Magnet Employee Reviews

Excellent company
Kitchen Designer (Former Employee) –  Elgin26 January 2019
I really enjoyed working for magnet. I recieved excellent training and support. I gained a lot of experience with customer service and how to find out their needs.
Posative
Magnet trade sales and warehouse (Former Employee) –  Sevenoaks, Kent14 January 2019
magnet offer there employees the best training and opportunity to excel in order to have professional staff with the best understanding of there job to fulfill customer satisfaction.
Pros
training facility and perks
Cons
other emplyee having lazy attitude
freindly workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Darlington, Durham4 January 2019
I worked for magnet kitchens in the showroom department as a housekeeper my role was to maintain a high standard in keeping the show room and shop floor spotlessly clean making sure showroom displays were sparkling clean to attract customers to this area I dealt with customers general questions and enquires as best as I could but unfortunately things took a wrong turn for me due to family issues so I had to terminate my role with them.
great place to work
Line machinist (Former Employee) –  Keighley13 November 2018
excellent place to work before getting made redundant. the money and people who worked with was a joy to look back on. making windows for a living and doors
Lots of mileage
South Wales Trade Representative (Former Employee) –  Cardiff16 September 2018
Tasked with signing up three accounts a day, and then getting them to spend money is pretty hard going. But I managed it for nearly seven years.Made redundant.
Challenging, target driven work place.
Kitchen sales (Former Employee) –  Andover, Hampshire10 September 2018
At Magnet I would come in, Check my emails and appointments. Make a plan for the day. Prioritise my work load to who has been waiting the longest, to get the plan and price accross to them. Attend my appointments in and out of the store, and attempt to get the plans started straight away while the kitchens are fresh in my mind.
Book follow up appointments so that the customer can come back in and view what there kitchen could look like.

The workplace culture was very friendly and helpful. Everyone would want to help and was always very happy.

The hardest part of my job was getting people to put a deposit down at the first sitting of the kitchen. In a way pressure selling.

The most enjoyable part of my job was when the kitchen was fitted and the customer was satisfied.
Pros
Local
Cons
Awful regional team, and even worse pay
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 September 2018
They promise the earth when employ you, but deliver on none of their promises.

The training for new starters only focus' on how amazing the company is. It doesn't teach you how to do your job, or maximise the profitability of your store.

Regional team say there are there to help, but in reality are only interested in finding fault.
Pros
company car
Cons
lack of support, poor training.
Tiresome, stressful and understaffed
Sales/assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire and Cambridge stores27 August 2018
Short staffed all the time, terrible management, staff falling out, customer complaints constantly. Management pile on pressure constantly. Frowned upon when taking full lunch break.
Pros
Few and far between
Cons
Too many to list
Good to work for but can be political
Kitchen Designer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 August 2018
Can be a good place to work but demands are high on staff & politics from above can get in the way of the day to day running of the store.............
great company
branch manager (Former Employee) –  Midland18 August 2018
the business it self is great and a good company to work for , the regional team are behind managers all the way, how ever daily interaction with some customers are very challenging, some of the issues occur and you dont have any control over but you need to deal with it , join magnet if you have thick skin
Pros
good company
Cons
tricky customers
On the main a good place to work
Customer Care Administrator & HSB Project (Former Employee) –  Darlington, Durham1 August 2018
A typical day in my previous roles, were varied, at times were very demanding but in that industry things move very quickly and that is to be expected.

I have learnt about various parts of the business, as my roles have always involved speaking to other departments.

Management on the main are relaxed and approachable.

They work culture I found was good, it wasn't a chore to get up and go to work.

The hardest thing about the job, was how demanding it could be to hit targets or get out orders

Most enjoyable part was working with some great people in a rapidly growing business.
Pros
They like to promote from within the business
Cons
Depending on the department, it can be very demanding
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Scotland26 July 2018
Good experience working with Magnet for the last while, good culture very much driven by the stores employees more than a overall culture. Overall, enjoyable place to work.
NotTheBestNotTheWorst
Trainee Trade Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Colchester23 July 2018
A LOT to learn
A fair bit of training given but a lot you must learn yourself
Reasonable hours
Good opportunities to earn commission and bonuses
Mix of customers
Ok overall
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stratford17 July 2018
The job was varied and involved dealing with trade and retail customers. I even passed a test to drive a fork lift truck. Management were ok.
Culture was sell sell sell.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great place to work if your looking for somewhere to progress!
Kitchen sales designer (Former Employee) –  Ashford, Kent11 July 2018
Really enjoyed working at Magnet! Great family atmosphere and really welcomed in when I joined. You get a lot of support in your first few months and alot of opportunity to progress to other job roles, not just in magnet but across Nobia. You meet a lot of people within the company (CEO, area mangers, head office staff, etc) at engaging events and they really go out of their way to meet everyone and hear your thoughts/opinions. Highly recommend if your in it for the long run as most their employees are.
Pros
Welcoming, fun to work for, lots of opportunities to meet members from other branches.
Cons
None - usual sales job
Money does not match the effort
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands23 May 2018
Your efforts are not rewarded with a decent commission structure and management never back you and always take the customers word even when there is a paper trail to back u
Pros
ok working enviroment
Cons
lack of money
Magnet CKS
Project Design Manager for Magnet CKS (Current Employee) –  North East15 May 2018
I have been with Magnet CKS for 2 years after spending a previous 3 years with another kitchen company. It has been a great move as Magnet treats us like adults (no micro management) and trusts us to do the job.

I have a great team around me and we all pitch in when the going gets tough, Someone is always available if you have a problem and happy to help.

Lots of scope for progression if you want it and lots of e-learning modules are available and always time to apply for a course to further your career.

Work life balance is great and this is one of the best companies I have worked for.
Pros
Great balance, treated like adults, fab team, great managers
Cons
Would like a bit more money (but who does'nt)
Every day is different!
Project Design Manager (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen8 May 2018
I've worked on both the retail side and the contracts side of the business and I have to say that moving to CKS was the best decision I've made since joining Magnet. Every day is different; you can be here, there and everywhere surveying or planning kitchens, picking up stock or on the odd occasion going to meetings and training. When it gets busy it gets BUSY but your team is always there to support you; there's always someone at the end of the phone that can help answer any questions or even plan/price kitchens for you if you just don't think you'll have the time to get them done. I never thought I'd be in a job where I could actually see myself staying there long term but I think this is the one for me and there are plenty of opportunities for progression and Magnet actually WANT you to progress. I can't comment on the other teams but the Scotland & North East team are brilliant; we work hard but still manage to have a laugh and meet up for the odd night out! I think for me the main thing is that management treat you with respect; they don't talk down to you and give credit where credit is due but also push you to want to do more and do better. Overall it's a great place to work, some properties are not the most pleasant to go in to but you've got to take the bad with the good.
Pros
Very flexible, great team
Cons
Can be very demanding when all customers kick in with surveys, etc
Good working environment
Self Employed Driver (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside26 March 2018
I found magnet has a good working environment to work in and I got on with the staff well.I never had any issues within the workplace and everything was organised well.
Pros
Supply uniform and staff discounts available.
Cons
Rate of pay
Warehouse Manager life
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilesden26 March 2018
Typical work work day would start at 7.30am, if there are deliveries we would start unloading and sorting the delivery. I learned how to manage a team. The team got on well and had great management leadership.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Magnet. Our community is ready to answer.