Mama Bear's Day Nursery

Mama Bear's Day Nursery Employee Reviews

Accepting this job at Mama Bears was one of the best things that I have done. I’ve worked in nurseries for over 13 years but the opportunities and staff team at Mama Bears surpasses the rest. The days can be long and it is lots of hard work but the rewards of working with children for a company like this far outweigh any cons!
Pros
Attractive benefits, Staff team, support available
Cons
Not enough hours in the day!
I have worked for the company for over 12 years, i have worked between three different MB settings within this time. I started off as a qualified Early years practitioner however the company quickly recognised my skills and passion and i gradually worked my way up through the hierarchy. I am now a nursery manager. Being part of a large company is great as there is always opportunity to grow.The hours can be long and each day is never the same however the staff team work so hard together and we have become a very close team with the majority of my staff team having been here since opening in 2011. We have very positive parent reviews and a lot of our children attend here through word of mouth. Many of our children start off in our baby room so it is lovely to see them grow and learn and for us to be able to contribute to their early years before heading off to school.
Pros
Free lunches, free uniform, fair holiday entitlement, childcare discount
Cons
long hours- full time position is 40 hrs
Mama Bear’s is a really nice company to work for and I definitely feel valued as part of the team. There are lots of opportunities to earn TOIL (time back in lieu) and we also get a lot of holiday time including all bank holidays.
Pros
Lots of holiday, all bank holidays off, lovely team, opportunities for promotions
Cons
I have worked at Mama bears for a long time and have had the opportunity of working in different settings and managing 2. I started as a level 2 and was given the support and encouragement to complete my training for childcare...and much more! moving into higher roles as my experience and confidence grew. Its a lovely company to work for and if you are looking to progress, the opportunities are always there!
Pros
Free lunch, staff bonus scheme, mental health support, good rate of pay, experienced staff
Cons
hours can be long - but flexibility is there!
I joined Mama Bears as a Level 2 five years ago. They helped me through my level 3 and now I am a Team Leader. It's a busy nursery and we work hard but my colleagues are lovely and the Manager is supportive. I love working with the children, running my team and making a difference. I want to be a manager in a few years and I know that I can achieve this with Mama Bears.
Pros
Career progress if you want it and, yes, free lunches.
Cons
Hours can be long.
I have worked for Mama Bear's for years now, I have worked my way up to Deputy manager and really enjoy the role. I have also found everyone to be really supportive of me personally and my career progression.I had a period of absence recently and the care and consideration I was given on my return to work was amazing.
Pros
company support structure
Cons
busy position
I have been supported in my time at Mama Bears and have worked my way up to management. Each day is different and brings new challenges and situations. The management team support you, offering solutions and ways to problem solve. I find it very rewarding, working with our families and seeing children make progress from their starting points.
Pros
Rewarding, get to work alongside a great team
Mama Bears is a friendly and happy place to work.Being a childcare practitioner is fun and rewarding.There are opportunities to progress to more senior roles, not just at my nursery but across the company.
Pros
Nice management
Every day is so different and makes the jobs interesting. The management team are very supportive and have a clear workplace culture that supports every team member. The company has well planned processes and an excellent induction programme that supports your everyday practice.The company has excellent progression opportunities and values all staff.
Pros
Every one is valued and has an equal voice and yearly pay review.
Cons
Parking
The nursery is excellent, I feel safe and comfortable all members of staff are treated the same despite having different qualifications . The staff are amazing and it's like a small loving family.
Pros
Great friendships.
Cons
N/a
childcare is a very challenging but rewarding career. Working here is fun, its a supportive environment where career progression is supported and encouraged.
Pros
Good team work and support
This is a terrible company to work for, the children are not seen as individuals they are seen as walking pound signs. Staff are not encouraged to better themselves and issues are brushed under the carpet if they could make the company look bad. Management will never admit fault and because issues are handled internally the company always wins. Do not work for them.
Pros
You leave at the end of the day
Cons
I enjoyed my time at mama bear's but couldn't take time to go to appointments if needed. I worked lots of extra hours for toil and got paid for it when I left. Have to pay back training course if you leave before a year of the course, didn't have much training. Short staffed a lot of the time.
can be fun but you have to work hard long days little home life pay needs to be better but this is a rewarding job for the right people day to day working with children brings its own rewards
This company expect too much from you without giving you anything in return. Salaries do not match job titles or experience, management care more about how the nursery looks from the outside rather than the care and education of the children. Staff are belittled and made to feel inadequate.
The staff at mama bears are really lovely and surporting but I feel sorry for aprentices , as it's a corse u would thought you would be with the children most of the time and you have key children as well so u should be. Well I'm my experience I was made to be other in the kitchen when staff was on holiday or cleaning or off to other nuseries. each staff member has different colour shirts, pink for level 3s, blue for level 2s and green for cleaners and aprentices. As I was a aprentice I wore a green shirt this doesn't mean I was a cleaner but the staff don't care it's if your in a green shirt you clean
I enjoy working for a big company, the team at Barewell road work really hard together and get along very well. Good relationships with parents and every day is different. Very fast paced working environment which I Like.
I really enjoy working here, and have been given all the opportunities and experience needed. I was accommodated well whilst studying (given ample time and help needed), and learnt on the job as well. I get on well with the people I work with and have had the chance to work with all age groups, which builds up my experience again.
I work for mama bears and have never been happier the staff are amazing and friendly management excellent having previously worked in various settings I love working at mama bears and highly recommend it. The care for the children is outstanding.
Pros
Friendly staff and management
I've been at Mama Bears coming up to 2 years and I have enjoyed every minute of it! It is such a rewarding job, the bonds that you make with the children are amazing and it is very difficult to say bye to pre school children when they leave! I feel very confident that if I was to have any problems or issues, I could speak to someone and it would get resolved asap. The friendships that I have made are some that I will have for life and I can't thank Mama Bears enough for giving me this opportunity!!
Pros
Bonds and friendships, rewarding
Cons
Long hours/minimum pay
I enjoy working for Mama Bears Day Nursery, I find our setting is like one big family and we all get on and help each other when needed, my manager is always willing to help when and where she can. The company is always providing us with different training courses to extend our knowledge. Our company is a very inclusive setting. The best part of this job is to watch the children grow from babies all the way into school age, although it is a very sad time saying goodbye to them, it is a very rewarding time as we are able to help parents and carers teach their children various things. There is never a dull day with the children and staff as every day is never the same and there is always something to laugh about. The hardest part of this job is saying goodbye to children when they leave at the end of pre-school or bouncies :(. I couldn't see myself working anywhere else, I am very happy at this company. The company also reward you for your hard work and dedication.
Pros
Good team work.
Cons
Not enough car parking spaces.