Maldon District Council

Maldon District Council Employee Reviews

United Kingdom7 reviews
I performed a general office cleaner role while studying my A-Levels, this role included hoovering, dusting, disinfecting, and emptying bins. From this role I learnt a great deal about time management as well as attention to detail and organisation.
Wouldn’t work here again if it was the last place on earth. Not professional at all nor confidential. All Team Leaders / Senior staff very tight nit and gossip between one another and have a select few of their ‘favourite ‘ staff which creates a bad atmosphere.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Staff!
fun place to take work experience with enjoyable people i was fully welcomed their and was able to assist and help with the work they where already partaking in.
Pros
welcoming environment
Cons
Have always felt well supported in my time at the council in my time here. I was previously a chef but managed to get an apprenticeship and work my way up to an officer.
Very professional work place, a great place to work and learn new housing and council tax related things. Lovely work environment and community with great facilities.
I would first come in and check emails and check with line managers if there was any urgent work needing to be done. Then I worked alone in another office, updating the Electoral Register with new properties and residents. June to November was particularly busy hence I was expected to work longer hours during this time and flexi-time could be taken once Electoral Register was finally published. I also enjoyed assisting the PR officer in producing a book about the history of Maldon during WWII and also in dealing with press releases at times. The hardest part of the job was working alone in an office and not seeing anyone for whole days sometimes, but I did not mind as there was a lot of work to do regarding data input on the Electoral Register.
Pros
Lots of flexi-time
Cons
Long hours working alone during busy times on Electoral Register
A poor company to work for - does not offer work/home-life balance.