Manchester Airports Group

Manchester Airports Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom212 reviews
Very Busy
Can be very busy, some great staff but also some not so great staff, you can make the job work but when you first start they start you on a Annualised hours contract which is terrible for a work life balance. As soon as poss you need to get on a core contract then life at the airport becomes more bearable.
Good company to work for
Seem to be a good fair company to work for. The training is very good and in these very sad tunes have looked after the staff very well not been working here for that long but seem tone very fair
Really good people, good clean office space and a feeling of belonging. Great investment being made in to the structure to bring the airport up to modern European ones.
not applicable
good work life balance average salary benefits little job security good management great job culture would recommend anyone looking for an interesting career to consider
Awful place to work, unfair management, dishonest supervision, nightmare shift pattern
The passengers were generally lovely, and the team I started with were great, but as the company rebranded and changes implemented all the best staff left, 33 in two months!
Enjoyable
i worked as lead estimator for MAG and fully enjoyed my time. The projects where challenging and varied. My team were great to work with and the working conditions are great
Pros
location
Cons
difficult parking
Management was always changing to work on different terminals & if they like your face they treat the worker well.Miserable staff & hardly ever told "Well Done".
Ridiculously face paced
An insane target for customer throughput - it is clear to see that the company expect unreachable targets one way or another -which creates a high pressure stressful environment .
No comment
The pay is not great, you work long hours and you don't even get recognized or get payed enough. Your sleeping pattern is all over the place, the managers only care about themselves. Currently looking for another Job
No family life what so ever
If you enjoy going to bed at 3 in the afternoon and getting up at midnight go for it. Staff bus is always full, hard to find parking, cars get damaged no cameras. Not allowed to sit at any time. Get spoken to like rubbish and that's just off the managers. Passengers are even worse.
Its just getting worse!
I am surprised I lasted 8 years at this place. To start with the bad points

- They will employ literally anyone even though you might not be suitable for the role.

- Management on security don't care! its all about figures and through-puts of bags & passengers.

- No support of team leaders if you get an aggressive passenger or get put into a difficult situation.

-They make rules as they go along to please themselves.

- Faulty equipment

The list goes on! You do work with some great people.
airport ok
worked for a company not the actual airport. job was ok but the company was awful. wont name the company. money wasn't great. didn't work there long. im just writing words now to make the review accepted
Worst job ever
During the summer months you're not bothered by management or anyone and are left to the job you were hired to do. As soon as the holiday season comes to and end this is when the problems arise. Staff refer to this as sacktober. The amount of stress people are put under is ridiculous. You are constantly watched on cctv even though this is not the use of cctv. You will be out under intense pressure. Oh and if you leave will get a bill of around 800 quid for reasons that's seem to be made up and threatened with legal action.
Very busy
Very busy place with little support from management we generally worked hard to support each other. The manager never ever made contact with us and praise and gratitude for our hard was non existant
Great experience
Spent 35 years with this company, best thing that happened in my worklife.
Would recommend to anyone, have gained so much experience and attained numerous qualifications during my career
Challenging but Rewarding
Excellent opportunities once you are there and a great environment to work in. Everyone gets on and helps each other whichever company you represent and the time passes quickly.
MAG Security job
I have worked at Stansted first for BAA now for MAG for over 12 years now
I enjoy the contact with the passengers and believe I am very good at customer care which in security is also a big part of the job

I wish there was more consistency with management but other than that I am ok with the job
Pros
For me the team work and my colleagues are a big pro plus the interaction with passengers is good
Cons
Management don’t u derstand or even care sometimes On the stress to staff working shifts in security
Aweful place to work
A vile toxic environment to work. The worst people to work with and the least helpful and supporting management I've ever had the displeasure to meet.
Corrupt
Its a who you know and whether your face fits company that take no interest or care in their employees. Easy come easy go with sky high attrition and poor management.
par time role 25 hours a wek
Rotas wernt what they said they were it was nights not various shifts
Otherwise the job was interesting vital and attention to detail important.

The training was complete and thorough
productive
productive, fast paced, friendly members of staff, good company to work for and pay isn't too bad.

There is chance to progress in the company and opportunities to train in different areas
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manchester Airports Group. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7