Malmaison

Malmaison Employee Reviews

United Kingdom144 reviews
If you work as cleaner, it could be really stressful, especially because you don't have a lot of time to clean the rooms, and they want you to clean them at a very high standard
No hubo ningún apoyo de dirección, falta de personal, condiciones laborales no tan buenos como otros (ejemplo, no dan comida a las horas de comer).
Hard to get holidays, because hotel mostly understaffed. Even if you book holiday they can tell you just before it stars that you cant get it. Long working hours. company doesn't pay over time. Some of workers on salary working way more than 40 hours per week.
Lovely management, friendly staff, great place to work at and a great company to work for with lots of benefits and shown appreciation by management and team.
No structure to this place at all, they care more about making money than they do the welfare of their staff members. There’s never enough staff on. Staff food is old left over food from events, no proper training is actually provided you’re just thrown in at the deep end and then they get annoyed when you don’t do the job properly. Not worth the long hours and lack of social life you get from them.
Pros
Nice location
Cons
Long hours, No training, understaffed
Absolutely worst job I’ve ever had management care about themselves only changing shifts to suit themselves only don’t care about childcare. Will put you in for shifts without letting you know. Refuse you your entitled holiday. Avoid with all costs! After three months your ment to get a card which gives you discount for the hotels never received one ever. Four weeks notice to leave Place is just a shambles. Best day was handing my notice in
Poor tips/service charge, no appreciation or recognition of hard work at all. Management very unprofessional, stressed and careless. Toxic environment. Not even staff food provided.
I have given many years of my life to this company and I don't regret a single day of it. It's not a long term place but its somewhere you will remeber working forever. It has good days and bad days but I would consider this place my home, again it's not long term because they don't let you advance much.
Working in a hotel is such an amazing experience I would definitely go and do it all over again if I had the opportunity. Without a doubt. It was amazing
Not a bad workplace if you like working every second of your life and being criticised constantly. Overall, the salary and tips are great, but there is no work-life balance. You should expect to be working every weekend and ask at least a month in advance to get a day off. Management does not seem to appreciate the staff and you are forced to stay overtime if it is busy even fi your shift exceeds 12h. Moreover, you are forced to work all holidays such as Christmas Eve, Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day without a day off. The team was great however, we all got used to how we were treated and supported each other.
Pros
tips
Cons
long hours, no work and life balance, management, interdiction to be in the hotel off-work and 3 month ban after quitting
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Malmaison?
Malmaison is a poorly run hotel chain, far from its origins in Edinburgh. The management is incompetent and your chances of advancement are slim to none, there is also no coordination between upper management with employees, often you are spoken to as if you are not worthy of any respect. Further to this there are also repeat errors that are never addressed. In order to improve the experience of staff and thereby retention they must:

-Establish a clearer training strategy for their employees

-Use personal development planning to develop their staff instead of belittling them and making them feel like they should be grateful they are given a job.

-Ask employees how they could be accommodated

-Invest in communication and better IT to prevent miscommunications and errors in the booking system.

-Better coordinate teams to have a more coherent and thus efficient system thereby preventing mishaps and failures in meeting customer demands.
No much to say.
It's ok , if you don't have too much ambition. Menu doesn't change really they just take out a old one from last year. If you a new chef you can learn new things in the first 6 month ,after that being boring. I'm sure.
working in a call center with good incentives. lots of training given to get you started and a good place to work and great commission would highly recommend
It's if wanna be used and dogs body, others not turning up u have to go in on days off long hours spilt shifts no help from others, managers let others
Pull sickys, no team players
Uno de los mejores grupos para los que he trabajado
Over all it’s a good chain company to work with , Head office in Singapore 🇸🇬 , you can grow up with company , fair benefit , 36 hotel around UK & Scotland , accommodation staff discounts .
Pros
Uniform & Staff discount
Cons
abet Slow progress
For 2 years I worked at Malmaison Oxford. It was my home, my colleagues were like family, my managers were excellent. Long hours hard work, good pay. It’s not a job for everyone, be prepared for long working hours, but I made some lifetime friends, learnt loads about food, drink, service and we had good staff parties too. The only thing that was annoying was the new GM. Made the place feel a lot more like a prison.
Good and friendly working staff. The manager was very considerate in creating roaster to fit everyone. Good way to earn some extra cash and also gain some social experience.
Ridicules working hours,60 plus a week, no support from management, events are a mess, no communication, no pay overtime.
Management is a bad joke, they can't keep a head chef longer than 2 months,sous chef making you feel unwanted each day, executive chef will only say what you doing wrong with no explanation how to do things correctly plus deputy manger with Napoleon complex rude and lazy.

Kitchen was well designed.
I would work from 5pm until normally 1am, but sometimes 5am in the morning 5 nights a week.
The higher management never acknowledged that the staff had lives outside of work and expected us to sign away our lives for it.

Only benefit is that the rest of the staff are lovely.
• Serving food and drinks
• Keeping up with cleaning and hygeiene regulations.

• Greeting guests with a high level of customer service.

• Making sure guests feel comfortable and that they have everything they would like.

• Making sure food is presented in a 4* fashion.