Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust

Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom27 reviews
Good 0800-1600 job
The trust invested in my training as Transport Manager.I have now qualified as a Transport Manager

Some staff come across as being militant but that is due to quite low salaries.

Culture can be frustrating at times as in its not my job.

I enjoy working as part of a team.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Salary not representative to responsibility
Currently working with a small team at MTW. Managers gang up like children on power play. Sadly, bullying is prevalent with this particular Trust. HR really needs to to re train their managers or else, there would always be a higher number of staff turnover.
Everything fine. It’s more better of trust pay clinical pharmacy technician band 5 salary as other hospitals. All pharmacy technician should trained for Accuracy checking of dispensed medicines and 2

hours slot wee
My first time joining the NHS, I came from a visual merchandising background within retail.
I joined Pembury hospital as a theatre support worker. Was told I would get training and support for the first 6 months. Didn’t really get either. The vibe of most staff was cliquey and rude. The friendlier staff were helpful and supportive but it was rare you were put with someone who wanted to help you. No professional or structured training was put in place.

I unfortunately fell ill 3momths in, with glandular fever and then was off for about 2.5months. When I returned I wasn’t given the rest of my learning/training like they agreed and was shoved in at the deep end. I became very stressed and uncomfortable when put in areas or tasks I was unsure or not trained to do. There’s only so many times you can speak out or try to address the issue but the management always brushed it off and you was just made to continue. I was eventually taken sick again and signed off. I never returned after, and handed in my notice. Was such a shame as I had high hopes to enjoy my time there and Gain a career. All my family work for the NHS and love it. I’m determined though to continue to find a job/career within the nhs. Just better management and training.
Pros
Discount pay parking job security
Cons
Long hours poor management lack of training rude colleagues
Backstabbing colleagues, bullying managers and a very strict attendance policy.

The job was okay although very demanding.

I would not recommend working there.
Poor pay and start salary 19000 is poor for a trade person ,other hospitals pay a higher grade and are looked down by supervisors who do not lead by example and not trusted by staff
I worked in Finance team, all are very helpful and you feel like family, you can learn alot,asking sonething if you dont know is always appreciated left due to family circumstances.
Everyone is nice and helpful, I felt failed as an apprentice as I didn't get the help and support I needed from my manager and was left on my own for a lot of work when I didn't know what I was doing even though iasked for help.
A very nice place to work, majority of colleagues are very nice. Management is a big issue in my area of work. Great job satisfaction knowing you are helping people
Nice place to work, staff friendly and helpful to new comers. Interesting work and good opportunities to progress up the ladder. Good holidays and pension.
Pros
good pension
Cons
stressful
I enjoyed working here, however, the bullying culture will never change. There are a lot of good people working there but I found attitudes to male nurses poor compared to females
Pros
Wonderful place to work
Cons
Old fashioned attitudes
If short staffed, never felt supported by management. It pushes people to breaking point. And when you have staff that are passionate about care for patients, it’s unfair
Pros
Meeting many different people
Cons
Not enough staff
My usual day at work I found fulfilling and multi tasked, with plenty to keep me occupied. I enjoyed the team I worked with, and I found it to be very rewarding especially when booking in patients. I had a very good relationship with the consultants that I booked for. I found them all to be very approachable, which made the job comfortable. At one point we had an amazing manager, it was a joy to work under her, and due to that, nothing was too hard to comply with. She showed us respect, and consequently she received respect. The hardest part of the job was the bureaucracy. And the most enjoyable part of the job was putting a smile on patients faces.
I had the best experience at Maidstone hospital as a staff nurse and enjoyed everyday that I went to work. The team was fantastic and welcoming. The management team were excellent.
Not a great place to work, management style is not motivating. Very autocratic management style. Constantly asked to take on more work with no back-up. Very poor computer systems. Too muh work and not enough people.
Pros
close to home
Cons
Bad management very autocratic styles
People at work were very helpful and friendly but menagment if you need something they're not helping they're only for they and it's no course for staff
Pros
Extra brake
Cons
Lots of houers
Health records is a very physical job. A typical day starts with putting away box loads of files. The workplace culture was team work because there was a lot of sick leave. Management was not too good.
Pros
Can't think of any.
Cons
Extremely physical
It is a grate place to work, I have never been bored since starting work here, the lower management are the best iv every worked for, they are there to help you as much as they can the only things that let the job down is the low pay and you are forever against upper management trying to save money where they can.
Pros
lower management, work colleges
Cons
uper managment, low wage, not a lot of incentives
Maidstone and tunbridge nhs was very interesting lots of different jobs to do such as seeing to the patients care helping with feeds for patients who were unable to do it themselves due to their illness you could do courses to help you approve your jobs. You could get upgraded through your courses and the more you did the more interesting the job became meeting and greeting the patients and seeing them improving with care and going home or somewhere they could live with help.as there were two hospitals you could choose where you wanted to go thus giving you the experience of all sides off medical care.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
I loved my job at Tunbridge Wells Hospital, I was able to do so much and help so many people. I was working with a great bunch of people and I got to learn so much too. I would have been promoted if I hadn't decided to move to Australia to study Nursing.
Pros
Free healthcare
Cons
12 hour shifts (not including travel time)
I had to do the soft drinks and snacks for the patient. Every time I enter the ward everybody seems very happy which makes me happy as well.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8