for me)
n/a (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester18 January 2018
I started working for MAG around 6 months ago and have settled in really well, everyone I have worked with across many departments have been very friendly and welcoming and I have already been given opportunities for additional responsibility and development within my role.

It can be a challenging environment to work in and is very fast paced but this makes sure everyday is different.

I really enjoy working here and would recommend MAG to anyone.
Pros
Friendly colleagues, development opportunities, great benefits
n/a (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester5 January 2018
I've worked at the airport for nearly 5 years now and have really enjoyed my time here. Every day is different, albeit it can be a challenging environment at times, it is genuinely the most enjoyable job i have had.

I have had the opportunity to progress through different departments which has helped me build by confidence and find the right career path for me.

I would 100% recommend as a great place to work.
Pros
Great supportive team
Avoid at all costs !!
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manchester Airport, Greater Manchester30 November 2017
I would not recommend working at MAG, it is a terrible place to work. Management have no idea how to run the IT department. People come and leave ASAP after being treated poorly.

Bullying staff is part of their culture and will sack you instantly if you show them up. Depressing comes to mind.

Avoid making a mistake by applying at MAG.
Pros
Duty Free
Cons
Terrible staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manchester Airports Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Manchester Airports Group Reviews by Location