Maersk Line Employee Reviews

would not recommend
3rd Engineer (Current Employee) –  All over the world15 February 2019
A very badly managed company.
Will constantly blame the ship and everyone else except the office when their own ideas fail.
Manning office was unbelievably bad however this was eventually realised and shut down. now much better.
Pros
long time at home
Cons
long time away from home.
Misguided
deck officer (Former Employee) –  worldwide13 February 2019
The culture of meeting an impossible deadline and ever-tightening budgets limit the possible standards of work to below acceptable. This is frustrating for anyone wanting to do a job properly and to the best possible standard.
Pros
Good salary, decent holidays
Cons
Out of touch management, lack of any socialising onboard
Good company, hard work
4th Engineer (Former Employee) –  worldwide12 October 2018
The work life balance while at sea is definitely not for everyone. But the company is one of the best in the industry to work for in terms of salary and leave.
Professional with great benefits
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Felixstowe, Suffolk24 September 2018
I didn't actually work directly for the company, but for catering companies employed by Maersk. I worked at their offices as a chef manager for 18 years and really enjoyed my time with them. I no longer work in that capacity as Maersk decided that to re-deploy most of their jobs and therefore a catering facility would no longer be required and so I was made redundant.
good
Crane operator Supervise (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 August 2018
Daily work used to be good . we enjoy working together as a mate , doing hard working with good attitude and the wrigt equipment and people.
we use to build pipes lines around the world and specially on brazilian waters.
good
Good company
Junior Navigator (Current Employee) –  Sea4 August 2018
Great company to work for. Great salary and potential for promotion. There is always scope to move around the company from positions at sea to positions ashore.
Good benefits, good industry
Care Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside21 February 2018
Good company to work for in terms of benefits. Great canteen with free lunches and breakfasts. Pay isn't bad but could be better considering the amount of work to be done. Management is a little clueless with far too much nepotism especially in Customer Services. Focus on improving customer perception is good but is targeted at the wrong areas.
Pros
Free lunches, good clients, job security, interesting industry
Busy shipping company
Engine cadet (Former Employee) –  South Shields, Tyne and Wear14 February 2018
Good company to learn with as very busy so get to work on different ships and with lots of varied equipment, got to see plenty of the world and get ashore most ports
Pros
Good variety of ships to learn on
Cons
Pay not very good
Good empoyeer
Engineering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Viking20 July 2017
Excellent company to work for, good work environment. Can be demanding on travel and work life balance. Competative wages and benefits, always provides the best equipment. This company dose do IQ test as part of it induction.
Pros
Pay and kit
Cons
Life work balance
Excellent company
Sales roles (Former Employee) –  Dartford, Kent17 July 2017
Maersk are an excellent company to work for. Their training programme is second to none and the opportunities for advancement there were wide ranging.
The only reason I left was because the division I worked for was closed and I was made redundant. I did have an opportunity to work for another division of the company but it would have meant relocating which at the time I was not prepared to do
Challenging workplace
4th Engineer (Current Employee) –  Worldwide29 June 2017
Working as a marine engineer means working away from home generally.
A typical day is starting at 8 am, lunch hour from 12 pm and ending at 5 pm. You live on the ship however, so can be called out at any time for work.
I learned how to work with a multi-cultural team of people in a very difficult working environment. generally the ship's engine room is over 40 degrees Celsius - sometimes reaching as high as 50 degrees.
The hardest part of the job are the changing working hours when going into and leaving port, this usually happens in the middle of the night.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction in getting machinery to work that had broken down.
Pros
No living expenses - living on a ship
Cons
Erratic work hours in hot conditions
Terrible
Accounts Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City28 March 2017
Good management but work colleagues unfriendly and undermining.
Learned to use a different form of accounting system
Sadly nothing enjoyable about this place.
Maersk Line will suck the life out of you!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside3 March 2017
Management only care about their own advancement and have no interest in caring for the needs of their teams. If you don't fit the Maersk "ideal" and dare to have a voice and air your concerns then you may as well write yourself off from the get go. You won't be thanked or rewarded for working long hours and you will be professionally overlooked for people who are prepared to park their morals to generate the sale of a container booking.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Too many to mention!
Safety, Quality focused
2nd Engineer (Current Employee) –  World Wide28 December 2016
Maersk line strive for quality and cost effective. Strive to ensure work is done in a safe and effective manner at the same time ensure wor is performed in minimum required cost with no compromise to quality of Maintenance.
Pros
Good Salry ben8fits
Cons
Away from home
Safety, quality and cost effective
Senior Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  World Wide28 December 2016
Pros
Good Salary and benifits
Cons
Away from Family
good company
FPSO Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire1 December 2016
Good company to work for, plenty of opportunities for progression in your career. Good salary and benefits. Great people to work with.
Pros
bounus
Cons
nothing
Fun work place
Portfolio Project Manager (Current Employee) –  London4 September 2016
that is my first job, for everything is great, think back, the salary was just ok, work life balance is great, and colleagues were great
Free Lunch but Expendable
Finance Business Partner (Former Employee) –  London22 June 2016
A difficult culture to work in due to heavy emphasis on cost reduction hence the expend-abilityand feeling of being just "a number"
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours
Fun company to work for
PA/Office Assistant to Senior Director (Former Employee) –  London E1 8EP6 June 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed working for Maersk. Very flexible and management very supportive. Learned company values. A very varied role. Each day was different. Did event and travel management which I enjoyed thoroughly. Co-workers very supportive. Team was like family
Pros
Free lunch, breakfast and gym
Nice company to work for. Very flexible with excellent benefits
PA/Office Assistant to Senior Director (Former Employee) –  London E125 May 2016
Nice company to work for. Very flexible with excellent benefits.

I had a very varied role as I was a PA/Office Manager. I learned a lot from this company and especially the expense and travel system called SAP. Became a super user and trained new starters on how to use claim their expenses.

I had an excellent manager who was very flexible, understanding and supportive. All my co-workers were like a family. We all got on very well and supported/helped one another. I thoroughly enjoyed my work as it was varied and got lot to learn.