Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust Employee Reviews

Excellent employer
Temporary Medical Secretary Orthopaedics (Former Employee) –  Pembury, Kent4 February 2019
Nice place to work, staff friendly and helpful to new comers. Interesting work and good opportunities to progress up the ladder. Good holidays and pension.
Pros
good pension
Cons
stressful
Staffing
Clinical support worker (Former Employee) –  Maidstone16 August 2018
If short staffed, never felt supported by management. It pushes people to breaking point. And when you have staff that are passionate about care for patients, it’s unfair
Pros
Meeting many different people
Cons
Not enough staff
On the whole a very rewarding job.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent18 June 2018
My usual day at work I found fulfilling and multi tasked, with plenty to keep me occupied. I enjoyed the team I worked with, and I found it to be very rewarding especially when booking in patients. I had a very good relationship with the consultants that I booked for. I found them all to be very approachable, which made the job comfortable. At one point we had an amazing manager, it was a joy to work under her, and due to that, nothing was too hard to comply with. She showed us respect, and consequently she received respect. The hardest part of the job was the bureaucracy. And the most enjoyable part of the job was putting a smile on patients faces.
Great hospital to work
Staff Nurse (acute medicine) (Former Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent8 February 2018
I had the best experience at Maidstone hospital as a staff nurse and enjoyed everyday that I went to work. The team was fantastic and welcoming. The management team were excellent.
Mediocre place to work
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Royal Tunbridge Wells27 December 2017
Not a great place to work, management style is not motivating. Very autocratic management style. Constantly asked to take on more work with no back-up. Very poor computer systems. Too muh work and not enough people.
Pros
close to home
Cons
Bad management very autocratic styles
Nice people
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent19 December 2017
People at work were very helpful and friendly but menagment if you need something they're not helping they're only for they and it's no course for staff
Pros
Extra brake
Cons
Lots of houers
Good crowd to work with.
Health Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Paddock Wood, Kent9 October 2017
Health records is a very physical job. A typical day starts with putting away box loads of files. The workplace culture was team work because there was a lot of sick leave. Management was not too good.
Pros
Can't think of any.
Cons
Extremely physical
Good place to work but uper management are to work with
Gardener (Current Employee) –  Maidstone24 December 2016
It is a grate place to work, I have never been bored since starting work here, the lower management are the best iv every worked for, they are there to help you as much as they can the only things that let the job down is the low pay and you are forever against upper management trying to save money where they can.
Pros
lower management, work colleges
Cons
uper managment, low wage, not a lot of incentives
Productive and enjoyable
Csw in nhs (Former Employee) –  Kent22 August 2016
Maidstone and tunbridge nhs was very interesting lots of different jobs to do such as seeing to the patients care helping with feeds for patients who were unable to do it themselves due to their illness you could do courses to help you approve your jobs. You could get upgraded through your courses and the more you did the more interesting the job became meeting and greeting the patients and seeing them improving with care and going home or somewhere they could live with help.as there were two hospitals you could choose where you wanted to go thus giving you the experience of all sides off medical care.
Pros
Interesting work
A great place to work
Clinical Support Worker (Former Employee) –  England29 May 2016
I loved my job at Tunbridge Wells Hospital, I was able to do so much and help so many people. I was working with a great bunch of people and I got to learn so much too. I would have been promoted if I hadn't decided to move to Australia to study Nursing.
Pros
Free healthcare
Cons
12 hour shifts (not including travel time)
fun
Tea lady (Current Employee) –  Maidstone14 April 2016
I had to do the soft drinks and snacks for the patient. Every time I enter the ward everybody seems very happy which makes me happy as well.
Collegues
Senior Acute Emergency Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Royal Tunbridge Wells, ENG18 October 2015
I have a lot of fun with the nurses in A&E. We have a lovely work (although busy) environment. We all support each other and work well as team.
Good working environment
Clinical Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Tunbridge Wells3 October 2015
I was able to learn new skills, and use my capacity to help and improve the working place.
Its a very busy ward, having surgeries every day, with different medical cases.
Temp. Portering Supervisor
Porter Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tunbridge Wells1 June 2015
Always I needn't belong due to stressful working environment caused by Porters who needn't a outsider Supervising their department and Management attitude towards staff.
Although there was some job satisfaction in being able to help Patients.
Pros
Cons
Bullied
Good variety
Paediatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pembury20 January 2015
There was never a typical day when working on a ward, each day came with its own challenges but generally it was about caring for the patients and their families.
I learnt lots of new skills and also how much trust patients have for you as a nurse.
Management were a visible presents although at ward meetings when items were mentioned they were not always followed up on. Co-workers, the team were very important and good at supporting one another.
The hardest part of the job were the long shifts and the lack of breaks on some shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job was having a patient and their family thank you for looking after them.
Pros
Holiday entitlement
Very friendly workplace
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Royal Tunbridge Wells, ENG31 July 2013
I have a very busy job as I only work four days a week, so I need to keep all work up to date. The Trust is in the process of changing the way the secretarys are working i.e. forming Clinical Administration Units which appears to be a typing pool. I get on with everyone in the office across the board. The hardest part is maintaining a high standard I have set in keeping all the clinics and results up to date. I enjoy the constant demand and patient contact.
Pros
Help from doctors re prescriptions if required
Cons
None that I can think of
High pressure working environment
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kent, ENG22 July 2013
Working in a hospital and observing operations taught me about working in a high-pressure, unpredictable 'sink or swim' environment.