Magnet

Magnet Employee Reviews

United Kingdom131 reviews
Featured review
Magnet selected this as a representative review
Career advancement
Exciting fast paced business, hard work but enjoyable. Trade: meet new people everyday but build relationships with regulars. Showroom: professional, rewarding to see the end product.
Really good, helps always on hand.
Wish I were still there, but unfortunately I had to move down the country due to family. Loads of over time of wanted. Management to form. Pay real good as are the holidays. Double bubble pay on holiday plus a day in Lee. Top job. If you get the job, keep it!!!!!!!
Creative and professional work space
I had a great time working in Magnet Kensington which was a showroom. We did not need to handle a lot of stock and the clientel was nice. Unfortunately I was made redundant due to Covid-19 as I was on my probation period. I would wish that they would have given more advice/ assistance in this situation but would highly recommend the company and I hope I would be offered to come back once the situation is more stable.
Undervalued, undermined, overworked unbalanced management.
Under staffed undervalued, under paid.

Miserable, demoralising and culture of bulling from management.

The job evolved answering the phone, so others could do there job.

The job was busy for one but not two designers.

As the cleaner said we have had three managers in 1 and a half and this has been the worst one and unfortunately his ego saids it all.

The company has stagnated in its offering in products and service.

But really they don’t care, lip service and a very clicky team going nowhere.
Pros
Cons
No enjoyable moment ever
Sorry state of affairs!!
It starts ok, after a while you notice that money you have earned starts to disappear with charges made against you for no particular reason.
Do not work for these thieves.
Pros
None.
Cons
Leaving.
Beautiful showroom and great team
Supportive colleagues, courses available to increase proficiency.
An all inclusive and friendly invironment. Opportunities to progress further in your career.
Poor management
Depending on Depot, Poor management,
Just Look at how many vacancy’s there are ... it says it all .

They can not retain and look after staff!

Everyone I know has left, if you have an issues it doesn’t get sorted.
Pros
Not working Sundays
Cons
9-6, poor management, corrupt
Productive and progressing environment
The team is fantastic, starting from the are manager, manager and colleagues from brunch.Every trimestre I receive bonuses, vouchers for the restaurant, and many others benefits.
So far is the best company for myself!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Magnet?
New branch
Helped to set up branch and make it a success as the company hadn't opened a branch for a while so my background in retail and store set up in fads helped
Wonderful
The best place i have worked. Great staff, higher management very good, was unfortunately made redundant after 5 years but was a great place to work. Depending on location it was difficult to progress. But overall very good company to work for.
VERY clicky!
The job role itself was enjoyable, the work load was A LOT, too much at times and could cause a lot of stress. Unfortunately, the team were very clicky and even though you work along side them and try to help each other out some would happily find reasons to get you into trouble and you always have to watch your back, even if what your doing is what everyone else does there will be some who will try and turn it around. This was largely what made me leave, can't be done with working with 2 faced people.
Avoid
Magnet are probably one of the most devious companies out there. It’s definitely a case of if your face fits. They dispose of staff as easily as putting trash in the bin. They use the probation period in order to get a vibe off people and if you’re not what they like out the door you go.
Pros
Work colleagues in store are good support as they’re in the same boat
Cons
Area management are deceitful and manipulative
Prehistoric Management
I loved the job, but senior management are prehistoric in their style of people management. Shut up or be forced out! Definitely if your face doesn't fit, they make you leave through bullying!
Really Really Really
So an update, Structure has changed No MD now wink wink and commission structure has changed wink wink Guided Targets wink wink. Give me a golden ticket people I love a 5% increase on the margin when I am sitting on a cracking minus 15% because the bright spark wants to go up against shhhhhh don't mention them mention the which report best buy best buy. Look in all seriousness this a review and if I haven't been bored you to death please be aware the nature of the beast in sales and if you want to be that thing on the end of there shoe then smile your on to a winner with Magnet. Look great things last with everyone if we are all pulling in the same direction. Magnet needs a healthy culture change please do not think its going to happen anytime soon. I would advise that a second thought is needed I am just grateful I have seen sense. And trust me they never get it right! the old saying "couldn't organise a? now now keep clean.
I will say it again do not put your self through this I have seen this place destroy the best of them shameful really, so go and find a great company leave this not as an after thought but a stop gap maybe but not as career.
Pros
Going home
Cons
Turning up
Not great
not a great place to work for, do not apply as it will be a waste of time and the management is really unorganised. not a great place to work for and don't
fun place to work for
Lovely company to work for, always willing to train you if you are stuck on something. have trainings you can also attend yourself to expand your knowledge.
Clicky
If your face fits or you have 'pals' their you'll be ok, apart from that the place is ran like a youth club.
Would not recommend working there.

Lazy and 'clicky' warehouse so called managers and supervisors.

Drinking and drug culture.
Ok if you drink and take drugs with management
Very corrupt no advancement unless related to other members of staff within the company. Interviews are done in the highland laddie pub. This is a drug and drinking culture amongst family
Very rewarding
Magnet is a face paced working environment and is very quick to change with the current market. If you are willing to but in the effort they're are plenty of rewards to be had.
Great environment and team
Plenty of opportunities to get involved in all areas of the business. Assistance and development opportunities are always at hand.

A great environment, always plenty of activities going on outside of work.
A wonderful journey
Phenomenal environment. Everything about this business was superb. Training was good and well structure. Support was always available and senior management were excellent.

Anyone wanting a good career with a great business, Magnet is the best placed in the KBB market