Magnet

Magnet Employee Reviews for Design Assistant

Design Assistant5 reviews
United Kingdom5 reviews
Featured review
Magnet selected this as a representative review
Exciting fast paced business, hard work but enjoyable. Trade: meet new people everyday but build relationships with regulars. Showroom: professional, rewarding to see the end product.
I had a great time working in Magnet Kensington which was a showroom. We did not need to handle a lot of stock and the clientel was nice. Unfortunately I was made redundant due to Covid-19 as I was on my probation period. I would wish that they would have given more advice/ assistance in this situation but would highly recommend the company and I hope I would be offered to come back once the situation is more stable.
The team is fantastic, starting from the are manager, manager and colleagues from brunch.Every trimestre I receive bonuses, vouchers for the restaurant, and many others benefits.
So far is the best company for myself!
Good atmosphere and people. Very professional workplace with good opportunities for employees. Great raining offered for new colleagues with the brand that owns Magnet
Great place to work, great colleagues great commission. Clean working conditions unfortunately my contract was only weekends so not quite enough hours to warrant working every weekend. But nice place to work.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Not enough hours
I took this job to gain experience in the design industry and as I enjoy talking to customers from my previous job it was a perfect match. I have been working at Magnet for 6 months and the people I work with are very helpful and approachable.
I joined Magnet in January - their biggest sale period! So it was very busy which was good for me to see the difference between in sale and out of sale months.

One problem with the job is that it can get boring. It is up to me to keep myself motivated by learning about the products and the software... but there is only so much of that I can do. That is why I got designing and sold my first kitchen within the first 3 months.

As I graduated as an interior designer, I feel that this job was good to get into and gain confidence but I need to use the skills that i gained at uni before they're dulled down.
Pros
Commission
Cons