Maldon District Council Employee Reviews

Unprofessional
Revenues and Benefits Officer (Former Employee) –  Maldon, Essex3 September 2019
Wouldn’t work here again if it was the last place on earth. Not professional at all nor confidential. All Team Leaders / Senior staff very tight nit and gossip between one another and have a select few of their ‘favourite ‘ staff which creates a bad atmosphere.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Staff!
productive and fun
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Maldon19 September 2018
fun place to take work experience with enjoyable people i was fully welcomed their and was able to assist and help with the work they where already partaking in.
Pros
welcoming environment
Very supportive
Revenue Officer (Current Employee) –  Maldon, Essex24 March 2018
Have always felt well supported in my time at the council in my time here. I was previously a chef but managed to get an apprenticeship and work my way up to an officer.
Productive and enjoyable work place with great colleagues
Processing Officer (Former Employee) –  Maldon, Essex8 August 2017
Very professional work place, a great place to work and learn new housing and council tax related things. Lovely work environment and community with great facilities.
Productive and varied role in a lovely department
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maldon19 June 2015
I would first come in and check emails and check with line managers if there was any urgent work needing to be done. Then I worked alone in another office, updating the Electoral Register with new properties and residents. June to November was particularly busy hence I was expected to work longer hours during this time and flexi-time could be taken once Electoral Register was finally published. I also enjoyed assisting the PR officer in producing a book about the history of Maldon during WWII and also in dealing with press releases at times. The hardest part of the job was working alone in an office and not seeing anyone for whole days sometimes, but I did not mind as there was a lot of work to do regarding data input on the Electoral Register.
Pros
Lots of flexi-time
Cons
Long hours working alone during busy times on Electoral Register
A poor company to work for - does not offer work/home-life balance.
Project Officer (Current Employee) –  Maldon, ENG10 September 2014
A poor company to work for - does not offer work/home-life balance.